ADVERTISEMENT

Watched Wiseman in Marshall yesterday..good news!

HoptownCat93

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015
Sat near his mother and pulled the whole "crazy stalker UK" fan when I spoke to her. I talked to her about him coming to UK and we wanted him badly...she was so happy to hear all the UK fans praising her son and told me when I asked if she's coming she said "Oh yeah" with a BIG smile. Unverified Rupp Rafters source...and she could have been being nice, but she seemed to love Coach Cal and our fan base. I did not ask about reclassifying though.

Some other notes:

-He plays on the #1 team in the country coached by Penny Hardaway. They have 3-4 other high level D1 recruits on that team and they share the ball.
-I think being on a team like that has him used to playing on a team with multiple star players...with an NBA star as coach giving him the right mindset...he sure seems like one of those kids that "UK is for"
-Wiseman is an amazing player. He is defensively ready to play at UK right now.
-A little raw offensively, but he is smooth and crazy athletic.
-Played against #3 player in 2019 Charles Bassey...James looked like the better player on both ends of the floor by a mile.
-Considering he is just a junior, its crazy to think how good he can be when he gets bigger and stronger.

My only concern with he and DJ Jeffries is Tubby getting fired (probably gonna happen) and Memphis hiring Hardaway (pretty good chance). He could get both those guys to play for him at Memphis and basically throw a huge wrench into UK's 2019 recruiting since both those guys are considered near UK locks at this point. Both played for Team Penny in AAU.

yup you know its coming too. tubby will gracefully(if not forced) retire.Im sure the the admins at MU know that the city has some ballers ready to stay home and rebuild.

Reactions: Montana81
My only concern with he and DJ Jeffries is Tubby getting fired (probably gonna happen) and Memphis hiring Hardaway (pretty good chance). He could get both those guys to play for him at Memphis and basically throw a huge wrench into UK's 2019 recruiting since both those guys are considered near UK locks at this point. Both played for Team Penny in AAU.
yup you know its coming too. tubby will gracefully(if not forced) retire.Im sure the the admins at MU know that the city has some ballers ready to stay home and rebuild.
sucks a big one

Sat near his mother and pulled the whole "crazy stalker UK" fan when I spoke to her. I talked to her about him coming to UK and we wanted him badly...she was so happy to hear all the UK fans praising her son and told me when I asked if she's coming she said "Oh yeah" with a BIG smile. Unverified Rupp Rafters source...and she could have been being nice, but she seemed to love Coach Cal and our fan base. I did not ask about reclassifying though.

Some other notes:

-He plays on the #1 team in the country coached by Penny Hardaway. They have 3-4 other high level D1 recruits on that team and they share the ball.
-I think being on a team like that has him used to playing on a team with multiple star players...with an NBA star as coach giving him the right mindset...he sure seems like one of those kids that "UK is for"
-Wiseman is an amazing player. He is defensively ready to play at UK right now.
-A little raw offensively, but he is smooth and crazy athletic.
-Played against #3 player in 2019 Charles Bassey...James looked like the better player on both ends of the floor by a mile.
-Considering he is just a junior, its crazy to think how good he can be when he gets bigger and stronger.
Thanks I guess, but a little creepy dude. just sayin'. Not trying to mean at all.

That's a possibility, and let's face it, kids in the deep South states (Louisiana, Bama and Miss) often like UK then all of a sudden wind up staying local for 'some reason.' Fingers crossed this young man winds up at UK. With Wiseman.

Last edited:
Whats creepy about talking to another adult at a bb game if you're seated by them
Yeah, I was seated by her. Most parents love people praising their children for being great.

They played Aspire out of Louisville and it was like a college level game. Probably the best team I have ever seen, and they are a public school not private/prep.

Yeah, I was seated by her. Most parents love people praising their children for being great.

They played Aspire out of Louisville and it was like a college level game. Probably the best team I have ever seen, and they are a public school not private/prep.
Nevermind me dude, thanks for the info. Wiseman reminds me of AD.

Dude got bad news for you. Nothing creepy about the op talking to someone he is seated by at a game. You're the one that sounds creepy. What are you like 9 years old.
Can you literally read the post above yours?

The NBA one and done rule changing could also throw a massive monkey wrench into recruiting. Both he and Jefferies might try straight out of high school
This could happen but very few HS players can make the jump to the NBA. Hope this does not happen. I am for the 2 years removed from HS myself. JMO

Reactions: railroadkat_1
This could happen but very few HS players can make the jump to the NBA. Hope this does not happen. I am for the 2 years removed from HS myself. JMO

No way a mandatory 2 year rule will happen, guys like Bagley are ready for the league and they should have the opportunity as possible.

Penny would make a hell of a coach at any level. Im not sure he would like college all that great, i believe he gets enjoyment out of helping the youth around the streets of Memphis learn about basketball and stay out of trouble, gangs, drugs, things like that. There is also alot of politics in Memphis basketball that im not sure any coach wants to deal with..

If he doesn't reclass I highly doubt we will ever see him in Blue! One and done is all but about done. Hopefully we see Zion!!

I think your concern is reasonable. But at the end of the day, Wiseman and Jeffries will have 1 chance to make a decision that will change their lives. UK is already their favorite school. Hardaway has already been in their ears. And if Hardaway expects to get the Memphis job, I'm sure he is already saying that privately to both kids. Both of them can compare the advantages of playing at Memphis to the advantages of playing for Calipari at UK. Calipari holds the cards here. If they pick Memphis, they would be fools.

Reactions: Col. Angus
It happens....I was next to Patrick Patterson's dad in Vegas for our second game...We talked about Billy G playing M. Porter over Deandre Liggins..He was clearly frustrated. Thankfully Liggins played more in the 2nd half and helped us get the win..PP's dad was great!

I think your concern is reasonable. But at the end of the day, Wiseman and Jeffries will have 1 chance to make a decision that will change their lives. UK is already their favorite school. Hardaway has already been in their ears. And if Hardaway expects to get the Memphis job, I'm sure he is already saying that privately to both kids. Both of them can compare the advantages of playing at Memphis to the advantages of playing for Calipari at UK. Calipari holds the cards here. If they pick Memphis, they would be fools.
Kinda surprised you posted this but , they may be fools but if Penny gets a college job , head coach or assistant , those kids will follow him . If he got the Memphis job he would probably bring the Lawson dude back on staff and he's also close to both kids . The NBA will probably make all of this a moot point .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT