ADVERTISEMENT

Welp, looks like the season's over before it starts according to Kansas fans

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
Kansas wants titles so bad. I don't blame them, boasting about a conference title every single year when you're supposed to be a blue blood has got to be deeply depressing.

But they need to calm the hell down.

Just imagine if Memphis had hit a few freebies and the biggest luck win in NCAA tournament history had never happened. Damn, they'd be a wreck.

702551_1280x720.jpg

We talkin about Kansas.

Kansas at one time was a powerhouse. Now they have fallen to ul, UF, Mich St, AZ, level.

Can't ever seeing that program get big again.

Reactions: morgousky
Why are we talking about KU? I get ul rival Duke, UNC, SEC basketball. But KU has nothing to do with us. They fell like UCLA, and IU.

We know they will win the Big 12, but once they play real basketball outside of midwest they lose.

We have never and will never be a second tier basketball program. This is one of the most outlandish things I've read on this board. You must be a big UK football fan or something.
That's bullspit...by the time Tubby left, we were looking up at the 2nd tier teams.

True. 2nd round.
Oh, give them a little more credit. They've only lost in the 1st or 2nd round 5 times since the toupee wonder has been there. That's only 3 more times than they've made the FF, after all. And they've made real progress this decade, generally going from being exposed as vastly overrated early in the tournament to slightly later. But, you know, Big 12 titles and 1 or 2 seeds, blah blah blah.

Yes and we will be there too when Cal leaves. People here don't seem to remember that recruiting wasn't a picnik under our previous two coaches.

Kentucky has 7 national titles with coaches other than Calipari. 3 of our last 4 coaching hires have won titles. 5 different coaches have won titles. Programs are allowed a few down periods, it doesn't mean we've ever been as low as Kansas.

Wtf kind of take is that?

That's bullspit...by the time Tubby left, we were looking up at the 2nd tier teams.

There's a difference between being in a short down period and actually being an all-time "second tier" program. Our 7 titles (and a ton of final fours, among other insane winning stats) wouldn't have let us slip for decades, even without Cal's success.

We're talking about the Louisville/Michigan State/and now Kansas types of programs whose all time "tale of the tapes" aren't on the first tier, blue blood level.

Sad news for the Jayhawks. They usually make it all the way to the second round.

they need him bad. preston kid isnt that good, soft. and the lightfoot kid is terrible. the huge kid cant do anything but dunk, misses all his FTs.

They have somehow become the destination for transfers and risky 5 star players, who have never panned out. Keep winning those conference titles...

and if monkey's had more personality they would not be riding pigs at the county fair. KU SUCKS, SEL SUCKS and KANSAS FANS SUCK. I now present the dumbass of the decade award to the Tweeter and Poster for wasting our time talking about a team that cannot lick our tennis shoes. I do enjoy watching a monkey ride a pig. I think the pigs enjoys it as well. I will hang up and listen to your reply Mr. Sly Pie.

So is somebody going to call the NCAA and tell them to cancel the season and ship the trophy to the rug doctor and all the great kids that speak seven languages and were eligible to play right away !

With Robinson's rumored maturity issues, I had him penciled in at KU the second he left WKU. They're the most desperate Blue blood by far.

Maybe he can have a hat ceremony like Alexander did and start off by surprising everyone by picking up the local junior college hat before he switches to Kansas.

Reactions: KDcats11
There's a difference between being in a short down period and actually being an all-time "second tier" program. Our 7 titles (and a ton of final fours, among other insane winning stats) wouldn't have let us slip for decades, even without Cal's success.

We're talking about the Louisville/Michigan State/and now Kansas types of programs whose all time "tale of the tapes" aren't on the first tier, blue blood level.

Try 8 titles.

So is somebody going to call the NCAA and tell them to cancel the season and ship the trophy to the rug doctor and all the great kids that speak seven languages and were eligible to play right away !

No worries about Kansas. It's said that Christopher Nolan got his idea the black hole portion of Interstellar by watching Malik Newman in high school. It was after one of Newman's games as his teammates were walking off the court that Nolan noticed that humans could, in fact, survive close proximity to a black hole without imploding.

He combined that element with Self's tradition of holding OAD talent back. Watching Self underutilize players like Alexander, Diallo, Wiggins, Bragg, etc., Nolan was convinced that the plot could be centered around a small farm community like Lawrence where the father represented a OAD talent of sorts. "Murph," said Nolan in a recent interview, "is really Coach Self in a way. Her father's character is the OAD player who discovers it was 'really him the whole time', and not the Kansas program that made him great. The line, 'Don't let me leave, Murph,' is really a metaphor for how Kansas doesn't prepare players for the NBA. The OAD player has left prematurely, and wants to return to Kansas."

tumblr_nmzayi77X51tpia98o3_250.gif

Reactions: Pluto is a Planet

gotcha...and agree

ADVERTISEMENT