ADVERTISEMENT

We are one Dakari Johnson shy

DerekMcPwn

Senior
Sep 13, 2016
Louisville, KY
...of two more national championships. The Murray/Ulis and Fox/Monk teams are two of the most special groups and impressive coaching results I've seen since Cal came to UK. Both just had giant holes in the post.

I know this hypothetical can be run with any player, I just mention Dakari because he spent the last two years in the D-League anyway, and is spot-on what we were missing.

Dakari woulda been huge on that Ulis/Murray team. HUGE. Maybe not a title season, but SO much better than a 5 seed and 2nd round exit.

Our record would be the exact same with or without Marcus Lee in his last two seasons.

Reactions: EliteBlue
...of two more national championships. The Murray/Ulis and Fox/Monk teams are two of the most special groups and impressive coaching results I've seen since Cal came to UK. Both just had giant holes in the post.

I know this hypothetical can be run with any player, I just mention Dakari because he spent the last two years in the D-League anyway, and is spot-on what we were missing.
Ref wasn't going to let us beat UNC even if we had AD.

But Duke gets a pass to a title with guys like Brian Zooobeck getting 30 minutes at center.......

:joy:
Duke had a clear path to the title this year. They didn't have one single blue blood on the entire side of their bracket. Meanwhile, UK had UNC and UCLA just in their region, with a potential matchup with KU in the Final Four. They get past South Carolina and they had a cakewalk. Furthermore, nobody expected South Carolina to beat Duke. If you look at last year's bracket it's truly amazing at the **** job. It's very obvious as well.

I don't know if this will be a popular opinion, but I think Skal would have made a huge difference in this past year's team. I feel like we would have been the clear cut #1 team in the country and much more confident about winning it all. Skal showed what he could do in the NBA this year, and would have been a perfect compliment to Bam.

Reactions: chroix
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT