ADVERTISEMENT

Well look what I found....hmmm

Lifelong Bama football fan here and yes, fans would burn down Tuscaloosa over a 7-6 record
I think they should be content, as long as the team was young, he won the recruiting title, and said funny things. Isn’t that what it’s all about?

We're a juggernaut in basketball. What you just said is like Alabama saying they would be happy with a 7-6 record and a music city bowl loss to northwestern in football.

No, every year our goal is national championship. It's not gonna happen most of the time but that is our goal.

I disagree. If you want to compare this to football, I think my scenario is more like going 10-3 and playing in a New year's day bowl. If Alabama was returning a team of nothing but inexperienced players, I think that would be a reasonable expectation.

Of course the goal every year is to win a national championship, however that is not a reasonable expectation every year, especially with the revolving door of players we have. The 2010, 2012 and 2105 teams, I expected UK to win the championship. That was a reasonable expectation given the talent we had. I think this year would still be considered "successful", which is what the OP was asking, by us making the sweet sixteen and the conference championship given how young and inexperienced we are.

Of course the goal every year is to win a national championship, however that is not a reasonable expectation every year, especially with the revolving door of players we have. .

It's not a reasonable expectation even if we didn't have a revolving door of players lol

I disagree. If you want to compare this to football, I think my scenario is more like going 10-3 and playing in a New year's day bowl. If Alabama was returning a team of nothing but inexperienced players, I think that would be a reasonable expectation.

Of course the goal every year is to win a national championship, however that is not a reasonable expectation every year, especially with the revolving door of players we have. The 2010, 2012 and 2105 teams, I expected UK to win the championship. That was a reasonable expectation given the talent we had. I think this year would still be considered "successful", which is what the OP was asking, by us making the sweet sixteen and the conference championship given how young and inexperienced we are.
Yeah, I don't believe we win it this year. Those years you brought up I hoped, with 2012 I just knew from the beginning nobody was beating us out of a championship. I knew all along that year. 2015 scared me because going undefeated is too much pressure IMHO. Even though we won't win this year, I was just making a point we are a top program that still expects it.
Off topic, if Duke starts off 31-0 I'm honestly not gonna be as worried than if they drop a game or two before tourney....look out. Going undefeated is just too much. The weight of the world is on you.

It CAN play a part.....but take 2012......can you name just ONCE we needed any luck? Or 1996?

Yeah but those are abnormal. I mean those twos the talent disparity was so great it removed some of luck aspect.

That happens like hardly ever lol.

But maybe not the tournament but FWIW we did lose to IU and Vandy that season.
We also had close calls. Even right before that IU game with UNC (Davis block).

It just illustrates that in a one and done tournament, things could still happen.

We should have quite a few more and be ahead of ucla, instead of worried about Duke and UNC catching us.
You be crazy man. No team consistently dat good these day. Even Dut struggle sometime. How old you old man? I bet over 70 or either under 12 got to be one of dos..... You crazy man. What up with U man.

Whoever is arguing with Cal put his ass on the bench.From the play on the court, Id say WG and/or PJ.. if so sit both their ass

What’s not funny, cute, or clever is having one of the deepest, most talented teams in college bb history and not finishing a historic year off.
Look, our 2015 team had a half dozen games they could've/should've lost. I believe we were down to a bad LSU team by 7 with just over a minute to play. Wisconsin was absolutely loaded. If the two teams played 10 times on a neutral floor, they would beat us at least 3 times.

I was there, it was disappointing. In fact, my wife and I were berated by obnoxious, pathetic Wisconsin fans during the game and after. If I would have had a gun, I would have shot to death this one particular woman.

Reactions: The_Answer1313
I wish Cal would retire the "they are freshman" routine. Its how he chooses to play and its not an excuse.
The fans are tracking that. No need to say it at every halftime interview, call in show, podcast etc

Reactions: Apoxie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT