ADVERTISEMENT

Wandale Robinson official to Purdue coming up.

Agreed. With Hoghead gone, the door is back open. Hopefully Tyra is too dumb to pull it off as I’d much rather see those clowns hire a goober than land Brohm. Fortunately for us, if he keeps winning, his star will be too bright for even a legacy guy to settle for that job.
With TJ gone it's more likely he would go there than not now...for what it's worth, one of my exneighbors who was very close (so he said) to JB told me when he was at wku that JB would be very interested in the UK job. Who knows now, but that's pretty irrelevant at this point.

Excellent FACTS there WC...some still won' get it.

Get what?

Who is arguing the SECe is as good as it used to be, are you arguing with yourself?

When Joker played Florida in 10 they had over 50 four star and about a dozen five star commits the previous few years, a FACT I have pointed out on here many times.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
With TJ gone it's more likely he would go there than not now...for what it's worth, one of my exneighbors who was very close (so he said) to JB told me when he was at wku that JB would be very interested in the UK job. Who knows now, but that's pretty irrelevant at this point.

That statement seems up for grabs, there’s been many on here posting it differently on whether he would have come here.

I think UK is a better job than either Transfer U or Purdue, JMO.
UK needs to start winning as much as U6 to claim it's a better job. We've been utterly embarrassed by U6 in our annual games on the field. Last year was as complete debacle. Stoops is now 1-4 vs. UL and two of those were pretty much butt whoppins.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Purdue is in the weak side of the B1G. However, the have tough crossover games thi year. I suspect Purdue to struggle to get to a bowl this year. It will be interesting to see how recruiting goes for him if they do struggle.

Purdue is in the weak side of the B1G. However, the have tough crossover games thi year. I suspect Purdue to struggle to get to a bowl this year. It will be interesting to see how recruiting goes for him if they do struggle.
UK is in the weak side of the SEC...so what if we struggle in year six?

UK is in the weak side of the SEC...so what if we struggle in year six?
The teams may be down but talent wise compared to every other conference the sec east is not down. Unless you think that recruiting sites have been wrong the last 5 years with all the class rankings. Even with some of the teams struggles still a bunch of 4 and 5 stars in the sec east.

I cant quote the writer because its been a while, but I read once how Kentucky is a great football coaching gig. Large fan base and if you can get to a bowl on an average year with a few good seasons in between you would be Football God in Lexington, KY. This was a few years ago and I understand we want more now than we have in the past, but look at Coach Brooks. He wasn't Nick Saban, but I don't remember any fans trying to run him off. JMO

Brohm is selling academics at Purdue. That's the one big advantage that he has over teams chasing the same recruits. We know facilities are poor (just ask Harbaugh), and he doesn't yet have a record to crow about with only one year. He's also banking some of the warm fuzzy feelings from his own and brother Brians pro careers, but his trump card is the academic standing of the school.

Reactions: The-Hack
I cant quote the writer because its been a while, but I read once how Kentucky is a great football coaching gig. Large fan base and if you can get to a bowl on an average year with a few good seasons in between you would be Football God in Lexington, KY. This was a few years ago and I understand we want more now than we have in the past, but look at Coach Brooks. He wasn't Nick Saban, but I don't remember any fans trying to run him off. JMO
The first few years there most certainly were till 4 bowl game wins in a row.

Brohm is selling academics at Purdue. That's the one big advantage that he has over teams chasing the same recruits. We know facilities are poor (just ask Harbaugh), and he doesn't yet have a record to crow about with only one year. He's also banking some of the warm fuzzy feelings from his own and brother Brians pro careers, but his trump card is the academic standing of the school.
Think it has much more to do with he is looked upon as a rising young star look at his FIRST season with a bowl win...those(academics)could have been sold the last ten years and they haven't done squat. Will be an interesting year for them.

Looks to me the guy can coach.... He's selling himself, his method, his success..... in addition to factors Purdue. If he is successful at Purdue it is likely he'll get offers from better programs or at least demand a healthy financial commitment from Purdue....

Or maybe he just has a better than average recruiting season and their AD blesses him with millions and a contract extension....[cheers]

Looks to me the guy can coach.... He's selling himself, his method, his success..... in addition to factors Purdue. If he is successful at Purdue it is likely he'll get offers from better programs or at least demand a healthy financial commitment from Purdue....

Or maybe he just has a better than average recruiting season and their AD blesses him with millions and a contract extension....[cheers]
Took me a minute , but I got it:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::football::joy::scream::cool2::sunglasses:

When Schiano’s Rutgers team stormed back and confused the heck out of BP’s UL team, I thought Brohm would never be a good HC. There were shots of him ripping his brother a new one on the sideline that were not flattering. But, he has taken his wealth of experiences and become an excellent coach.

I remember the 'ditch Rich and Mitch' battlecry well. UK suffered a complete beatdown by some SEC team and supposedly Brooks asked the team when they were going to get tired of losing. The turnaround started the next game with Tamme, Woodson and crew.

But there were definitely calls for Brooks to be outta Lexington.

I remember the 'ditch Rich and Mitch' battlecry well. UK suffered a complete beatdown by some SEC team and supposedly Brooks asked the team when they were going to get tired of losing. The turnaround started the next game with Tamme, Woodson and crew.

Guess I was out of the loop for the first part of the tenure. Been out of central Kentucky since 2001, and haven't been on message boards until last year. My dad has been a wildcat fan his whole life, but mostly basketball. I brought him around to football around 2010 so I get a lot more info now.

Reactions: billoliver40
UK needs to start winning as much as U6 to claim it's a better job. We've been utterly embarrassed by U6 in our annual games on the field. Last year was as complete debacle. Stoops is now 1-4 vs. UL and two of those were pretty much butt whoppins.

It isn't that one sided, we were naturally bad coming off devastating probation, with NONE of the help that Bama's team got, 15 commits in 2002, one four star that I don't think ever played a down and ONE JC three star, 13 two stars with rankings in the mud. Then Brooks brought us back to four straight wins over them while they were Kragthorped (according to them, really just trying to clean up BP's mess he left) and then they beat us five straight when the effects of a decade of mitch finally caught up with us (a very predictable effect, they got kragthorped and we got mitched), then we won one and they won one. BIG game this year. It doesn't look like all the crap that has come out lately about their program has had much effect on their football team, maybe just advertised some of the extra benefits they were giving away.

Then, of course, while NEVER mentioned. the TEN THOUSAND or so in cold hard cash that they get above what UK gives has to have an effect, what player wants to say they chose them because they paid me more? You mean you didn't choose us because you have always bled red?

One BIG advantage they have is the transfers (and JCs) they bring in every year, THREE P5 transfers eligible this year that don't show up on their recruiting rankings, and who knows when they will find another criminal all star that no one else will take. I don't know if jurich is still looking for those as just a hobby now or not, he should have more time for it now that he isn't busy counting all the money he had rolling in at Transfer U.

We are a STATE UNIVERSITY, great campus, good education, good to great facilities (now), great football fan base (IMO), play the best competition, NOTHING shabby or shady about our football program.

Since the strike..

Last edited:

At LSU, 49-ZIP.

Reactions: billoliver40
The first few years there most certainly were till 4 bowl game wins in a row.

Brooks won three out of four, one over a depleted FSU team, and Joker lost another one with the GREAT talent (TWO four stars) that Brooks left him. Although I really think that Joker wins that one without the STUPID decision to sit the only QB that gave us a chance to win, a noble gesture attributed to Joker, but one which I don't think he was stupid enough to make, it came from above. I also think it helped him lose the team when they were thrown under the bus on national TV. Remember that Joker and mitch were "friends".

With friends like him I don't need any enemies.

I got off the Barney bus a few years ago.... I try and temper my lack of enthusiasm.
If MB wouldn't jump in whole hog on negotitioning contracts with coaches for unworthy results he is doing a great job and is easily the best AD in UK history hands down.

Reactions: law1127
If MB wouldn't jump in whole hog on negotitioning contracts with coaches for unworthy results he is doing a great job and is easily the best AD in UK history hands down.

He saved us millions every year with his chintzy support for football for a decade--------

which is costing us tens of millions every year now.

FACT number 103..

He runs clean... This is not something I overlook and would undersell....

It isn't that one sided, we were naturally bad coming off devastating probation, with NONE of the help that Bama's team got, 15 commits in 2002, one four star that I don't think ever played a down and ONE JC three star, 13 two stars with rankings in the mud. Then Brooks brought us back to four straight wins over them while they were Kragthorped (according to them, really just trying to clean up BP's mess he left) and then they beat us five straight when the effects of a decade of mitch finally caught up with us (a very predictable effect, they got kragthorped and we got mitched), then we won one and they won one. BIG game this year. It doesn't look like all the crap that has come out lately about their program has had much effect on their football team, maybe just advertised some of the extra benefits they were giving away.
if you have to go back to probation 16 years, that is a lot of reaching way back to make an argument.

- UK had the better team in Stoops 2nd year and we simply couldn't devise a scheme to play Devante Parker on go routes for 3 quarters.
- UK was up 21 - 0 in year 3 and go on to watch Lamar Jackson run read options for nearly 300 yards and it looked like Stoops had no idea Lamar Jackson could run the ball after 12 games of tape on him.
- Give Stoops big credit for winning in year 3 while being a huge underdog....tremendous job.
- Last year was a complete joke by Stoops/UK. UL didn't punt hardly the entire game, WR running alone, huge whooping at home.

It's a shame UL has been this much better than UK. I'm hoping we can turn the tide around, but UL will still have a big time QB threat under Petrino even after Lamar Jackson. UK needs to get it going under Stoops. Claiming UK job is better than UL is sort of tone deaf considering the recent past of the two programs.

if you have to go back to probation 16 years, that is a lot of reaching way back to make an argument.

- UK had the better team in Stoops 2nd year and we simply couldn't devise a scheme to play Devante Parker on go routes for 3 quarters.
- UK was up 21 - 0 in year 3 and go on to watch Lamar Jackson run read options for nearly 300 yards and it looked like Stoops had no idea Lamar Jackson could run the ball after 12 games of tape on him.
- Give Stoops big credit for winning in year 3 while being a huge underdog....tremendous job.
- Last year was a complete joke by Stoops/UK. UL didn't punt hardly the entire game, WR running alone, huge whooping at home.

It's a shame UL has been this much better than UK. I'm hoping we can turn the tide around, but UL will still have a big time QB threat under Petrino even after Lamar Jackson. UK needs to get it going under Stoops. Claiming UK job is better than UL is sort of tone deaf considering the recent past of the two programs.

UK has a LOT of advantages over Transfer U.

They have ONE big one, and boy do they ride it to death--------JUST WIN BABY.

Just keeping coaches like BP, Slick Rick, and hurtt around after all their escapades shows how desperate they are to win.

With jurich the cherry on top.

UK has a LOT of advantages over Transfer U.

They have ONE big one, and boy do they ride it to death--------JUST WIN BABY.

Just keeping coaches like BP, Slick Rick, and hurtt around after all their escapades shows how desperate they are to win.

With jurich the cherry on top.
I won't even argue UofL has the better football program. I do feel however UK has every thing you need to field a top 30 team. This year I do think UK can have the better season than UofL if we find some consistency.

Reactions: jauk11

Sixteen years ago is when mitch took over, us starting the recruiting in 02 with the 92nd ranked recruiting class, thirteen low ranked TWO stars and one three star JC with one desperate gamble on a four star that never played a down. Bama probation at the same time bought two "bowl trips" and ended up with the 30th ranked class.

We aren't living in the recent past when football had the BARE MINIMUM support for mitch's first DECADE here,. we are living in the present with the FORTY MILLION plus bowl money rolling in every year that is hard to spend on sports, no matter how much you throw at the minor sports AND football, with $12,000.000 buyouts when mitch wouldn't spring for about one FIFTIETH of that to buyout Brown, keeping him on as CO-DC, in NAME ONLY. In 2010 football cleared $18,000,000 with lousy support and Joker in charge, bb with EVERYTHING cleared about $5,000,000 with the best program in the nation.

Tell me, oh wise one, tell me ONE thing above the BARE minimum that mitch did for football his first TEN years here, and no, giving Brooks LESS than a 3% raise a year on average for eight years when he saved mitch's A$$ doesn't qualify for that--------and what about Brooks giving Joker part of that money in order to keep him on staff? And neither does the stupid $12,000,000 buyout that he gave Stoops, just an indication of how much money is rolling in due to the OTHER SEC ADs not being asleep.

When did mitch start his marvelous support for football, AFTER he ran off 12,000 season ticket holders (most still gone, even with the best talent since Curci cheated) AND the strike AND with the obscene money from other schools pouring in EVERY year.

But congrats, you got a like from Slugger, FAAR THE COACH.

Last edited:
It’s hard to evince the position that Petrino has improved UL football since he took Strong’s spot. He had the most dynamic player in college football who provided UL with an actual Heisman trophy, yet he can only beat teams in the ACC with losing conference records (won 1 in 2 years). He is like 1-9 against ranked teams. His reputation is much better than his showing at UL.

Last year, his team lost to teams that were worse on paper than the UL squad.

People here slam Stoops, but the trajectory of the UK program is still on the rise under him. Petrino has not improved what he obtained from Strong. In fact, the programs is backsliding.

This is a big year for both coaches. If UL’s defense cannot stop good teams, Petrino should be on the hot seat. If UK backslides, Stoops will be, as well.

It’s hard to evince the position that Petrino has improved UL football since he took Strong’s spot. He had the most dynamic player in college football who provided UL with an actual Heisman trophy, yet he can only beat teams in the ACC with losing conference records (won 1 in 2 years). He is like 1-9 against ranked teams. His reputation is much better than his showing at UL.

People here slam Stoops, but the trajectory of the UK program is still on the rise under him. Petrino has not improved what he obtained from Strong. In fact, the programs is backsliding.

This is a big year for both coaches. If UL’s defense cannot stop good teams, Petrino should be on the hot seat. If UK backslides, Stoops will be, as well.
Agreed. U6 lost something along the lines of 18 career games with a Heisman winning QB. That may be a record. Don't know nor care about Petrino but Stoops needs to step it up in '18, a huge challenge.

4-1 against UK...all that matters to me. Totally unacceptable or at least should be. How is the trajectory under Stoops heading upward? We are 8-20 in our last 7 games over the last four years and several of those games have been beat downs. We are ranked in the 80's -90's in both offense and defense...but, you are correct it is a big year for both but much more so for UK though I think because some are touting BS and all these draft picks we are going to have. It's TIME.

Last edited:
Agreed. U6 lost something along the lines of 18 career games with a Heisman winning QB. That may be a record. Don't know nor care about Petrino but Stoops needs to step it up in '18, a huge challenge.

The Golden Boy was the only Heisman winner that played on a losing team, and that was long before so much emphasis was placed on winning.

4-1 against UK...all that matters to me. Totally unacceptable or at least should be. How is the trajectory under Stoops heading upward? We are 8-20 in our last 7 games over the last four years and several of those games have been beat downs. We are ranked in the 80's -90's in both offense and defense...but, you are correct it is a big year for both but much more so for UK though I think because some are touting BS and all these draft picks we are going to have. It's TIME.

Touting all those draft picks we have is much more like a real fan than you touting all those draft choices we didn't have before.

Last edited:
I'm not touting to fire Stoops...but I'm tired of hearing how great Stoops is and how UK is a better program than UL.

As far as trajectory goes...Strong left UL in Orange Bowl trouncing Florida. So it's going to be hard to do much better than that compared to Joker's 2-10 team from a trajectory standpoint. I'm personally over the "trend" stuff in year 5 anyway. We should be beating UL at least 50% of the time now and probably more if we're that much better of a program.

I'm not touting to fire Stoops...but I'm tired of hearing how great Stoops is and how UK is a better program than UL.

As far as trajectory goes...Strong left UL in Orange Bowl trouncing Florida. So it's going to be hard to do much better than that compared to Joker's 2-10 team from a trajectory standpoint. I'm personally over the "trend" stuff in year 5 anyway. We should be beating UL at least 50% of the time now and probably more if we're that much better of a program.
That's right....that's why I'm saying Stoops needs to step it up. My guess is he knows that.

Reactions: jauk11

Since the rivalry resumed in 1994, which is now 24 games, I think UL has gone either 16-8 or 15-9 against Kentucky, while they have been in 3 or 4 leagues. And most of the games have been played in Lexington. In short, over 2 1/2 decades, under a number of different coaches for both teams, they have been consistently beating us 2/3 of the time. Won the Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl along the way + a Heisman Trophy. So I am getting REAL tired of hearing how we have the better program . . .

ADVERTISEMENT