ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Jaws

The scene where Quilnt blows the engine on his boat by defying Hooper's pleas to back off a little....remind you of anyone?
How about the fact they go out to chase Jaws in the damn Orca and not the boat Matt Hooper brought? That's a bigger Cal like move. Take the raggedy old piece of crap that the shark will tear apart instead of the modern ship that would withstand and had all the technology to deal with the situation.

A first on Rupps Rafters..... Jaws to UK basketball analogy. 🤣
How bout the mayor (Barnhardt) telling everyone that everything is fine at the beach (with the program) even though there is blood in the water and everone can see it is a mess.

paws.gif

A first on Rupps Rafters..... Jaws to UK basketball analogy. 🤣
How bout the mayor (Barnhardt) telling everyone that everything is fine at the beach (with the program) even though there is blood in the water and everone can see it is a mess.
Meh, not me and I have outlined a path to post season success for you doubters.

Proposed starting line-up vs Ole Miss

PG - Richard Dreyfuss
2G - Roy Scheider
SF - Murray Hamilton
PF - Robert Shaw
C - The Great White Shark

UK would give up some size on the perimeter. Especially out front, since Dreyfuss is only 5-5. But I feel that the shark could dominate inside at 25 feet. Opposing ball handlers wouldn’t dare drive to the hoop. And UK offense could lob dunk on every possession.

You’ll be lying in the fetal position gnashing your teeth at the end of the season.
Nah, he’ll still be trolling. Probably talking about the “greatest” incoming recruiting class. We all need to just stop responding to him. Me included, he got me after the KU loss.

Reactions: Atrain7732
Nah, he’ll still be trolling. Probably talking about the “greatest” incoming recruiting class. We all need to just stop responding to him. Me included, he got me after the KU loss.
I’ve never used the ignore button. But he makes me consider it .

Proposed starting line-up vs Ole Miss

PG - Richard Dreyfuss
2G - Roy Scheider
SF - Murray Hamilton
PF - Robert Shaw
C - The Great White Shark

UK would give up some size on the perimeter. Especially out front, since Dreyfuss is only 5-5. But I feel that the shark could dominate inside at 25 feet. Opposing ball handlers wouldn’t dare drive to the hoop. And UK offense could lob dunk on every possession.
And how are you going to solve the shark on land problem? It’ll die before the first tv TO. And good luck getting it to not be ejected for eating people.

I swear. Some of you just type without thinking.

And how are you going to solve the shark on land problem? It’ll die before the first tv TO. And good luck getting it to not be ejected for eating people.

I swear. Some of you just type without thinking.
Oddly enough:

t Ole Miss, Landshark is a term that was first adopted by the Rebel football team’s defensive unit. As part of that identity, defensive players celebrate big plays by putting a hand to their forehead in the shape of a shark fin. A battle cry of “Fins Up” also contributes to the players’ persona.

Landshark - Ole Miss Athletics

olemisssports.com/sports/2018/7/20/trads-landshark-html.aspx

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Mr. Hooper, that's from the U.S.S. Indianapolis.

You were in Indianapolis?

We were 38 and 0. Two wins away from delivering the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. But John Higgins slammed two torpedoes into our hull. Because of the arrogance of the twins and their coach, no distress signal had been sent. We floated for three minutes waiting to be pulled out of the water. Friend of mine, Devin Booker, bosun's mate, popped up out of the water like a top. He'd been bitten in half below the waist. I was the most scared as those last seconds ticked off. I know I'll never put on a blue life jacket again.

Last edited:
Funny takes here from one of my favorite movies of all time.
We can't stay down with 3 barrels! Not with 3 barrels we can't!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT