ADVERTISEMENT

We cannot play with 2 players who cannot make FT's

Bunch of people looking for something to bitch about with a 5-0 ,#1 ranked team ,full of freshmen is what I see.I'd find a way to be happy or quit watching if it made me that miserable,because I seriously doubt that John Calipari bases his strategy on what he reads on Rupp's Rafters or that all the crying in the world on a message forum will change anything.

I have only watched about 40 percent of the two UConn games. Can't stand anything about that program except Kevin Ollie. The first game I never even saw Brandon Knight's three at the end. Once they went up by four I switched channels. I don't think I have seen the last 10 seconds of any Kentucky tournament defeat except Laettner.

But having said that, free throws were the main reason we lost both games. UConn made almost all of theirs. We missed several. Both margins were the difference in the game. You have to convert those free points. For one, two points at the line count just as much on the board as a dunk or an amazing assist inside. For another, that lead you have earned looks awful tenuous when you have more than one guy on the floor who want no part of being fouled. Suddenly the other team has hope. Hope they shouldn't have because you make your free throws.

Based on the season so far, when we are shooting free throws at the end of games we need this lineup on the floor to maximize free throw shooting:

G Ulis- 90%
G Murray- 86%
F Willis- 100%
F Poythress- 63%
F Humphries- 83%

So Poythress, our Senior leader, would be the weakest free throw shooter. I could deal with that.

I would still want Labissiere in instead of Humphries for defensive purposes.

Defenses would have to make sure to deny both Ulis and Murray the ball. And they would not want to put Willis on the line so that would really make them work to get it into Poy or Skal's hands to foul.

I think we would be fine and I really do think that Briscoe will improve his shooting from the line. I mean, it is really early. 15 shots is not a very large sample size, especially with him being a freshman playing in his first few college games.

I have only watched about 40 percent of the two UConn games. Can't stand anything about that program except Kevin Ollie. The first game I never even saw Brandon Knight's three at the end. Once they went up by four I switched channels. I don't think I have seen the last 10 seconds of any Kentucky tournament defeat except Laettner.

But having said that, free throws were the main reason we lost both games. UConn made almost all of theirs. We missed several. Both margins were the difference in the game. You have to convert those free points. For one, two points at the line count just as much on the board as a dunk or an amazing assist inside. For another, that lead you have earned looks awful tenuous when you have more than one guy on the floor who want no part of being fouled. Suddenly the other team has hope. Hope they shouldn't have because you make your free throws.
Excellent. Now let's hope many of the others can do simple math. The previous poster is a real macho boy. I think he's going to be the one crying if we lose in the tourney by one point after going 12 for 22 at the line.

Excellent. Now let's hope many of the others can do simple math. The previous poster is a real macho boy. I think he's going to be the one crying if we lose in the tourney by one point after going 12 for 22 at the line.
By previous poster I meant Bluest Member.

ADVERTISEMENT