ADVERTISEMENT

Weird coincidences for #22

Blueaz

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2009
Phoenix
Just saw this from twitter
The fourth down stop was at the 22 yard line.
Bowden game sealing run was halted at the 22 yard line.
I did not fact check; but very cool, if true

Reactions: CB3UK and EliteBlue
Just saw this from twitter
The fourth down stop was at the 22 yard line.
Bowden game sealing run was halted at the 22 yard line.
I did not fact check; but very cool, if true
I watched the replay last night. The third down play from the 15 ended in a sack right on the 22 yard line, and of course, the failed 4th down pass left the ball there. Bowden's run ended smack on the 22 on the other end of the field.

My grandfather passed away in 94, he was 86. He would take me hunting with him on his farm when I got old enough to safely carry a gun, and I fell in love with hunting. He died in the spring, and that fall I was on his farm bow hunting for deer one afternoon, in one of our favorite squirrel hunting spots. A small “eating “ deer shows up right before dark, and I shoot it. Anyone who has ever bowhunted knows they seldom fall where shot, you have to track them. So at dark with a flashlight, I start tracking. The deer ran off down a narrow hollow towards my truck, which was about a mile away. I tracked for about 45 minutes and had lost the trail, and looked down the hollow and saw a light of some sort. It was stationary, light colored, and didn’t move. I kept looking for the trail and would glance up every few seconds and the light was still there in the same place. There is no electricity there, no way it was a reflection of my truck, as the light was about halfway between me and my truck, and there was no moonlight. My flashlight started giving out, so I decided to go home and come back first thing next morning. That’s when the light disappeared. Next morning at first light I’m walking back up the hollow when I catch a glimpse of something in some tall weeds. I walk closer and it’s my deer piled up. It hits me then that it’s in the exact spot where I had seen the light night before. I literally shook for a couple minutes. True story.

Reactions: GridCats
True story.

My father died in ‘08, and this tossed me back into farming, part time. Several odd coincidences popped up in the next few years, most of which were small, but gave me pause for thought.

In early 2014, I noticed a baseball card
lying face down on the floor near a drawer where I’d stored them many years ago. It wasn’t in the way, and I’m a slob, so I didn’t bother picking it up.

It lay there for about two weeks when a friend suddenly and unexpectedly lost her Mom. I pondered calling her to tell her she’d be getting some odd messages. As I pondered, the baseball card on the floor came to my mind. I had thought that it might have some significance, since there was absolutely no reason for it to be where it was.

My father was not a sports fan, period. He was a hard working farmer and business man.

I searched my memory for what athlete could have had any significance to my father. I was at a loss, but then remembered he had given me a German Shepard puppy that I had named Spencer, after Spencer Haywood, an NBA player in the early 70’s. He was our primary farm dog for years. My Dad and I buried that dog when he died at the age of 15.

I nearly fainted when I picked Spencer Haywood’s card up from the floor. I didn’t even know I had a basketball card for him.

I called my friend and told her she’d be getting some messages.

I have never told my story to anyone except my wife and kids, and only did so within last few years. It’s hard to share stuff like that, too emotional. I have another about my uncle who passed away 10 years ago and I’ve still not told anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT