ADVERTISEMENT

We need to hire Holtmann RIGHT away!

Get ready to be blasted. I was blasted for merely suggesting if you get to tier 3 candidates that he'd be top on my list.

I do think that considering the nature of how this is unfolding he wouldn't be a bad hire.
Yeah the brigade is out in force. The other options listed on this thread seem like pipe dreams so I am giving a plausible option.

Good God no!
The guy would be BCG II.
He is 10-5 with 2 straight losses right now.
war football GIF
What makes people think he would be successful here?
OHS:
Conference Champion: 0 Times (Reg. Seas.), 0 Times (Tourn.)

NCAA Tournament: 7 Years (7-7), 0 Final Fours, 0 Championships
But...he's from the state of Kentucky.

Not trolling at all.

1) He’s young and energetic and on an upward trajectory. Bc he was born a Kentucky fan, he will see this as a destination and not jump to the NBA when he inevitably has success here.

2) He plays multiple looks on defense and is hard to game plan against. There is a reason Butler didn’t miss a beat when Stevens left.

3) ESPN has him as the favorite to land the job. He will connect with the fans as a former fan himself and bring major boosters who have left Cal and that will help our NIL promotions. What he has done at OSU with NIL is masterful.

He is likely to be near the top of the list from internal conversations I’ve had with other boosters who are well connected in the athletics department.
You're high out of your mind. Upward trajectory??!!!

Now, I do believe that he is near the top of the list as a hire, unfortunately.

It’s unbelievable to me that so many UK fans want Holtmann, a coach who has made 1 sweet 16, is 7-7 overall in the NCAA tournament, barely has a 60% winning percentage overall as a coach, and has never won more than 25 games in a season. If he wasn’t from Nicholasville everyone here would think he is average at best.

He’s fine for a job like Ohio State, but that resume feels extremely underwhelming to me. Nothing against the guy, but Kentucky shouldn’t be a job where we take a chance on a guy because he was born nearby.

Then learn the game big man dude just got beat at home by Minnesota, that is like our SC LOSS, NUFF SAID
Nope, nothing like us. SC was rated 40 spots lower. Also, Cal has lost to far worse teams (ahem EVANSVILLE) on what is now a yearly basis. Most importantly, Ohio State is still 17 on Ken Pom, whereas we are 46. One makes the tournament, the other does not. Learn the game big man dude.

Nope, nothing like us. SC was rated 40 spots lower. Also, Cal has lost to far worse teams (ahem EVANSVILLE) on what is now a yearly basis. Most importantly, Ohio State is still 17 on Ken Pom, whereas we are 46. One makes the tournament, the other does not. Learn the game big man dude.
-Holtmann REGULARLY has 10+ loss seasons
-One Sweet 16 (2017 while @ Butler)

Seriously, what is on his resume that is worthy of getting a blue blood gig?

Reactions: flacat22
Not trolling at all.

1) He’s young and energetic and on an upward trajectory. Bc he was born a Kentucky fan, he will see this as a destination and not jump to the NBA when he inevitably has success here.

2) He plays multiple looks on defense and is hard to game plan against. There is a reason Butler didn’t miss a beat when Stevens left.

3) ESPN has him as the favorite to land the job. He will connect with the fans as a former fan himself and bring major boosters who have left Cal and that will help our NIL promotions. What he has done at OSU with NIL is masterful.

He is likely to be near the top of the list from internal conversations I’ve had with other boosters who are well connected in the athletics department.
Bro, do you even watch OSU? They're UK-lite. Same shit offense. Same shit defense. Just less athletic guys doing it.

Haha it’s that happens it’ll be like what Tennessee did with Greg schiano

OH ST fans wanting Holtmann gone NOW! Lost five in a row. What makes our head coaching position so scary if put in the hands of Barnhart. How could this guy be his backup plan?

The only thing worse than Mitch picking the next coach would be this board picking the next coach. Non stop bad coaching takes from people here.

Sure, just like your silly, make-believe "pickets."
You love to spread propaganda and worship at the alter of your deity, Almighty Cal. We had 38 strong the other night. You just can’t deal with the fact that your criticism of me in 2018 and 2019 ended up being Bs and the entire board turned on you and in favor of the CLOD. Sorry.

You love to spread propaganda and worship at the alter of your deity, Almighty Cal. We had 38 strong the other night. You just can’t deal with the fact that your criticism of me in 2018 and 2019 ended up being Bs and the entire board turned on you and in favor of the CLOD.
What are you even talking about in 2018? 2019? Was that when you claimed your fandom was more valuable because you graduated from and contributed massive sums of money to UK? As laughable now as it was then. I am no Cal worshipper but your antics are lame and boring. We're all still waiting on pictures from one of your alleged picket circle jerks.

Exactly. Even If we are looking at Kentucky connections Holtman is the bottom of the list for me. I’d rather take a chance on Pope, Vogel, or Casey.

Holtman is your “I strike out on all my strike out options” option

Reactions: Mulder14
What are you even talking about in 2018? 2019? Was that when you claimed your fandom was more valuable because you graduated from and contributed massive sums of money to UK? As laughable now as it was then. I am no Cal worshipper but your antics are lame and boring. We're all still waiting on pictures from one of your alleged picket circle jerks.
Yes and it is more valuable. Put your money where your mouth is.

Wouldn't you love to know what all went into MB's reasoning of putting CH as his second pick? At this place, it has to be the very best floor coach/recruiter available.

Love to know where everyone is on this thread after Holtmann dismantles a good Iowa team today. Nowhere to be found but you certainly love to pop up when OSU loses a tough road game in conference.

Love to know where everyone is on this thread after Holtmann dismantles a good Iowa team today. Nowhere to be found but you certainly love to pop up when OSU loses a tough road game in conference.
Loses a tough road game? Nebraska is absolutely horrible. And they just lost to a horrible Minnesota team at HOME a few games ago. We're here. Iowa is terrible this year. One of their worst teams in several years. Holtmann is still in no way the answer for next UK coach. Not by a longshot.

Last edited:
I really think he’d be a great fit as Cal’s replacement. He gets what we are going through because he bleeds blue.
I'm sure he'd have a better winning percentage than Cal's since he been here at Rupp, 77%, when he's around 60% at The Ohio State. Cal percentage at Rupp is over 90%, doubt he's anywhere close at his home court. I'm not sure he's even got a winning % in the NCAA tourney. Doubt he's ever won 30 plus in a season and has never had a number 1 recruiting class. I wonder how many conferences he's won? Cal has his problems but I 'm sure he's not worried about your replacement choice.

ADVERTISEMENT