ADVERTISEMENT

We need some good news for UK basketball.

Every day that goes by makes me think it’s not happening. I’ve mentally prepared for the current roster to start the season with Bruiser Flint as the new assistant coach and Cal talking about how much he likes his team.

This is probably the longest we’ve gone in the Cal era without a high school commit. The player pool is drying up and it’s been a while since we’ve heard anything positive about a potential recruit. Mostly just “so and so has removed UK from his list”.

Every day that goes by makes me think it’s not happening. I’ve mentally prepared for the current roster to start the season with Bruiser Flint as the new assistant coach and Cal talking about how much he likes his team.

This is probably the longest we’ve gone in the Cal era without a high school commit. The player pool is drying up and it’s been a while since we’ve heard anything positive about a potential recruit. Mostly just “so and so has removed UK from his list”.
You know sometimes when a player says they cut UK it’s the other way around.

• Haha
Reactions: STL_Cat
Don’t expect any good news with additions, the roster is set Tucker and others have hinted at it to much. If good news comes in it will be in the form of communication players looking good in summer workouts

Don’t expect any good news with additions, the roster is set Tucker and others have hinted at it to much. If good news comes in it will be in the form of communication players looking good in summer workouts
Yep.Last summer remember Kyle Tucker saying Brooks was shooting the shit out of the ball and would be a stud.He ended up shooting about 23% from 3,lol.

Not only can Cal no longer get the “best of the best” high school recruits, but he can’t even pick up an average player from the Atlantic 10 out of the portal.

Eating first? Dude, we’re sitting at the kids’ table. You know, the card table, using plastic forks and sippy cups.

Last edited:
Not only can Cal no longer get the “best of the best” high school recruits, but he can’t even pick up an average player from the Atlantic 10 out of the portal.

Eating first? Dude, we’re sitting at the kids’ table. You know, the card table, using plastic forks and snippy cups.
UK was the best team in the country for a good portion of last year, and injuries and a shooting slump led to a horrific loss early in the tournament. Now we're pretty consensus top 10 pre-season for next year. I think you're exaggerating little. Duke is still Duke have lost in the first weekend far more often, and UK is still UK. Our worst is still better than most.

UK was the best team in the country for a good portion of last year, and injuries and a shooting slump led to a horrific loss early in the tournament. Now we're pretty consensus top 10 pre-season for next year. I think you're exaggerating little. Duke is still Duke have lost in the first weekend far more often, and UK is still UK. Our worst is still better than most.
Thanks Spam...I feel better now.

Uyh
Not refuting anything you just posted. Yet I get nauseous thinking about it. Did Edd get penetration without my knowledge?

Reactions: *CatinIL*

Eating first? Dude, we’re sitting at the kids’ table. You know, the card table, using plastic forks and snippy cups.
And why would we need an average player from the A10? Weak argument

Can’t explain it really. Kinda ouch-back off MF-hurry up.
He/she reminds me of a poster from back in the early 2000's...I just can't remember the handle/name of the poster. One of these days it will click and I will remember. He/she had the same superior intellect attitude...

That's bs. Sharpe will more than likely go with 4-8 selections.
AZ, I'm not picking on your post but I'm just using it...because I agree with it.

Sharpenstien is supposed to be some BB god Unicorn...what has he done to reduce that thinking in the tiny minds of the NBA?

You remind me of that Olympian that sat out competition for mental health reasons.

He is coasting and cashing that paycheck.

You want good news? My inside sources are telling me that the checkerboards are OUT and the icicles are back IN! We're reviving one of the most popular UK uniforms ever!!!

262599_display_image.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Yep.Last summer remember Kyle Tucker saying Brooks was shooting the shit out of the ball and would be a stud.He ended up shooting about 23% from 3,lol.
This is what happens when Tucker's source was Keion Brooks SENIOR.

Tucker also had the alarmingly awful take that Nick Richards was the same guy--prior to his JR year and that was coming from that jackass Justus. So he couldn't even notice the difference between a guy who got himself drafted and was All SEC from what he was his FR/Soph seasons.

Be wary of the people who have to wear kneepads to get info. You'll get BS'd far too often.

In rather non-good news, I had lunch w/ a UL booster (flies on the team plane to events) in Jeffersonville yesterday who told me Wagner is expected to join the UL staff very soon.

• Sad
Reactions: kywildcat41086
yes, same crap we hear every summer & then that player never lives up to the hype

One thing that’s been apparent over the last handful of years is that Cal/the program hasn’t been able to generate positive news whenever they need it. To me it felt like the first half of the Cal era was full of recruiting wins/announcements right when we needed them from a momentum and PR standpoint. Those have been missing even if we’ve still landed some good prospects at times.

One thing that’s been apparent over the last handful of years is that Cal/the program hasn’t been able to generate positive news whenever they need it. To me it felt like the first half of the Cal era was full of recruiting wins/announcements right when we needed them from a momentum and PR standpoint. Those have been missing even if we’ve still landed some good prospects at times.
Yup, Swaggy Cal always had a stockpile of good news, i.e. telling 5 star players to wait until the time was right in order to generate maximum buzz. Right now the only buzz I get is from this sh*tty Iphone in my pocket. Again, we need some good news. And soon.

The only good news (sadly) at this junction would be Cal falling on his sword and retiring. I’m afraid he’s quite literally checked out.

Reactions: KFuqua
ADVERTISEMENT