ADVERTISEMENT

Watched 98 against Duke again....

I was there also. Yeah, UK fans clearly outnumbered the other three teams. We first blew away UCLA, but then it didn't look good for the Cats against Duke, down 17 at one point. Then Sheppard, Mills, Padgett et al took over on great outside shooting. I clearly had too many Shastas in the celebration. Sheppard went on to win two National Championships....not many Cats can say that.
How could you not include Turner in the open court !

My version is off my old Satellite Dish and stays on the game during commercials. Billy Packer sure did a lot of whining about Referee Shaw staring down Coach K. I loved every minute of his complaining. I felt sorry for Wojo.......................................NOT! Lol!

I was there also. Yeah, UK fans clearly outnumbered the other three teams. We first blew away UCLA, but then it didn't look good for the Cats against Duke, down 17 at one point. Then Sheppard, Mills, Padgett et al took over on great outside shooting. I clearly had too many Shastas in the celebration. Sheppard went on to win two National Championships....not many Cats can say that.

Speaking of Padgett, remember when he made this shot? And who is that in the background down on his knees? *cough*guy who stupidly burned up all his timeouts too early!*cough*

19980322Duke.jpg

Security at the Alamodome sucked and took forever to get in, by the time I got settled into my seat, the Cats were already down 8-0.

And I could've sworn there were more UK fans than Duke fans there. Not that I'm surprised since we are the bigger fanbase.
thats not really true. Duke has TONS of D%%K riding fans in illinois especially Chicago as well as ALL across this country. This isnt 1989 when Duke was looked at by many inner city kids as the privileged White school, and uncle tom program. Somewhere since that time for reasons ill never understand or even want to, inner city Black kids are Duke fans. I do not know how or why it changed but the perception Duke had when the fab 5 played them is loooooooooooong gone.

Reactions: Snackbar1130
From memory with no google. I know some of this will be wrong, but I initially watched this replay 4 or 5 times that season.

Down 17 with about 9 minutes left.

Evans hits a three from left elbow
Edwards hits a three from top of the key
Turner with the and one over Wojo (UK down 9 now)
Evans put-back
Turner with the roll-in shot from 8 feet
Turner with jumper
Padgett hits three
Turner hits 2 free throws
Sheppard hits shot and get some free throws
Mills hits go-ahead three
Turner 1-2 from line
Edwards 1-2 for line

Only Duke shots I remember during the stretch were a Langdon bank shot, Roshown McCleod three, some free throws from Carawell, a put back from Brand (maybe).

I also remember William Avery destroying at least three possessions for Duke with wild, off-balance shots.

LOL, sam
Sounds like you had some nice viewing pleasure recently.

I had that game recorded on VHS. I wore it out during my teenage years.
e here. I still have it on VHS, but after watching it numerous times it's quality isn't very good. Love that 2nd half comeback.

BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: JStaff2187
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT