ADVERTISEMENT

Wandale Robinson official to Purdue coming up.

4-1 against UK...all that matters to me. Totally unacceptable or at least should be. How is the trajectory under Stoops heading upward? We are 8-20 in our last 7 games over the last four years and several of those games have been beat downs. We are ranked in the 80's -90's in both offense and defense...but, you are correct it is a big year for both but much more so for UK though I think because some are touting BS and all these draft picks we are going to have. It's TIME.

It may be all that matters to you, but that is not the standard for assessing the success or failure of Bobby Petrino, which happened to be the subject of my post.

Stoops’ trajectory: 2, 5, 5, 7, 7. I guess we could look at the middle 8 games of the last 4 years or the first six games or the odd numbered games and make some assessments. But, the best way to assess is Ws and Ls.

And, I disagree that this year is more important for Stoops than Petrino.

I'm not touting to fire Stoops...but I'm tired of hearing how great Stoops is and how UK is a better program than UL.

As far as trajectory goes...Strong left UL in Orange Bowl trouncing Florida. So it's going to be hard to do much better than that compared to Joker's 2-10 team from a trajectory standpoint. I'm personally over the "trend" stuff in year 5 anyway. We should be beating UL at least 50% of the time now and probably more if we're that much better of a program.

Who said how “great Stoops is and how UK is a better program than UL?” Should we hunt down those mysterious posts or is that a straw man?

Reactions: Poetax
Since the rivalry resumed in 1994, which is now 24 games, I think UL has gone either 16-8 or 15-9 against Kentucky, while they have been in 3 or 4 leagues. And most of the games have been played in Lexington. In short, over 2 1/2 decades, under a number of different coaches for both teams, they have been consistently beating us 2/3 of the time. Won the Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl along the way + a Heisman Trophy. So I am getting REAL tired of hearing how we have the better program . . .

And, where are these posts that say we have a better program? There must be a number of them for your to be real boldly tired of them!!

Since the rivalry resumed in 1994, which is now 24 games, I think UL has gone either 16-8 or 15-9 against Kentucky, while they have been in 3 or 4 leagues. And most of the games have been played in Lexington. In short, over 2 1/2 decades, under a number of different coaches for both teams, they have been consistently beating us 2/3 of the time. Won the Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl along the way + a Heisman Trophy. So I am getting REAL tired of hearing how we have the better program . . .
Rich Brooks saved our bacon

This is the straw man/non sequitur thread. SMH
So you don't have an opinion then?...it should bug the hell out of all UK fans. There are many on here who want to run down their program consistently, but yet they continually beat us on a consistent basis.

Last edited:
Brohm is selling academics at Purdue. That's the one big advantage that he has over teams chasing the same recruits. We know facilities are poor (just ask Harbaugh), and he doesn't yet have a record to crow about with only one year. He's also banking some of the warm fuzzy feelings from his own and brother Brians pro careers, but his trump card is the academic standing of the school.

Hey guys, came over here to read what your thoughts were on some of the Kentucky players Purdue is recruiting and saw this thread. Brohm is selling much more than academics at Purdue. Harbaugh was trying to negative recruit Purdue for the QB commit we got. That whole incident was more Michigan's fault than purdues.

But anyways, Brohm has a major invesent from the AD. This isn't the program it was two years ago. We just finished a $65 million football only training facility that has been huge. Brohm is making $3.5 mil himself with a contract that escalated annually. So at the end of his 7 year contract, he will be making like $4.4 or something crazy. Plus he has an assistant coaching budget of $3.9 mil. On top of all this, the AD has rebranded the entire football stadium, added lights, working on a new sound system, and after this year they are adding two brand new video boards on each end of the stadium working towards the entire south endzone project. Purdue can be built into the program it was under Tiller. Plus Brohm is recruiting well. I don't think it's a given he leaves.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
I think he is solid at Purdue. He's got some guys investing in football now, and he's gonna have a honeymoon span.
Who knows what will be open time he wants to leave? Louisville would be a sideways step....and depending on what Petrino does, maybe half step down.
If he continues to win, he may be looking at one of those rebuild dynasty slots....Texas, Notre Dame, one of the west coast teams.
Guy has the tiger by the tail right now.

He was bright enough to stay out of the Fulmer fantasy world at Tennessee.

Who said how “great Stoops is and how UK is a better program than UL?” Should we hunt down those mysterious posts or is that a straw man?

Read the thread....it's on the first page of post from the legendary jauk11....here is the quote.

jauk11 said:
I think UK is a better job than either Transfer U or Purdue, JMO.

It may be all that matters to you, but that is not the standard for assessing the success or failure of Bobby Petrino, which happened to be the subject of my post.

Stoops’ trajectory: 2, 5, 5, 7, 7. I guess we could look at the middle 8 games of the last 4 years or the first six games or the odd numbered games and make some assessments. But, the best way to assess is Ws and Ls.

And, I disagree that this year is more important for Stoops than Petrino.
1. Stoops has done a solid job of beating decent teams in Vanderbilt, USC and Mizzou which is why we are up to 7 wins. And that is a good job by Stoops.
2. But his performance vs. UL is not so hot and last year's beat down was a joke that sort of offsets his performances by Mizzou, USC, etc..to a degree.
3. The recruiting performance out the gate is simply a backwards step in terms of talent this year so far.

What happens if Stoops goes 6 wins this year....what does that do for this trajectory argument?

Read the thread....it's on the first page of post from the legendary jauk11....here is the quote.

jauk11 said:

Yeah, I am not going on a hunting spree looking for one post that arguably does not say what you posted. Jauk did not say in your quote that UK is a better program. He said “better job.”

And, it appears no one said Stoops was “great.”

Dude, I love discussions and debates, but gross exaggeration, misleading posts and straw men arguments are a waste of time.

Reactions: jauk11
1. Stoops has done a solid job of beating decent teams in Vanderbilt, USC and Mizzou which is why we are up to 7 wins. And that is a good job by Stoops.
2. But his performance vs. UL is not so hot and last year's beat down was a joke that sort of offsets his performances by Mizzou, USC, etc..to a degree.
3. The recruiting performance out the gate is simply a backwards step in terms of talent this year so far.

What happens if Stoops goes 6 wins this year....what does that do for this trajectory argument?

(2) I don’t think bad losses offset good solid wins. Wins are wins. No one on here would ever tout Mike Leach if bad losses offset 8-9 wins. That guy has his share. We count wins.

We all want wins vs. UL. UK as a road underdog got a unexpected good win two years ago on the road. That win should have offset this year’s loss, if that is how it works. This year was a tough pill to swallow. But, you appear to be living in that moment and ignoring the rest.

The UL game is not the barometer for improvement. It’s one game.

(3) anyone who judges a recruiting class in June is a fool. Don’t be a fool. Most of your posts start with a claim that you want Stoops to succeed, but the “buts” always follow.

Judging a season before your see it is also foolish. But, I will bite on your question.

I think the the schedule may create a 6 win season. If that happens, I will say Stoops has plateaued. I don’t think a coach can last if he builds a team to be a regular 6 win program.

But, I will wait to see the season and how the team performs and the factors for the 6 wins before making conclusions. Six wins with a season ending injury to Benny in the second game may very well be a good result.

And, if Stoops beats UL again at UL, I guess you will be happy, regardless of the losses.

Yeah, I am not going on a hunting spree looking for one post that arguably does not say what you posted. Jauk did not say in your quote that UK is a better program. He said “better job.”

And, it appears no one said Stoops was “great.”

Dude, I love discussions and debates, but gross exaggeration, misleading posts and straw men arguments are a waste of time.
Is there a gross difference in UK job vs. UK program? Splitting hairs but it's gotten old for UK fans to debate anything UK vs. UL...it's painfully obvious UL is heads better than UK in all aspects football (including being a classless bunch of hooligans)

I'm not touting to fire Stoops...but I'm tired of hearing how great Stoops is and how UK is a better program than UL.

As far as trajectory goes...Strong left UL in Orange Bowl trouncing Florida. So it's going to be hard to do much better than that compared to Joker's 2-10 team from a trajectory standpoint. I'm personally over the "trend" stuff in year 5 anyway. We should be beating UL at least 50% of the time now and probably more if we're that much better of a program.

Stoops started from CONSECUTIVE two win seasons, with a program that had MINIMUM support for a decade. UK still just a basketball school to most SEC fan bases AND a lot of recruits.

Where was Transfer U with honest tom jurich in charge and with hurtt's recruiting when BP took over?

My post wasn't meant to say we have the better program NOW, although that is a distinct possibility, check at the end of the season. My statement was in the long run, and Transfer U has been running into a lot of speed bumps lately, likely to get a lot worse without jurich there, IMO.

4-1 against UK...all that matters to me. Totally unacceptable or at least should be. How is the trajectory under Stoops heading upward? We are 8-20 in our last 7 games over the last four years and several of those games have been beat downs. We are ranked in the 80's -90's in both offense and defense...but, you are correct it is a big year for both but much more so for UK though I think because some are touting BS and all these draft picks we are going to have. It's TIME.

0-16 in the SEC for two years after ten years of mitch's elite leadership.

He runs clean... This is not something I overlook and would undersell....

He runs scaredy cat while our competition laughs at the NCAA.

Even worse he ran scaredy cat against all the old Blue Barons for TEN YEARS-------until the strike..

Reactions: robo222
Is there a gross difference in UK job vs. UK program? Splitting hairs but it's gotten old for UK fans to debate anything UK vs. UL...it's painfully obvious UL is heads better than UK in all aspects football (including being a classless bunch of hooligans)

My goodness, there is a tremendous difference in that win at all costs (look at BP, Slick Rick, AND hurtt, with the big cheese in charged covering up everything) program and the scaredy cat basketball first program we have.

Rich Brooks saved our bacon

Did a great job, but he saved mitch's bacon, and I'm not sure he got an extra cent when he finally gave up. Should have, since he got less than a 3% raise a year for the eight years he led us out of probation..

Maybe I will have to downgrade my opinion of him for that.

jauk11 said:

You don't think it is, IN THE LONG RUN? Half the fans in Louisville are UK fans, we are a STATE UNIVERSITY, MUCH nicer AND more traditional campus, nicer city, we play in the BEST football conference in the country, the BEST basketball program in the land that almost always leads the nation in attendance should ADD to football recruiting, their academics a sham PROVEN by that bunch of transfers and non qualifiers being up there with Stanford, Northwestern, Vandy, Duke, etc etc, TOP TEN IN THE NATION APR, what a joke for that bunch that got kicked out of other schools and couldn't qualify out of high school, hell, Hearns wasn't even smart enough to duck when he saw that bullet coming his way. He had to have seen it, sounds like he didn't even see the shooter..

Even mitch has to spend on football with the FORTY MILLION a year PLUS bowl money (BOTH mostly due to OTHER SEC teams football) rolling in EVERY year, even paying off the huge loan with about 50% added on for academics isn't a real problem now--------losing 20,000 season ticket holders he ran off with his stupid policies AND big mouth still hurts, but not a problem. mitch knows he can't screw this up AGAIN, our LARGE and TRUE football fan base has finally woke up.

AND, because of the emergence of football as THE money cow, the strike by TENS OF THOUSANDS of long time season ticket holders, the sudden abundance of money, UK football is finally on the right track, it isn't BASKETBALL, it doesn't happen with a few five star recruits-------and we are still trying to overcome the TWO consecutive two win season, with losses to not only Transfer U but also johnny come lately WKU..

But thanks for the compliment, some people are only a legend in their own mind, and now I have your endorsement, lol.

By the way, I noticed you didn't bother to TRY to reply to the FACTS in my post when I replied to your post, FACTS are hard to argue with.

I usually like your posts, but FACTS are FACTS.

(2) I don’t think bad losses offset good solid wins. Wins are wins. No one on here would ever tout Mike Leach if bad losses offset 8-9 wins. That guy has his share. We count wins.

We all want wins vs. UL. UK as a road underdog got a unexpected good win two years ago on the road. That win should have offset this year’s loss, if that is how it works. This year was a tough pill to swallow. But, you appear to be living in that moment and ignoring the rest.

The UL game is not the barometer for improvement. It’s one game.

(3) anyone who judges a recruiting class in June is a fool. Don’t be a fool. Most of your posts start with a claim that you want Stoops to succeed, but the “buts” always follow.

Judging a season before your see it is also foolish. But, I will bite on your question.

I think the the schedule may create a 6 win season. If that happens, I will say Stoops has plateaued. I don’t think a coach can last if he builds a team to be a regular 6 win program.

But, I will wait to see the season and how the team performs and the factors for the 6 wins before making conclusions. Six wins with a season ending injury to Benny in the second game may very well be a good result.

And, if Stoops beats UL again at UL, I guess you will be happy, regardless of the losses.

Good post, I don't think a last second loss to a top 20 team while going for the win without half our offense for most of the game was a "bad loss", and I think most recruits probably feel the same way.

So you don't have an opinion then?...it should bug the hell out of all UK fans. There are many on here who want to run down their program consistently, but yet they continually beat us on a consistent basis.

Just like there are a FEW on here that want to run down OUR program consistently.

UL's program has had a lot of things catch up with it lately, have to wait and see the long term effects. One BIG thing they have going for them is taking all the JC transfers and turning them into top ten APR scholars and the reliance on taking any kind of scum bag that can play as a transfer that doesn't show up on their recruiting rankings. Still wonder about what the long term effect of the Godfather being gone will be, BP could very well move on again before it is all over, doubt if he is in line for another $500,000 bonus for his APR "work", and I doubt if he can add to the THREE relatives he already has on his staff-------his son with ZERO legit credentials when he was hired, with drug and driving charges pending. Might not be able to leave with all those family ties though, lol.

It will also be interesting to see how much of the FORTY FIVE MILLION buyout for Slick Rick they end up owing, I know what he deserves but he has a LOT of dollars and a LOT of dollars buys a LOT of lawyers. Noticed his lawyers complained about he lack of documentation and UL's lawyers replied they had sent what, FORTY TWO THOUSAND pages already back in February.

What a waste.

Last edited:

My post wasn't meant to say we have the better program NOW, although that is a distinct possibility, check at the end of the season. My statement was in the long run, and Transfer U has been running into a lot of speed bumps lately, likely to get a lot worse without jurich there, IMO.

And . . . Been hearing how we are going to be better than Louisville this year or next (for sure!) For years and years now

I think you like that conclusion. But, I suspect UK is much closer to UL than your would like.

Proof is in the pudding...the offense will have to greatly improve to stay on the field with them next year.

Dang!

If only we had all that talent Joker started out with, the ONE four star on offense, the 5.5 QB (that they disqualified for the bowl game for DRINKING, horrors), the 5.2 RB, the OL that put the fear of God in the SEC.

Of course mitch hadn't finished with his "rebuilding" job yet, took another two years to finish the job--------and boy, did he ever finish it.

FACTS.

Last edited:
Proof is in the pudding...the offense will have to greatly improve to stay on the field with them next year.

Seriously? So, you think UL will be improved over last year?

The offense did not struggle last year because UL had a dominant defense. Benny was running wild. Our WRs were getting free. SJ could not, however, get the ball down the field. I don’t see UL having a better defense this year.

The offense did not struggle last year because UL had a dominant defense. Benny was running wild. Our WRs were getting free. SJ could not, however, get the ball down the field. I don’t see UL having a better defense this year.

No he just thinks UK will be terrible, just look at our coaches.

UL will have some question marks on defense. Their defense struggle last year. Will it be better, the same or worse? If it is worse, UL’s potent offense better be ready for weekly track meets.

Seriously !!! You are going to make excuses for that disaster? That was a total embarassament...17 points, give up 44(could easily have been more) and they still haven't punted yet. And yes, I do think u6 will be better, but the better question is, will we be.

Seriously !!! You are going to make excuses for that disaster? That was a total embarassament...17 points, give up 44(could easily have been more) and they still haven't punted yet. And yes, I do think u6 will be better, but the better question is, will we be.

Do you think they have kicked their punter off the team yet? Sounds like they should from your posts.

ADVERTISEMENT