ADVERTISEMENT

We’ve not won an NCAAT game since 2019!!

And it’s not likely to happen this year either. Just let that sink in folks!
I think some are just happy that we have a basketball team. They enjoy watching the players run up and down the court. At the end of the game, they virtually pass out refreshments while telling the players they did a great job and that we will get them next time.

🤯 I never thought we would see our great program in the current state that it’s in.
I didn't think that either until I realized that Cal was all about trying to prepare 5-star players for the NBA instead of winning games. Once I realized that Cal was unwilling to play the best performing players if it meant a 5-star riding the pine, I realized then that Cal doesn't have UK's best interest in mind. He only cares about the number of first round draft picks coming out of the program.

Last NCAA Tourney Win March 29th 2019

HjMxQjD.png

I didn't think that either until I realized that Cal was all about trying to prepare 5-star players for the NBA instead of winning games. Once I realized that Cal was unwilling to play the best performing players if it meant a 5-star riding the pine, I realized then that Cal doesn't have UK's best interest in mind. He only cares about the number of first round draft picks coming out of the program.

I realized what he was doing early on but as long as we were winning, I didn’t care. Whatever happened, happened after 2017 but they were signs he didn’t have a clue way before that. Most of us ignored it because we were still winning at a pretty good clip.

Going on 4 years and I know one year was a “ Covid “ stoppage before all the yes men jump all over that. Man Cal is really pathetic. No other coach in the history of UK would’ve lasted with these results. Thanks to our “great” AD we get stuck with a mediocre coach for the long haul.

We might’ve had a shot. uk, along with dayton were playing as well as anyone in the country at the time. i really thought dayton had a solid chance to win it all.
There is no reason to believe that Cal wouldn't have figured out a way to screw it up. Cal loves making it all about him. He is as much an attention hound as the sports world has ever known. Most coaches run from the cameras and mikes, but not Cal. He has to let the world know that he is the smartest coach ever even though he isn't.

Reactions: BBNWildcat
We might’ve had a shot. uk, along with dayton were playing as well as anyone in the country at the time. i really thought dayton had a solid chance to win it all.
Wrong. People like to block out the fact that Hagans was a disaster at the end of that season and got suspended. We lost to UT and pulled off a miracle comeback against UF to keep from losing our last two games of the year. We HAD been playing as well as anyone in the country, before Hagans imploded.

I think some are just happy that we have a basketball team. They enjoy watching the players run up and down the court. At the end of the game, they virtually pass out refreshments while telling the players they did a great job and that we will get them next time.
Yeah, the bar has really been lowered...just don't understand why some fans keep defending such pathetic performance.

Reactions: jmalone7us
Wrong. People like to block out the fact that Hagans was a disaster at the end of that season and got suspended. We lost to UT and pulled off a miracle comeback against UF to keep from losing our last two games of the year. We HAD been playing as well as anyone in the country, before Hagans imploded.
Exactly. And I doubt he would have been back from his mini suspension given that he was flashing bands of cash on his IG/Snapchat during all of it too.

We may have been lucky that season got cancelled and the story became Covid for the next 2 years and figuring out how to play with it. If it was business as usual with no distractions, I’m sure the NCAA would have dug into that if Hagans had an agent or someone giving him cash we would have got hit w vacated games no doubt..:we don’t get to slide like UNC/Duke/Kansas…not w Emmert at the helm then

Maxey played pg pretty well at UF. Much more effective than hagans. But cal would have brought hagans and his drama back. Cal hasn’t done too well lately of bringing mentally tough pgs in. Hagans, askew, wheeler.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Maxey played pg pretty well at UF. Much more effective than hagans. But cal would have brought hagans and his drama back. Cal hasn’t done too well lately of bringing mentally tough pgs in. Hagans, askew, wheeler.
Right. I actually liked our chances more if we left Hagans at home and kept him suspended. Not sure what we would have done, though. The people that act like we were a well oiled machine going into that tournament have selective amnesia.

It sucks because i really loved last years team and they folded the last few months. I didn't expect a title or anything but damn i thought they could make a run like anyone else

Reactions: TFCats11
It sucks because i really loved last years team and they folded the last few months. I didn't expect a title or anything but damn i thought they could make a run like anyone else
Cal ran that team in the ground.

You can't play these guys, especially guards, 37 minutes a game, run them through screens from one side of the court to the other, demand they play excellent man to man defense and not expect them to wear down and get dinged up over the season.

Cal is doing the same thing with this team. Keeps tightening the rotation.

Grady, Washington, and Wheeler had nothing left in the tank by the end of SEC regular season.

Your heart just isn’t into trolling like it used to be.
Never has been. I don’t come here for any reason other than being a UK fan to talk to other UK fans and read what other UK fans think.

I respect all opinions. Even the ones I disagree with. I don’t make personal attacks even in response to attacks.

But this not winning a tournament game since 2019 is cherry picking to an agenda.

There’s only been 2 tournaments since 2019.

I guess it just doesn’t sound as ominous to say we haven’t won a game in the last 2 tournaments?

Reactions: Sejonesy
ADVERTISEMENT