ADVERTISEMENT

We beating Missouri?

Stonewall12

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
i don’t see it.

Their offense is too explosive. They get the lead and we will not be able to recover. Their defense looked good vs Bama’s run game too.

I swear with some of our “fans” we couldn’t beat an fifth grade team.

Mizzu has done nothing to make you think we can’t win there. Could we lose, of course. But we are better football team who has played much better this season

And we have beaten then three times in a row and handily the last time we played in Columbia.

Have literally heard this the last 3 years. And we have literally won the last 3 years. They scored 10 points vs a defense that let Arky score 31 last week. Give me a break. Every game is loseable in the SEC, but I fully trust our defense vs Mizzou. I would argue Florida's offense is more explosive. Yet we handled them. I don't get where everyone thinks we will lose this game. Was it their only P5 win by 3 pts vs Purdue (who lost to Eastern Michigan) that convinced everyone? Or their convincing losses? I am confused. Drew Lock is done when he gets pressured, and Josh Allen will give him some trouble. We have a top 15 team and you "don't see a win" vs a team that is 1-3 vs P5 opponents. I mean c'mon. Lock has been 50% or under the last 3 games and Mizzou has had 2-3 TO's in each of the last 3 games. I like our defense vs Mizzou. Bama still had 187 rushing yards. and their RBs averaged around 5 ypc combined.

Last edited:
Mizz will be our 2nd toughest game left

They were playing Bama without their best playmaker.
And I doubt having their best playmaker would have made a difference.

That said - that will be a tough game no question.

Lolz!!! They put up a huge 10 points up on a team that Arkansas put up almost 30 on! You could argue we have a better Day then Bama this year! Lolz drop your nuts son we ain't losing to Mizz. Only way we Loose against them we cough the ball up with about 5x hell 4x we still win. They will not be able to stop Benny and if our A- D shows and we can get a C+ or B- offense to show up we win by 17. I am going to call final score UK 31 Mizz 16.

I swear with some of our “fans” we couldn’t beat an fifth grade team.

Mizzu has done nothing to make you think we can’t win there. Could we lose, of course. But we are better football team who has played much better this season

And we have beaten then three times in a row and handily the last time we played in Columbia.

It's a valid concern. We're currently 1-1 against teams with a top 25 rush defense.

i don’t see it.

Their offense is too explosive. They get the lead and we will not be able to recover. Their defense looked good vs Bama’s run game too.

Yeah, their 10 point game was wildly impressive.

I hear this same thing seemingly every week. By the time we make it to the Louisville game, people will try to talk them up like they are the LA Rams.

Many more signs point to them being just like the Mizzou teams from the past few years as opposed to real offensive juggernauts. They’re 1-16 against teams with winning records under Odom. Our defense hasn’t given up more than 16 points in regulation since the 2nd game of the season against the 11th ranked team in the nation at their place. I can think of infinitely more reasons to question how Mizzou could beat UK as opposed to the other way around.

Reactions: uofkFTW18
Let's get through Vandy first. They're kind of similar to Missouri in that they're very dependent on offense and QB. They've scored 35+ in all their games but 1 I think.

Dores put up some scores on a much improved Gator team. Seeing their game against UF and the fact they played ND tough leads me to believe that they may actually be a tougher squad than their record shows. If we can handle Their QB and offense I think we'll be able to handle Missouri.

Our ground it out style doesn't suit either of them honestly because they rely heavily on offensive rhythm and momentum.

Yeah, their 10 point game was wildly impressive.

I hear this same thing seemingly every week. By the time we make it to the Louisville game, people will try to talk them up like they are the LA Rams.

Many more signs point to them being just like the Mizzou teams from the past few years as opposed to real offensive juggernauts. They’re 1-16 against teams with winning records under Odom. Our defense hasn’t given up more than 16 points in regulation since the 2nd game of the season against the 11th ranked team in the nation at their place. I can think of infinitely more reasons to question how Mizzou could beat UK as opposed to the other way around.
10 points vs Bama

Would we score that much on Bama?

1. The biggest matchup problem is Mizzou D front 7 vs. our OL/Benny. Last three years we've really pounded them up front...this year they have to deal with our physicality up front. Those kind of teams never fare well vs. UK.
2. As far as their O vs. UK Defense...Good Oline and a very good QB and some solid WR. It will be a test. But UK can also make them one dimensional passing and that means alot of Josh Allen/Boogies Watson on the edge pass rush along with Darius West has been a beast at safety. I sort of feel good with that matchup more than I'm scared to be honest.

I’m not going to do this because I already did it in another thread.

Compare Missou’s offense stats/rankings with MSU, A&M, UF, USC. Now compare Missou’s defense stat/rankings against the same teams.

Once you’ve done that, look at who Missou has played vs the other teams.

By no means is it a sure loss.

It’s not a sure win either.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
i don’t see it.

Wow, one loss brings out all the insecured fans. :)

I’m not going to do this because I already did it in another thread.

Compare Missou’s offense stats/rankings with MSU, A&M, UF, USC. Now compare Missou’s defense stat/rankings against the same teams.

Once you’ve done that, look at who Missou has played vs the other teams.

By no means is it a sure loss.

It’s not a sure win either.

Here's your post from the other thread... since it certainly applies in this one. Anyone can click the link at the bottom of this post if they want to read the other thread.

I didn’t say they weren’t better. I said they weren’t all that much scarier.

A&M 11th ranked offense nationally. 492 yds/game. 33.3 pts/game. Played 3 ranked opponents including Bama, Clem, UK (all three teams in top 12 in pts allowed)

Missouri. 29th rank. 530 yds/game. 39 pts/game. Only played UGA where 15 of their 29 pts came in garbage time. (UGA is ranked 2nd, but all other Missou opponents are ranked over 60th)

MSU. Ranked 34th. 431 yds/game. 31 pts/game. Played UK, Auburn, UF. (All three teams are top 8 in pts allowed)

They easily have the best QB and they are balanced but compared to the others above they’re not largely different when looking at their stats.

It’s also worth noting that Missouri has allowed more total yds and more points than MSU and A&M despite playing one less game so far......and they’ve played lesser opponents.

We are playing at their place and they are scary.....and yes we can lose.......but we do match up fairly well.

Tuesday at 9:22 PM

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT