ADVERTISEMENT

Well, let’s talk SOS and RPI again...

Do you believe Vermont is Top 50 good? No Top 100 wins and only 4 Top 150 wins.

Wins (RPI 1-50)
RPI DATE OPPONENT SCORE
No current wins in this range.

Losses (RPI 1-50)
RPI DATE OPPONENT SCORE
19 Nov. 12 @ Kentucky 69-73
44 Dec. 16 St. Bonaventure* 79-81

Wins (RPI 51-100)
RPI DATE OPPONENT SCORE
No current wins in this range.

Losses (RPI 51-100)
RPI DATE OPPONENT SCORE
95 Dec. 2 @ Bucknell 77-81
66 Dec. 5 @ Marquette 81-91
76 Dec. 9 @ Northeastern 67-71

Wins (RPI 101-150)
RPI DATE OPPONENT SCORE
103 Nov. 17 Bradley* 65-64
118 Nov. 19 Northern Kentucky* 66-64
134 Jan. 24 Albany 61-50
134 Feb. 8 @ Albany 72-67

Losses (RPI 101-150)
RPI DATE OPPONENT SCORE
No current losses in this range.

Wins (RPI 150+)
RPI DATE OPPONENT SCORE
239 Nov. 18 Coastal Carolina* 80-67
219 Nov. 25 @ Yale 79-73
165 Nov. 29 @ Richmond 71-65
273 Dec. 11 Siena 81-57
279 Dec. 21 Quinnipiac 80-73
155 Jan. 2 @ Harvard 62-56
298 Jan. 4 @ UMass Lowell 88-77
154 Jan. 6 UMBC 71-56
334 Jan. 10 @ Dartmouth 91-78
241 Jan. 13 Stony Brook 73-62
339 Jan. 15 Maine 83-62
306 Jan. 18 @ New Hampshire 67-56
213 Jan. 21 @ Hartford 76-53
318 Jan. 31 @ Binghamton 68-54
154 Feb. 3 @ UMBC 81-53
298 Feb. 11 UMass Lowell 81-69

Does it really matter if they are?

And fwiw the computer metrics seems to think they are pretty close
https://www.masseyratings.com/cb/compare.htm

It’s hard to get top 100 wins if u don’t play many top 100 teams and even when u do get a chance, the majority of the games are on the road or on a neutral site.

WE just moved up another spot tonight with OSU losing to Penn State and OSU drooped 5 spots to #20 and we are now #19 and SOS #3. Kentucky is good shape right now as we are talking. That is why these next 5 games are HUGE, HUGE, HUGE and could say that 97 more times tonight. We have games that we will move back up if we can pull off these wins in the next 5 games and the SEC Conference Tournament.

First, the five game we have left 4 of the 5 are TOP 50 RPI games. This will help us if we win these games. Alabama currently is at #31 RPI and Arkansas is #32 RPI and we play at Arkansas next Tuesday night, Then back with Missouri which is now at #22 RPI and Ole Miss is at #120 RPI so that is a Must game because if for some reason we have a game where we can't hit nothing and playing stupid with mistakes and they would pull an upset at RUPP that would drop us Double Digits just that game. That game could be one that would actually kill us. Then Florida is at #50 RPI. If we win vs. Alabama, Arkansas, Missouri, and we know Ole Miss is a must, and right now UF is struggling losing now 4 games in Gainesville is unlike Florida. I was on there site tonight talking to a friend of mine he said Fans down there would like to see Kennedy come to UF and White to Ole Miss. I guess Mike White and/or his wife went to Ole Miss and I guess would like to go back home one day with all there family. I don't know how much of that is true am I just passing along the Information I was given by a Friend in Florida.

I think we also match up well with Arkansas and Florida. If we could win those 2 on the road you will see our RPI skyrocket up from #19 to close to Top 10 RPI. Then Alabama and Missouri being #31 and #22 RPI would for sure put in the TOP 10 RPI and would puts us back in the Top 25 Rankings. If for some reason we can pull these off and get 22-9 heading into the SEC Tourney and pull out 2-3 wins and head in Selection Sunday lets say being 25-9 and a Top 10 RPI and probably close to that in Rankings. We could easily be looking at 3 or 4 Seed instead of 7 to 10 seed on Selection Sunday.

That is why it is important if Coach Cal would try some changes and see what would happen. In our Non-Conference games starting at game 6 or 7 up to the SEC Conference start we had scored 93 points twice in New York vs. Monmouth, beating VT 93-86 and in that game we hit 12 threes and Monmouth we had close to double digits. Then we beat UL and score 90 points and that is when our offense was running better, up tempo game, running, and PG making smart decisions. In these 7 games we averaged over 90 points but Coach Cal hated our Defense. That is when he started working on the GRIND IT OUT Half-Court Offense and working on better Defense. IT just seems like since we have went to working on playing better Defense it has really hurt our Offense. I know Vanderbilt has helped us in the Rebounding but since we finally have him playing, and Cal trying the GRIND OUT IT half court Offense, and when Green was hurt for 2 weeks and SGA was moved to the PG and those 2 or 3 huge games Cal never moved Green back to PG. I would
Like Cal to try Green PG, SGA at SG, Knox, Vanderbilt, Richards or Gabriel underneath and let run up tempo pressing some causing turnovers for easy shots and layups. Play like we were against VT, Monmouth, UL, and WVU get back to running pressing up tempo game like we were in our Non- Conference games.

WE just moved up another spot tonight with OSU losing to Penn State and OSU drooped 5 spots to #20 and we are now #19 and SOS #3. Kentucky is good shape right now as we are talking. That is why these next 5 games are HUGE, HUGE, HUGE and could say that 97 more times tonight. We have games that we will move back up if we can pull off these wins in the next 5 games and the SEC Conference Tournament.

First, the five game we have left 4 of the 5 are TOP 50 RPI games. This will help us if we win these games. Alabama currently is at #31 RPI and Arkansas is #32 RPI and we play at Arkansas next Tuesday night, Then back with Missouri which is now at #22 RPI and Ole Miss is at #120 RPI so that is a Must game because if for some reason we have a game where we can't hit nothing and playing stupid with mistakes and they would pull an upset at RUPP that would drop us Double Digits just that game. That game could be one that would actually kill us. Then Florida is at #50 RPI. If we win vs. Alabama, Arkansas, Missouri, and we know Ole Miss is a must, and right now UF is struggling losing now 4 games in Gainesville is unlike Florida. I was on there site tonight talking to a friend of mine he said Fans down there would like to see Kennedy come to UF and White to Ole Miss. I guess Mike White and/or his wife went to Ole Miss and I guess would like to go back home one day with all there family. I don't know how much of that is true am I just passing along the Information I was given by a Friend in Florida.

I think we also match up well with Arkansas and Florida. If we could win those 2 on the road you will see our RPI skyrocket up from #19 to close to Top 10 RPI. Then Alabama and Missouri being #31 and #22 RPI would for sure put in the TOP 10 RPI and would puts us back in the Top 25 Rankings. If for some reason we can pull these off and get 22-9 heading into the SEC Tourney and pull out 2-3 wins and head in Selection Sunday lets say being 25-9 and a Top 10 RPI and probably close to that in Rankings. We could easily be looking at 3 or 4 Seed instead of 7 to 10 seed on Selection Sunday.

That is why it is important if Coach Cal would try some changes and see what would happen. In our Non-Conference games starting at game 6 or 7 up to the SEC Conference start we had scored 93 points twice in New York vs. Monmouth, beating VT 93-86 and in that game we hit 12 threes and Monmouth we had close to double digits. Then we beat UL and score 90 points and that is when our offense was running better, up tempo game, running, and PG making smart decisions. In these 7 games we averaged over 90 points but Coach Cal hated our Defense. That is when he started working on the GRIND IT OUT Half-Court Offense and working on better Defense. IT just seems like since we have went to working on playing better Defense it has really hurt our Offense. I know Vanderbilt has helped us in the Rebounding but since we finally have him playing, and Cal trying the GRIND OUT IT half court Offense, and when Green was hurt for 2 weeks and SGA was moved to the PG and those 2 or 3 huge games Cal never moved Green back to PG. I would
Like Cal to try Green PG, SGA at SG, Knox, Vanderbilt, Richards or Gabriel underneath and let run up tempo pressing some causing turnovers for easy shots and layups. Play like we were against VT, Monmouth, UL, and WVU get back to running pressing up tempo game like we were in our Non- Conference games.
KY has a chance to get 4 Quad 1 wins to end the season. Just need to get this win against Alabama to get the momentum going again.

Reactions: 3Bluefever325
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT