ADVERTISEMENT

Welp, looks like the season's over before it starts according to Kansas fans

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
Tell him this:

| Overall Wins: Kentucky - 22; Kansas - 8 | Official Wins: Kentucky - 22; Kansas - 8
Kentucky vs. Kansas since Self has been at Kansas = (3-5) including (0-2) at Rupp. (3-2) for Calipari at UK vs. KU.

Fine, let's go back 65 years. UK 5 KU 3. We discount as many national titles as you've ever won using the programs' histories.
Ok....sorry...but "go back 65 years" C'mon!!!! Love when people start bragging about things that there's NO WAY anyone here has any memory of & the game's 1,000,000 x different now than then.

I'm not even bashing UK. Just miffed that you all are just lumping KU w/ the likes of Michigan or such.

Kentucky vs. Kansas since Self has been at Kansas = (3-5) including (0-2) at Rupp. (3-2) for Calipari at UK vs. KU.

When the game between UK and Kansas meant something who won that game? Here you are again talking about regular season. It's a theme with you KU people.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
Ok....sorry...but "go back 65 years" C'mon!!!! Love when people start bragging about things that there's NO WAY anyone here has any memory of & the game's 1,000,000 x different now than then.

I'm not even bashing UK. Just miffed that you all are just lumping KU w/ the likes of Michigan or such.

I'm not bragging. I'm doing what you're doing. I'm cherry picking dates.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Ok add them. UK still bests KU. Face it- UK has been your daddy and always will be.
Not denying that. BUT to act like KU's sooooo dominated since MOST here have likely followed the two teams (I'd say probably no earlier than mid- to late '80s) to the same degree that they have over the course of their entire histories is ludicrous.

When the game between UK and Kansas meant something who won that game? Here you are again talking about regular season. It's a theme with you KU people.
Ok....big deal!!!! That was Cal's most stocked team EVER (possibly 2nd most to the team that lost to Wisc.) vs. Self's most OVERACHIEVING team EVER. Honestly, for it to be as close as it was, was a minor miracle

I'm not bragging. I'm doing what you're doing. I'm cherry picking dates.
Kansas City is in Missouri.

Stop using city's in other states to bolster your argument. Kansas as a state blows.
Actually, there's BOTH a Kansas City, MO AND a Kansas City, KS.

MO has Chiefs & Royals. KS has NASCAR track & MLS stadium. Suburbs-wise close to a 50-50 split to maybe even a bit more on the KS side.

Look son, let me spell it out for you. Kansas fans claim they have the richest history in all of college basketball. They lay claim to Rupp, Smith, Naismith. That's KU's calling card. Hell they even have the original basketball rules on display at the Phog. So if you're gonna OWN and BRAG about your HISTORY, you better damn well OWN your entire body of work in your basketball history. Oh and one more thing, Kentucky beat Kansas 16 of the first 17 games we played against each other. Quit your cherry picking and for Christ's sake, take down those Helms banners. It's unbecoming of a Blue Blood.

Not denying that. BUT to act like KU's sooooo dominated since MOST here have likely followed the two teams (I'd say probably no earlier than mid- to late '80s) to the same degree that they have over the course of their entire histories is ludicrous.
Listen friend. I'm not saying KU isn't an outstanding program- it clearly is. In fact, one of the top programs. I just find it humorous KU fans come out of the woodwork when the Jayhawks are given a hard time over here. After all, it our board isn't it?

Look son, let me spell it out for you. Kansas fans claim they have the richest history in all of college basketball. They lay claim to Rupp, Smith, Naismith. That's KU's calling card. Hell they even have the original basketball rules on display at the Phog. So if you're gonna OWN and BRAG about your HISTORY, you better damn well OWN your entire body of work in your history. Oh and one more thing, Kentucky beat Kansas 16 of the first 17 games we played against each other.

I'd say well played but they make it too easy.

Reactions: anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
Why in the world would Robinson get a waiver?He signed a LOI and it wasn't like the head coach was fired.

Listen friend. I'm not saying KU isn't an outstanding program- it clearly is. In fact, one of the top programs. I just find it humorous KU fans come out of the woodwork when the Jayhawks are given a hard time over here. After all, it our board isn't it?

Kansas is no longer a blue blood.

Invented the game, have played more games than anyone.

They were tied in 2008 with San Francisco for championships. They've got one more than Cincinatti. They have one more than Florida.

In no sport would that be considered a "goat" program or organization.

In baseball they'd essentially be the braves.

Agree to disagree.

KU used to be a top 5 program. You've been replaced. You have no beef with UK. Your history is 2nd rate to our program. Maybe one day youll catch UConn. For now, you're at the kids table with Louisville and Florida. Stop embarrassing yourself and your program's history with cherry picked dates.

KU used to be a top 5 program. You've been replaced. You have no beef with UK. Your history is 2nd rate to our program. Maybe one day youll catch UConn. For now, you're at the kids table with Louisville and Florida. Stop embarrassing yourself and your program's history with cherry picked dates.

That's ballgame folks.

Kansas is no longer a blue blood.

Invented the game, have played more games than anyone.

They were tied in 2008 with San Francisco for championships. They've got one more than Cincinatti. They have one more than Florida.

In no sport would that be considered a "goat" program or organization.

In baseball they'd essentially be the braves.

Agree to disagree.
If you strictly go by titles, you are correct. I think the criteria is more expansive than that. What does trouble me about them is Self's lack of consistency in the NCAA tournament. A lot of flameouts in his time there. Having said that, Roy Williams and Self have consistently made KU national player over the regular season.

If you strictly go by titles, you are correct. I think the criteria is more expansive than that. What does trouble me about them is Self's lack of consistency in the NCAA tournament. A lot of flameouts in his time there. Having said that, Roy Williams and Self have consistently made KU national player over the regular season.

As I've said, if Kansas is a blue blood they are light, light blue.

If the Yankees, Cardinals, Lakers celtics, Crimson Tide etc. Had all that regular season success and only had 2/3 titles to show for it, they wouldn't be the names they are.

Kansas shouldn't get a pass.

You will lose this argument. Do so in grace.

That is a big point few rarely bring out. 3 championships, one is in 1952, basketball infancy. UCONN has more in the real basketball era. Florida and Villanova have as many.

They are bolstered a good bit by their huge number of overall wins and of course the conference championships.

They
Kansas City (suburbs 20 mins. to the east max.) is way bigger / more populated ......"uncountry" if that's a word ...than Kentucky!!!

So are you glomming on to Missouri or crowing about a city of like 150k?

ADVERTISEMENT