ADVERTISEMENT

Watched the UT-UF replay

TTU/UK fan

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2011
John Kelly was making the Florida defense look silly. Kelly had 19 carries for 141 yards which equates to just over 7 yards a carry. If Kelly had 8 more carries Tennessee wins that game. Florida's front 7 looks pretty mediocre. Indiana State held Kelly to 4 yards a carry on 18 carries.

If we can avoid turnovers and get King and Snell going, I think we have a VERY good chance.

Also, Florida's offense is really ugly. Tennessee has a depleted defense but pretty well held Florids's offense in check until late in the 4th quarter.

I'll take UK 24-13

I'm nervous as hell about this game but I think we win. I don't know if Snell will make them look silly because they do have a lot of speed, but their LBs seem to be very weak. Offensive efficiency and turnover battle wins the game, if we are able to move the ball we will win. I'm also going to say Josh Allen will be the MVP, Florida's RT was getting ate alive by the edge rusher from Tennessee.

Kelly is going to be hard to contain the whole game for sure. Hopefully we can limit their 3rd down conversion like at USC.

Kelly is a stud for UT...that being said, UF's defense has taken some steps back as Muschamp's defensive units are not there anymore but the UF offensive hasn't really taken a huge step forward yet.

All that to say...I think UK can have some success holding the ball and running on UF along with some play action and hope to wear down UF's defense by 4th qtr.

UT seemed to have a lot of success with the screen pass.

UT seemed to have a lot of success with the screen pass.

The thing is we never use the screen pass. Which makes no sense with players like Bowden, King, Rose etc.. They would be great getting some screens IMO.

The thing is we never use the screen pass. Which makes no sense with players like Bowden, King, Rose etc.. They would be great getting some screens IMO.

We use the WR screen on occasion, but we usually go to someone like Bone or even to Conrad instead of going to Johnson or Bowden. Never really understood why we do that. We should definitely use screens more if Florida is going to be attacking aggressively.

Tennessee is dumb. John Kelly is possibly the best back in the SEC, and if I am them I line up in the I or at least under center and I making opposing defenses stop him. Instead they run out of the pistol or the shotgun and they run the read option with a quarterback who everyone ignores in the run game because he isn't that mobile. If Tennessee would just run with Kelly their offense would, IMO, be much better. The guy was picking up 5 or 6 yards a carry even in the first half of the Tennessee game and yet UT was trying to throw the ball. Didn't make any sense, especially against a Florida team that is very dangerous in the secondary.

As for Florida... make them make hard throws. Cut off the easy stuff and make them beat us deeper. Their running game has struggled and we need to make sure that continues. They moved the ball against UT in large part only because of short and safe throws. Take that away and make their young quarterback beat us deep and we have a shot. Will also give our defensive line and linebackers time to get in there and hit and rattle the young signal caller.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT