ADVERTISEMENT

We need to hire Holtmann RIGHT away!

Put me down for Vogel, Lloyd, or Oates. That’s the order I’d call them in too.

I wouldn’t even bother calling Stevens, it’s apparent that he doesn’t want to coach. At any level. You could call Wright and Donovan. But seeing K and Roy leave college ball and now seeing how poorly Cal has adapted makes me think a coach from the old guard isn’t what we need.

Vogel learned from one of the best in Pitino. He should have already been called. Read his bio he was on Letterman in the 8th grade for the stupid human tricks. He spun a basketball on a toothbrush while brushing his teeth. Was student manager for Pitino then played on the JV team the next 2 seasons.

Reactions: MoonshineMafia
I really think he’d be a great fit as Cal’s replacement. He gets what we are going through because he bleeds blue.
You’re kidding right?

What has Holtman ever done to make you think he's anything more than Tubby-lite?

Is he on your list because he lived in Nicholasville?

If you never want to see the winning side of a sweet 16 game, then hire Chris Holtman.

Joker bled blue and look what happened with that? Yeah no thanks.

Just because he bleeds blue doesn't auto qualify him for the job.

If the OP isn't trolling, what are three reasons why you want Holtman over anyone else? Besides that he bleeds blue?

If anyone wants to hear Holtmann coach, tonight's OSU game has the coaches miced with no commercials.

Put me down for Vogel, Lloyd, or Oates. That’s the order I’d call them in too.
That would be my top 3 choices as well. I am really intrigued by Vogel. I think that guy paired up with UK would be a nightmare for the rest of college basketball. But I would also be happy with Lloyd or Oates too. Any of them would obviously be miles ahead of what we have now.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Joker bled blue and look what happened with that? Yeah no thanks.

Just because he bleeds blue doesn't auto qualify him for the job.

If the OP isn't trolling, what are three reasons why you want Holtman over anyone else? Besides that he bleeds blue?
Not trolling at all.

1) He’s young and energetic and on an upward trajectory. Bc he was born a Kentucky fan, he will see this as a destination and not jump to the NBA when he inevitably has success here.

2) He plays multiple looks on defense and is hard to game plan against. There is a reason Butler didn’t miss a beat when Stevens left.

3) ESPN has him as the favorite to land the job. He will connect with the fans as a former fan himself and bring major boosters who have left Cal and that will help our NIL promotions. What he has done at OSU with NIL is masterful.

He is likely to be near the top of the list from internal conversations I’ve had with other boosters who are well connected in the athletics department.

I really think he’d be a great fit as Cal’s replacement. He gets what we are going through because he bleeds blue.
Good God no!
The guy would be BCG II.
He is 10-5 with 2 straight losses right now.
war football GIF
What makes people think he would be successful here?
OHS:
Conference Champion: 0 Times (Reg. Seas.), 0 Times (Tourn.)

NCAA Tournament: 7 Years (7-7), 0 Final Fours, 0 Championships

1. Nate Oats
2. Eric Musselman
3. Scott Drew
4. Sean Miller
5. Tommy Lloyd
6. Dan Hurley
7. Jerome Tang

7 off the top of my head I'd take over Holtmann

Get ready to be blasted. I was blasted for merely suggesting if you get to tier 3 candidates that he'd be top on my list.

I do think that considering the nature of how this is unfolding he wouldn't be a bad hire.

Nice call by the refs a clean block at the end and they give him a BS foul call with 1 second left to give them a gift FT. It sickens me to lose a game when the ref cheats you like this. Ayers what a joke for a ref.

Nice call by the refs a clean block at the end and they give him a BS foul call with 1 second left to give them a gift FT. It sickens me to lose a game when the ref cheats you like this. Ayers what a joke for a ref.
Henry, you gotta move that Xavier "X' up to the upper right quadrant of your pic and cross out the Buckeyes. LOL

You throw $10 mil a year at Stevens and Donovan. If they say no, you contact Wright, Pearl, Oats, Lloyd. In that order.

ADVERTISEMENT