6. MISSOURI-W
7. MISS State-L (CLOSE) CLUNKER
8. UT-W (Bigger than everybody thinks)
9. OLE MISS-W
10. VU-L Another Clunker
11. GA.-L (Plays them very well)
12. UL-W (2 half rally for the W)
8 wins 4 L's Very nice Bowl Game!!!!

The season playing out that way is realistically optimistic. Yes UK can go 8-4 this year but they will need some luck such as ole miss's QB being out for our game or a couple turnovers deep in the opponents territory against the likes of Tennessee or Florida.

Most realistic is seven wins, I being 28 would love a win over Florida more than any other team including Louisville and the bowl opponent.

I love Oscar but I think he is wrong.
1. USM-W (Very very close)
2. EKU-W
3. USC-L (VERY CLOSE)
4. UF-W
5. EMU-W
6. MISSOURI-W
7. MISS State-L (CLOSE) CLUNKER
8. UT-W (Bigger than everybody thinks)
9. OLE MISS-W
10. VU-L Another Clunker
11. GA.-L (Plays them very well)
12. UL-W (2 half rally for the W)
8 wins 4 L's Very nice Bowl Game!!!!

I don't think the record is out of line, I just find it interesting you are predicting a win against UF and a loss against Vandy. OM is looking to be a bad train wreck now with all that has happened over there this week, so a tough game turned into a much easier one.

I have all our losses on the road. The way the schedule plays out I think its likely this UK team coming off 2 wins, A very big win against UT sets up for a clunker at their place(Vandy). Thats my thoughts on Vandy. I really, really think we are going 2 for 3 against the SEC E big three. Ole Miss while trying to play inspired will likely be a hot mess by the time we play. I believe we play another very tight one against UL but win again. That means we beat UF, UT
and UL at home. A historic season is on the brink!

After studying the rosters and last years game I see no reason outside of injuries that we do not beat UT. Over 600 yards of offense last year. 600 yards! UT defense will no doubt be a little better as they get back 2 stars from injury but they lost a very big star DE and others. USC is going to be a great game but they will be much improved on the offensive side and its at their place. We will not lose to UF this year. Its setting up like USC from a couple of years ago.

Reactions: BearBryantsWatch
To me the South Carolina game is huge. I think the cats actually have a better roster than they do, but it is at their place. Win that game and they are top 25 with Gators rolling in.

8-4

I have all our losses on the road. The way the schedule plays out I think its likely this UK team coming off 2 wins, A very big win against UT sets up for a clunker at their place(Vandy). Thats my thoughts on Vandy. I really, really think we are going 2 for 3 against the SEC E big three. Ole Miss while trying to play inspired will likely be a hot mess by the time we play. I believe we play another very tight one against UL but win again. That means we beat UF, UT

Well I can tell you a for a fact that playing a clunker against Vandy will get you beat, know first hand. I have posted here before that I think UT struggles bigtime this year. Just can't lose 90% of your offense, best DL, best LB and best DB and not have some trouble replacing all of that, I think they fight Vandy and Missouri for 5th place in the division and the Vandy game could decide if they make it to a bowl. No one returns less.

The season playing out that way is realistically optimistic. Yes UK can go 8-4 this year but they will need some luck such as ole miss's QB being out for our game or a couple turnovers deep in the opponents territory against the likes of Tennessee or Florida.

Most realistic is seven wins, I being 28 would love a win over Florida more than any other team including Louisville and the bowl opponent.

Isn't Ole Miss picked last in the West? Not to mention the Sh!tstorm their entire season could end up being with looming sanctions.

Oscar Combs‏@wildcatnews 22m22 minutes ago
So you wanna know?
USM - W
EKU - W
S. Carolina - L
Florida - L
E. Mich - W
Missouri - W
Miss. St. -W
UT - W
U Miss - W
VU - W
Ga - L
UL - L
Like his clowns and buddies at ksr(excluding Nick, Jack and Freddie) he should stick to bb...hey O how's the stadium renovation looking? And it didn't even have to be torn down!!!

There are eight reasons why UK will lose to UT -- and they all wear striped shirts and carry whistles. SEC refs believe to a man that UK can only make a good, positive yardage football play if they break the rules. Meanwhile they ignore UT's facemasking, horsecollars, pass interference, holding, and multiple cheap shots.

So you wanna know?
USM - W
EKU - W
S. Carolina - L
Florida - L
E. Mich - W
Missouri - W
Miss. St. -W
UT - W
U Miss - W
VU - W
Ga - L
UL - L
This year, I want to avoid making these sweeping predictions. I feel like 7-8 wins are likely, and 9 are not out of the question. But this is an unusually difficult year to list the schedule in July and predict the outcome of each game. For the 1st time in a long time, every game on our 2017 schedule is realistically winnable. But 10 of these games are also potentially losable. Looking at it as objectively as possible, I think we will find ourselves in a lot of close games that won't get decided until late in the 4th quarter. If that is right, then 5 or 6 of these games could simply come down to execution in a handful of decisive plays. I don't know how to predict those outcomes.

Don't underestimate the value of Ole Miss' troubles. Them coming in as a total train wreck is very good for us.

Don't underestimate the value of Ole Miss' troubles. Them coming in as a total train wreck is very good for us.
Not necessarily. It will be a couple of months before we play Ole Miss. That's plenty of time for their staff to focus and rally them. They still have talent. Our biggest advantage is playing them here in Lexington. But it isn't an automatic W.

Not necessarily. It will be a couple of months before we play Ole Miss. That's plenty of time for their staff to focus and rally them. They still have talent. Our biggest advantage is playing them here in Lexington. But it isn't an automatic W.

Of course it's not automatic, but to me, it has moved into the "expected W" column.

Why are you worried about the Ole Miss QB. Don't we have one of the best secondaries in the league?

Of course it's not automatic, but to me, it has moved into the "expected W" column.
I don't know. Before Freeze was forced out, I already expected to win this game because it is in Lexington and because I was not impressed with Ole Miss' defense last year. But this game is still far enough away that their coaching staff can rally them. They still have a lot of talent. But like you say, if we rank-order our SEC games in terms of most likely wins, this 1 would have to be near the top of that list. But it's a tough league.

Having Oscar predict 8 wins definitely has me very concerned as he's hardly ever correct about anything concerning UK football. I'm going to have to rethink my whole perception of this UK team.

I'll take it! That's pretty optimistic but your reasoning is sound. I really wouldn't know what to do with myself if the Cats knock off UF, UT and UL all in the same season. A lot would have to go very right for this team to accomplish that but for the first time in my lifetime there are legitimate reasons to believe it could happen. I hope this team can live up to the hype, I've never seen UK FB fans this excited/optimistic for a season.

Entering the Woodson, Tamme, Woodyard senior season there were expectations of greatness but I think this surpasses it. Those guys did some great things but weren't able to max out their opportunities. The UF game that year was the turning point to show that the LSU win was no fluke and they were so close but just couldn't finish the deal. The Miss St L was when I knew we weren't there yet. Cobb made the next few seasons entertaining but then it all bottomed out after that. We had some great individual players but the depth and mentality just wasn't there to compete consistently in the SEC. The Joker Phillips era was a low point that I hope UK never gets back to.

It really does feel like we're in the midst of a cultural change both from the perspective of the fans and the players. It's been a slow and at times frustrating journey from when Stoops came in but we're on the verge of something special for UK FB. I have so much respect for what he has been able to do given what he inherited (Barnhart deserves some credit for sticking with him). He's built this thing from the ground up one piece at a time and now we are at a crossroads. 6, 7 wins would keep the momentum going. 8, 9 wins, including shaking off that UF monkey, and we'll be in uncharted territory. I'm more than ready to see how high the UK FB program can climb. There's so much potential but Stoops and co have to prove that they're ready to take the next step this year or I'm afraid we'll keep seeing mediocrity at the best of times.

There's so many ways it could go but my guess is that this will be the year the Cats finally take their seat at the big boys table in the SEC. Perhaps this makes me sound like a homer but I'm in the Wildcat Lair so who cares. We'll all find out soon enough what the Cats are made of. GBB!

@Southern Miss: W (31-17)
EKU: W (Blowout)
@USCjr: W (27-24)
Florida: L (30-24) STILL CANT GET OVER THAT HUMP!
EMU: W (20-25 point win)
Mizzou: W (42-24)
@ MSU:W (31-28) DETERMINES SEASON
UT: W (27-21) WE BEAT DOBBS-LESS VOLS!
Ole Miss: W (30-24)
@ Vandy: W (31-20)
@ UGA: L (42-21) We can't stop their run game and this gets ugly
UL: W (34-27)

9-3
6-2 SEC, finish 2nd in the East behind UGA

Reactions: Littlefeller
OM is looking to be a bad train wreck now with all that has happened over there this week, so a tough game turned into a much easier one.

We've had this discussion for months, now, and I have predicted it would get worse.

And I expect (and hope) it gets even worser. A few of the $$ athletes being held out of competition would be nice.

Having Oscar predict 8 wins definitely has me very concerned as he's hardly ever correct about anything concerning UK football. I'm going to have to rethink my whole perception of this UK team.

Yes, RV, but he's usually conservative to the point of a whining surrender to the traditional powers that be.

I was shocked to see a prediction as optimistic as my own.

@Southern Miss: W (31-17)
EKU: W (Blowout)
@USCjr: W (27-24)
Florida: L (30-24) STILL CANT GET OVER THAT HUMP!
EMU: W (20-25 point win)
Mizzou: W (42-24)
@ MSU:W (31-28) DETERMINES SEASON
UT: W (27-21) WE BEAT DOBBS-LESS VOLS!
Ole Miss: W (30-24)
@ Vandy: W (31-20)
@ UGA: L (42-21) We can't stop their run game and this gets ugly

BeeBeein, yours are the most interesting of the picks, above.

If we are 9-1 heading to Athens, that will be the SEC CBS Game of the Week, and will likely decide the East Champs.

Grumpy, for all he has added to this forum, will not be very popular that week, or for a week after it, if they win 42-21!@#$

So you wanna know?
USM - W
EKU - W
S. Carolina - L
Florida - L
E. Mich - W
Missouri - W
Miss. St. -W
UT - W
U Miss - W
VU - W
Ga - L
UL - L

My picks:

USM - W
EKU - W
S. Carolina - L
Florida - L
E. Mich - W
Missouri - W
Miss. St. -L
UT - L
U Miss - W
VU - L
Ga - L
UL - L[/QUOTE]

I guess i can't see UK so winning 6 games right now.

Lucky to win 7 last season.

Fluke w against UL
Lucky to beat Mst last season.
USC is going to be much better
When was last time UK beat FL?
UT has owned UK.
Playing Vandy on the road, tough game.
Uga on the road, when last time UK won in Athens?

I HOPE THEY GO 15-0 AND BE ROOTING THE WHOLE WAY. BEEN big blue fan a long time, and had my dreams shattered too many times. I know I am not the only one with tempered expectations. Go out and beat UT and Fl and u will see a big shift in peoples expectations .

My picks:

USM - W
EKU - W
S. Carolina - L
Florida - L
E. Mich - W
Missouri - W
Miss. St. -L
UT - L
U Miss - W
VU - L
Ga - L
UL - L

Fluke w against UL
UT has owned UK.

I HOPE THEY GO 15-0 AND BE ROOTING THE WHOLE WAY. BEEN big blue fan a long time, and had my dreams shattered too many times. I know I am not the only one with tempered expectations. Go out and beat UT and Fl and u will see a big shift in peoples expectations .[/QUOTE]

Nah, I think you should just give up, that way you won't be disappointed. Besides we already have too many negative posters.

But....in my 50 years of following Ky Football, I've seen bad things happen to other teams only to see something like them playing their second qb and watching the guy have a Heisman trophy caliber day. Other teams' misfortunes have often come back to haunt US. It would not surprise me to see Ole Miss players to be motivated by their situation, take an "us against the world" attitude and have a good season.

Fluke w against UL
UT has owned UK.

I HOPE THEY GO 15-0 AND BE ROOTING THE WHOLE WAY. BEEN big blue fan a long time, and had my dreams shattered too many times. I know I am not the only one with tempered expectations. Go out and beat UT and Fl and u will see a big shift in peoples expectations .

Nah, I think you should just give up, that way you won't be disappointed. Besides we already have too many negative posters.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with the whole "negative " poster thing. Just forming an opinion based on the past. Why do u think UT and FL fans see UK on their schedule and automatically think W?. It's based on decades of dominating UK. Once this staff changes that, then our fans won't tend to think, "well thats a L," and their fans wont think that playing UK is an auotmatic W.

Everyone loves to make preseason predictions from the magazines and TV talkers to the individual fan. Human nature is such that it seeks a basic level of certainty. But year in and year out most preseason predictions turn out to be wrong.

What we can say with certainty is we have one of the most talented and experienced teams in decades and we have a excellent chance to have a very successful season. The rest for the most part is a great unknown, but of course that's what makes experiencing the games week by week all the more fun.

My picks:

USM - W
EKU - W
S. Carolina - L
Florida - L
E. Mich - W
Missouri - W
Miss. St. -L
UT - L
U Miss - W
VU - L
Ga - L
UL - L

Fluke w against UL
UT has owned UK.

I HOPE THEY GO 15-0 AND BE ROOTING THE WHOLE WAY. BEEN big blue fan a long time, and had my dreams shattered too many times. I know I am not the only one with tempered expectations. Go out and beat UT and Fl and u will see a big shift in peoples expectations .[/QUOTE]

To say our win against UL was a fluke is ignorant. It doesn't matter how you get there it just matters that you do. The players played their hearts out and walked away winners. It's a rivalry game and I trust our coaches and players to be ready. After winning last year they will have a confidence knowing that they can beat UL and we are much more talented and even more experienced.

Actually I believe the last time we beat UGA was 2009 in Athens. We typically play UGA tough and last year the game could have went either way. Had Badet not dropped a potential TD into UGA's DB's hands the game would have probably ended up differently.

Yes USC will be better but so shall we. The mast majority of our team returns which means more game experience and add in the redshirt freshman and true freshman and we will have more talent and depth than last year. Also another year in Gran's offense and hopefully a much improved Johnson.

The game against Miss St. last year was another hard fought win on a last second FG. Fitzgerald is a good QB and can run the ball down a defenses throat if needed. Hopefully we finally have figured out how to stop a QB run. But if our own QB fixes his biggest flaw in fumblitis. This could be a very good game that comes down to the wire. Remember not only did Johnson have 2 fumbles but he lost both. For him to catch his composure and lead his team to a 21 point 3rd quarter and last second FG to win is damn good in my mind.

Florida and Tennessee are the 2 games that get me. It's like they have dominated us so long that the team goes in thinking they have been beat before stepping on to the field. This year we could beat 1 of them with the slim possibility of beating both. Other than last season we have been playing UF particularly well and should have won a few season ago had it not been for and officials mistake. UF still are down a little and we have an OLINE that may be able to protect the QB enough and open up enough lanes for Snell & company to control the clock.

Now UT is the one I see happening this season. They lost a wildcat killer Dobbs while also losing there best player on all levels of the defense. Replacing Barnett, Sutton and Reeves-Maybin is going to be hard but Botch Jones has recruited well enough it shouldn't be too hard. But it would be like us trying to replace Jordan Jones, Derrick Baity and Bud Dupree(using him as example because we don't have the top of the line DE right now). So we do have a chance.

Vandy showed significant improvement after changing QBs. They scare me some especially on the road. I think we squeak out a win but it won't be as easy as some think. We should be able to handle Missouri this year but they should be improved and they always seemed to find Dlinemen that can wreck havoc and change the outcome of games. USM embarrassed us last year. They lost their QB an our guys should be ready for revenge and have a huge chip on their shoulders.

Ole Miss has the potential to be a very good team. They could also flop very badly. They play Alabama, Auburn, Vandy, LSU and, Arkansas all in a row in front of us with their bye coming before Bama. That's a really rough stretch of games the could be really beat up. We have our bye then Miss St. and UT before.

This season we have the chance at seeing something really special out of this team. Every game on the schedule is a winnable game at the same time every game is also a loseable game.

From the picture they have hanging showing Kentucky to the playoffs I think it's safe to say this team believes in their selves and each other. They think and know they can play and beat anyone. Now they just have to go out and do it. I know history isn't on our side but to basically write off these young mean and what they accomplished last year isn't being that great of a fan.

Reactions: jauk11 and JDHoss
ADVERTISEMENT