ADVERTISEMENT

We are 17 real time RPI.

bigblue_07

Senior
Nov 21, 2008
We moved up 3 spots today. Also Arkansas is 25 now. How big of a win that would be Tuesday night.

Arkansas now at #25 RPI and being on the Road if we can pull a huge win Tuesday and come home for 2 games that will be huge for UK. We could very easily move up in our last 4 games with Missouri at #28 RPI and UF now in 50's RPI but being on the Road would count as Quadrant 1 win this year. WE could move back up to 3 or 4 seed if we can get these 4 games and have a nice SEC Tourney.

I just hope Coach Cal saw what worked the best today and the 5 playing together the best with the most energy, hustle, scoring, shooting, rebounding, etc. I hope he stays with Green at PG, SGA at the SG, Knox, PJ, and Vanderbilt or Gabriel underneath. Then have Gabriel or Vanderbilt whoever doesn't start come off the bench with Richards, SKJ, and Diallo. That was the best we have seen today since the UL, VT, and WVU games. Vanderbilt seems to be getting his shot to fall and had 9 rebounds, PJ was scoring better, rebounding, and defending better today. Then Knox is Knox and will get his 15-20 points a game with 2-3 threes, Green shooting coming around and can get 3-4 three point shots. I would wish SGA would shoot more outside and 3 point shooting as well as his driving to bucket. Last year in all All-Star games he was making 3-4 threes in each game. SGA can shoot just as well as his driving to the basket. I thought Green was great on passing, assists, steals, and defense today to go along with his shooting and hitting the 3. I just hope Cal keeps this team playing together with the most minutes. I have noticed with Diallo in the last 3 games he has played only 15 minutes in each game. If we didn't him in there under the 7 minute TV timeout with at Auburn we could have won but he had those 2 costly turnovers.

Maybe #17 on Real Time with Bill Mauer.

Just keep winning and get a decent seed. Try and not go home first round. Cal is going to try and get Diallo 20+ minutes a game. Unless he has a big turn around within a few weeks it's going to hurt us. Frankly, I don't know anymore if it's because he believes he's the savior of them as he says or because he legitimately believes we need him. Don't know if it's because he's still in a 24/7 recruiting mode and he doesn't want Zion Williamson or Barrett to see him bench a top 15 player. Just think of what they'd think of that!

Whatever it is, Cal is gonna Cal. Green will be taken off the ball instead of left alone, Diallo will play with a 0/0/0 state line, and SKJ continues to be the greatest non contributor outside of Matt Pilgrim.

I'm at the point where I sit back and laugh, thinking hopefully this is why he's paid 10's of millions of dollars and I'm not. It's either that or I severely underachieved in life.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

Just keep winning and get a decent seed. Try and not go home first round. Cal is going to try and get Diallo 20+ minutes a game. Unless he has a big turn around within a few weeks it's going to hurt us. Frankly, I don't know anymore if it's because he believes he's the savior of them as he says or because he legitimately believes we need him. Don't know if it's because he's still in a 24/7 recruiting mode and he doesn't want Zion Williamson or Barrett to see him bench a top 15 player. Just think of what they'd think of that!

Whatever it is, Cal is gonna Cal. Green will be taken off the ball instead of left alone, Diallo will play with a 0/0/0 state line, and SKJ continues to be the greatest non contributor outside of Matt Pilgrim.

I'm at the point where I sit back and laugh, thinking hopefully this is why he's paid 10's of millions of dollars and I'm not. It's either that or I severely underachieved in life.

Believe me I scream every time Diallo comes in or shoots. I'm also pretty sure Cal doesn't ever turn off recruiting mode. I do however believe Cal when he talks in length about how much he cares about his kids. So I think he just doesn't want to give up on him or a kid. Hopefully Diallo gets it, I think that's the best we can hope for.

Reactions: morgousky

You've really taken a pessimistic view lately. I had too, but today was good. And Diallo only played 15 mins today and wasn't that bad really.

You've really taken a pessimistic view lately. I had too, but today was good. And Diallo only played 15 mins today and wasn't that bad really.

Pessimistic?

Beating Alabama at home (tough game) probably makes us tournament bound and the NIT an afterthought. Thats all i care about this season. When John Calipari barely wins/and loses at home, there's nothing to get excited about. Cals comments about Diallo are what they are. If he doesn't have a huge turnaround, and plays 15-20 MPG in the tournament, it will take us out. So I just don't care anymore.

I'm personally sick of the "I'm the savior of born ready athletes" talk. He's a coach, he's not their godfather, agent, or parent. It's not helping him recruit it's only hurting his team.

This team was put together like crap and the evaluation was crap. His management has been crap.

I can ignore some of this when Cal wins, but when he's not and he doubles down on stupid it's too frustrating to deal with.

I think he's slowly turning the corner and restricting Diallo's minutes. I get that he has his "promise" to some of these recruits, and sure, fulfill it. Diallo should still get minutes, even if he's struggling. Why? Because that's how we'll get the next batch of recruits.

But, he is reaaaally struggling and on multiple levels. We still need to make the tournament. So keep Diallo with minutes, but he can't start anymore. And if he's have a bad game, especially a bad game mentally, he needs to sit.

Everyone seems to know this. Most of us are in agreement that others need some of his playing time. I think Cal knows it as well and it's almost something he can't avoid at this point. If we lose Tuesday, and Diallo starts and plays 25+ minutes.. fans are not going to be happy.

I think he's slowly turning the corner and restricting Diallo's minutes. I get that he has his "promise" to some of these recruits, and sure, fulfill it. Diallo should still get minutes, even if he's struggling. Why? Because that's how we'll get the next batch of recruits.

But, he is reaaaally struggling and on multiple levels. We still need to make the tournament. So keep Diallo with minutes, but he can't start anymore. And if he's have a bad game, especially a bad game mentally, he needs to sit.

Everyone seems to know this. Most of us are in agreement that others need some of his playing time. I think Cal knows it as well and it's almost something he can't avoid at this point. If we lose Tuesday, and Diallo starts and plays 25+ minutes.. fans are not going to be happy.

This is what I'm hoping for. That Cal is just managing a bad situation for recruiting.

It is still hard to deal with as a fan.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

Exactly, there are other ways that Cal can show support for Diallo. Sacrificing wins isn't the only way.

It's definitely a touchy subject. Because you have another side of this: Playing Diallo and going through the pains now, in theory, could make him a great player in the future. What if Diallo drops 24 and 8 and gets us to a Final4? It will be, in part, because we stuck with him through the growing pains and struggles. You won't have THAT version of Diallo if we fully bench him..

It's tough for sure though.. Take enough losses and a tournament run just isn't a legit possibility. It's a balancing act.

It's definitely a touchy subject. Because you have another side of this: Playing Diallo and going through the pains now, in theory, could make him a great player in the future. What if Diallo drops 24 and 8 and gets us to a Final4? It will be, in part, because we stuck with him through the growing pains and struggles. You won't have THAT version of Diallo if we fully bench him..

It's tough for sure though.. Take enough losses and a tournament run just isn't a legit possibility. It's a balancing act.

If Diallo even tries to involve himself that much we go home before the tournament starts.

He's probably not going to have that kind of turnaround. He really should be on the bench and out of the rotation. But that's if the team came first.

If Diallo even tries to involve himself that much we go home before the tournament starts.

He's probably not going to have that kind of turnaround. He really should be on the bench and out of the rotation. But that's if the team came first.

You used to be so high on the cats why the negative stuff.

You used to be so high on the cats why the negative stuff.

I'm high on Kentucky smoke it daily.

Not this team and not Cals management of it. Winning a close game at home against Bama after dropping 4 straight? The question is how are some of you so high on it?

I generally agree.. although you never know when a turnaround can happen. It seems Diallo, at least a little bit, started to realize he is part of the problem. That's a good first start. We also have to keep in mind the recruiting pitch. Benching Diallo or totally wiping out his minutes wouldn't be a great look.

I'd like to see 15mpg for now. Let the team start winning and feeling good, insert him into the rotation as we go. It could very well be a confidence thing too.

Reactions: morgousky
I’d much rather be ecstatic over a close win over a tournament team in Bama than be depressed like I was during the 4 game skid. It’s a happy Sunday. Beat the Hogs.

ADVERTISEMENT