ADVERTISEMENT

We don't need the James parade in Lexington.

I didn't think we were even in discussion for him.

he bought and paid for by Nike to Oregon right?

Right???

He and his dad are surely not coming here, right????

RIGHT!?!?!?!?

Apparently on3 gives Kentucky the 4th best odds.

Who knows, maybe Cal and LeBron have rekindled their relationship now that K is gone lol.

Idk, I don't really want him, and the circus that comes with it. That being said, the NCAA will make a lot of money if he's in the tournament. Kentucky could use a season (or 13) of the NCAA gifting us calls like they do for other schools.

Reactions: howercat and FltDoc
Its a great marketing move. I dont like LeBron either but you know who does? All these 5 star kids who'd do anything to hang out with him.
Bronny is a multi year player, which means senior crybaby would be attending many UK games, for years.

Reactions: howercat
I don't think we've ever been the favorite for Bronny and most have him going elsewhere. Why this board puts energy and hatred/contempt into these Bronny to UK maybe perhaps threads every couple months is beyond me. Is it just fun to be like 40-70 years old and rip on the kid and also his dad constantly? Where's the Bronny to UK smoke been? There really isn't none except here where older guys pretend Bronny is some terrible person. I mean, congrats guys. You really, really don't like an 18 year old.

Don't let Cal know you don't approve; he will do it in spite.

Similar to Tubby trying to convince us Saul s/b the PG.
That was ALL Pitino’s fault for not recruiting a backup PG to replace Epps and backup Turner.

• Haha
Reactions: plumdog69
Tubby missed on Chris Duhon and Jason Williams. Read the Williams rebuttal:

Duhon said Jason Williams convinced him to go to Duke.

Even if Pitino had recruited one, he may not have stayed on.
Tubby missed on Duhon because his mother was given a job by a Dook booster that she wasn’t anywhere near qualified for .

I truly believe Tubby didn't go all out for Duhon or Williams. He was comfortable with Saul and with GG at Georgia. Hard to convince me otherwise.

Reactions: howercat
I think the headlines and distractions could be too much. Bronny is developing nicely as a player though and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. If it weren’t for the media hype train, Bronny is definitely a kid you would want.

Reactions: Dead Cat Bounce
Bronny has a million dollar name

I would like to see him in a Kentucky uniform.

thought it was a done deal long ago.
18slbj-7e83d8a9afb0dde8.jpg

Tubby missed on Chris Duhon and Jason Williams. Read the Williams rebuttal:

Duhon said Jason Williams convinced him to go to Duke.

Even if Pitino had recruited one, he may not have stayed on.
Chris Duhon grew up a Duke fan and Duke offered. He was never. Coming to UK.

Now I loved Tubby but I felt at the time he mainly focused on Duhon knowing he wouldn’t come.

Reactions: plumdog69
Kentucky isn't 'it school' enough for Bronny. Could be a great kid, IDK. But I'd rather not have the circus. Might be fun if he was an AD type talent, but not worth it. Good luck to the kid.

I hope we're not recruiting Bronny James. The Lexington experience might cause Lebron to break down crying. Stay away, Bronny.
I feel like I read somewhere back in Aug or September that James and Wagner were coming here and Rondo was joining staff
Maybe I dreamed that

I can see 3 scenarios in the unlikely event he would choose UK

1. Cal plays Bronny in a more prominent role than his talent suggests (hard to even type that name, why can't he just have is own name) in a Wheeler/Wallace type situation and Lebron gets to hear/read his kid catch hell from fans and media , Lebron goes to twitter to put the program and its fans on blast

2. Cal doesn't play Bronny, Bronny gets pissed for setting back his pro career by a year attending UK and decides to transfer to Ohio St, the "school he really wanted to attend but the wrong people got in his ear" , Lebron goes to twitter to put the program and its fans on blast for broken promises and a need to get his son out of that toxic environment

3. Bronny accepts his role on a very talented team, has good production when he plays and UK finishes the year with 5 or less losses. Lebron doesn't say a peep about UK or its fans on twitter. Bronny transfers when Cal announces his retirement at the end of the season.

Given our past history, which of those 3 scenarios do you think its most likely to happen

ADVERTISEMENT