ADVERTISEMENT

Well it was an ugly game.

Originally posted by Jkwo:

Originally posted by BostonCat2001:

Originally posted by Jkwo:

Originally posted by mj2k10:
It was 67-32 with 10 minutes left. Exactly how ugly can a 35 point lead be?

As to the last 10 minutes, yeah, that can be frustrating, but it's par for the course. UK did the exact same thing in 2012 against WKU. Cal has no interest in seeing how much he can win by against a 16 seed, or really, any over-matched opponent.
I agree with that last part, but that doesn't mean the guys have to stand up on defense and give up 20 points in 10 minutes after only giving up 30 in the 30 minutes before.
why not? why does it matter other than to make your ego feel better?
Not sure why you think my ego has anything to do with it.

My ego is wrapped up in me as a person, not the accomplishments of someone else that I cheer for. If you want to talk about what makes me great, I'll start writing a list that I can have to you by Tuesday.

But the shorter answer is that I, like you, enjoy arguing over trivial things on message boards.

Unlike you, I enjoy doing it with rival fans.

The more this team demolishes people, the more ammo I have to blast Louisville idiots into oblivion.

As you can see, my motivations here are very dignified and nuanced.
Well, at least you didn't make it about you.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

So according to a couple on here if you're 35-0 there's no need or use for a message/discussion board.

Interesting...

They really need to play better than that, shot when they should have passed and passed when they should have shot, Cal said the same thing.

I'm not concerned in the least,ugly or not they could have ran the score up to a 50 point win.If that's reason to start bashing the team or be concerned then some of you guys need to take a trip to Colorado and smoke a few doobies or start drinking heavily starting now

Originally posted by Bluest Member:
I'm not concerned in the least,ugly or not they could have ran the score up to a 50 point win.If that's reason to start bashing the team or be concerned then some of you guys need to take a trip to Colorado and smoke a few doobies or start drinking heavily starting now
Some of our fans could win 10 million and complain about the taxes.

Originally posted by 3rex:
So according to a couple on here if you're 35-0 there's no need or use for a message/discussion board.

Interesting...
it's the same bunch that said don't critize Tubby.......

Effort and focus are things that should be discussed.

Interesting...
Less need, but the main point is that you better be selective about when criticism is warranted. I'm just not sure that a game where UK led 67-32 qualifies, given the context, no matter how the last 8-10 minutes went.

We knew we were going to win. We were up by 35 points. Why should we continue to exert energy when we have another game in 2 days? Coast to the win, save your legs, don't get anyone hurt, and continue on to the next round.

Hard to get fired up for an argument about a 35-0 UK not beating an opponent by enough points...

The mid 2000's....that was the good ole arguing days, had lots to bicker about....today, not so much.

Originally posted by mj2k10:

Interesting...
Less need, but the main point is that you better be selective about when criticism is warranted. I'm just not sure that a game where UK led 67-32 qualifies, given the context, no matter how the last 8-10 minutes went.
It's not about last night's game, it's the overall attitude that's the concern. The lazy "DGAF" attitude has been there for awhile now. Just look at how WCS played vs. how Karl Towns played.

I suppose if they always turn it on when they need to, it's fine, but you'd rather not play with fire if at all possible. You get up 15 points on Notre Dame, then relax, you could be in trouble.

I agree it was an ugly game, but nothing shocking about that. Any time you have two teams competing where the talent is so dominating by one team its more than likely to be ugly. .

I don't think these type of games do anything for either team because its all about money.. I don't think any one that watched the game thought that the score would be any different than it was. When a team is so heavily favored as UK was, there is not much incentive to even play the game, although I give Hampton a lot of credit for their hustle and effort.

There are too many teams in the tourney for this not to happen fairly often. I don't have the answer, just reminding fans that it shouldn't be so shocking because it a built-in factor.that will happen many more times. jmho

ADVERTISEMENT