ADVERTISEMENT

Wandale Robinson official to Purdue coming up.

That would make, what, 4 of Kentucky's record number (?) SEVEN 4* prospects going out of state for college?We'll see how it all ends up but that is not an impressive start for the Cats or the Cards. Big year for in-state talent. JMO

Peace

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Time for UK to start negative recruiting like every other school.

How much longer do you think Brohm will stay at Purdue with another good season or two? Now a bunch of sophomore 4 stars are stuck at Purdue with who? Doubt whoever it is will be a homerun hire.

Reactions: jauk11
How much longer do you think Brohm will stay at Purdue with another good season or two? Now a bunch of sophomore 4 stars are stuck at Purdue with who? Doubt whoever it is will be a homerun hire.

Think he now has a pretty big buy out.

Article in the Louisville paper just last week that Brohm was offered and considered the UT job. He confirmed it.

Article in the Louisville paper just last week that Brohm was offered and considered the UT job. He confirmed it.
Glad he didn't take it. Brohm would kill it at UT. We've already lost our chance at beating UF but now with Mullen taking over there it may be a while longer. Ga is sprinting past everybody. Our best hope is Vandy continues to suck, Mizzou falls off after Lock leaves and Will Muschamp returns to crazy at USCe.

Glad he didn't take it. Brohm would kill it at UT. We've already lost our chance at beating UF but now with Mullen taking over there it may be a while longer. Ga is sprinting past everybody. Our best hope is Vandy continues to suck, Mizzou falls off after Lock leaves and Will Muschamp returns to crazy at USCe.

Or, hope UK continues to get better...

Or, hope UK continues to get better...
I've hoped that for the past few years and seen very little progress (hopefully that changes this year but I'm not getting my hopes up anymore). I think our best hope is for what I mentioned, i.e., the lower tier teams continuing to fall and we remain just good enough to regularly beat those teams.

I've hoped that for the past few years and seen very little progress (hopefully that changes this year but I'm not getting my hopes up anymore). I think our best hope is for what I mentioned, i.e., the lower tier teams continuing to fall and we remain just good enough to regularly beat those teams.
Why don't you check how many times in the history of UK football they have won 8 conference games in a 2 year span. We may not be improving at the rate you like but yes the program has improved from vandy beating us by 40 in joker's final year.

Why don't you check how many times in the history of UK football they have won 8 conference games in a 2 year span. We may not be improving at the rate you like but yes the program has improved from vandy beating us by 40 in joker's final year.
It's an improvement record wise but again, I think that's more due to the fact that the SEC and particularly the SECe is way down from where it was 10-15 years ago. Ga, UF and UT were regularly in the top 15 and USECe started winning double digit games before Spurrier retired, Mizzou won the division two years in a row, Franklin had Vandy rolling, etc. Our offensive and defensive units have been terrible since Stoops has been here so I don't think it's so much that we've been a good team it's just the rest of the league has been bad enough that we have taken advantage of somewhat (at least for our historical standards).

It's an improvement record wise but again, I think that's more due to the fact that the SEC and particularly the SECe is way down from where it was 10-15 years ago. Ga, UF and UT were regularly in the top 15 and USECe started winning double digit games before Spurrier retired, Mizzou won the division two years in a row, Franklin had Vandy rolling, etc. Our offensive and defensive units have been terrible since Stoops has been here so I don't think it's so much that we've been a good team it's just the rest of the league has been bad enough that we have taken advantage of somewhat (at least for our historical standards).
I don't know what this has to do with the subject but over the past 10 years the SECE has been a different league than it was the prior decade. Including MSU as an SECE team for UK, consider...

SECE AP Top 25 Finishes 2008-2017

GA 5, FL 5, SC 4, MO 2 (as SEC team), MSU 3, TN 2, Vandy 2
23 Top 25 finishes by 7 teams​

SECE AP Top 25 Finishes 1998-2007

GA 10, FL 8, TN 7, SC 2, MSU 2
29 Top 25 Finishes by 5 teams​

FWIW, GA has apparently started their move back to annual greatness; I think the "right guy" can return FL to the top in 2 years; SC and MSU are more "up and down" teams, I don't know what to think about TN. I don't what the future holds but the past 10 years have clearly been the time to "make a move" in the SECE and UK has gone 21-59 (26%). I keep a little chart of UK's record going back to the Bradshaw era (when I first became a football fan) and their SEC record since then is 114-285 (28%).

Peace

Last edited:
Reactions: sluggercatfan
I don't know what this has to do with the subject but over the past 10 years the SECE has been a different league than it was the prior decade. Including MSU as an SECE team for UK, consider...

FWIW, GA has apparently started their move back to annual greatness; I think the "right guy" can return FL to the top in 2 years; SC and MSU are more "up and down" teams, I don't know what to think about TN. I don't what the future holds but the past 10 years have clearly been the time to "make a move" in the SECE and UK has gone 21-59 (26%). I keep a little chart of UK's record going back to the Bradshaw era (when I first became a football fan) and their SEC record since then is 114-285 (28%).

Peace
With an 8 8 record over the last two years. That is with a back up qb whose other offer was Hawaii.

I wonder why everyone seems so bad at football? Heck it should be easy, no?

I wonder why everyone seems so bad at football? Heck it should be easy, no?
I never said it was easy but there’s no reason to think we’re gonna take the next step if we can’t win more than 7 games in a very down SECe. The division will be much improved this year and for the foreseeable future with UF making a great hire and UT can’t get any worse.

With an 8 8 record over the last two years. That is with a back up qb whose other offer was Hawaii.
Certainly better than losing but that 8-8 SEC record came over teams that were a collective 21-43 in SEC play. SC in 2017 (5-3) and MO (4-4, same year) were the only wins over SEC opponents without a losing SEC record. The back-up QB was forced into the starting role by injury and then could not be unseated.

Peace

Reactions: RonEJones
Certainly better than losing but that 8-8 SEC record came over teams that were a collective 21-43 in SEC play. SC in 2017 (5-3) and MO (4-4, same year) were the only wins over SEC opponents without a losing SEC record. The back-up QB was forced into the starting role by injury and then could not be unseated.

Peace
Don’t get me wrong I think Stoops has done a decent job but he would not have won 7 games the last two years if the SEC had been as strong as it was when Brooks was here. Brooks teams were much better coached but didn’t have as much talent or depth.

Peace
Who was gonna unseat him? The broken back up or the freshman? We also beat UofL in 16. If anything I'd wager your squad has underachieved moreso than UK. Uofl has done marginally better than UK the last two years with a qb who is in a different stratosphere than Smitty. So how good should UK be with the qb we've had. According to you we should win as many games as UofL even though we have the way lesser qb.

Peace

Do you realize that in the past 2 years, UL has beaten one ACC team that finished with a winning conference record? One in two years. One.

He will be Norte Dame's next coach....

Yep. I never said UofL was top of the ACC heap. ACC ball is not as good as SEC but I think it is improving. Regardless, ACC is still a step up from where UofL has been.

Peace

And, yet, in one of those years, 2016, UL was often ranked in the top 25 and was considered a shot at the BCS. Its a demonstration of how arbitrary things can be, because people assume things that are not true. UL smashed an FSU with a frosh QB who was under pressure all day and whose team was likewise grossly over-rated. UL should not have been ranked that year, but that is what we get when we have preseason assumptions that are false.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
And, BTW, a team ends up in the middle of the SEC by beating all of the sub-500 teams. That is how that is accomplished. Beat the teams you should beat. It is a process and an improvement. Fans can be frustrated with the Cats not beating teams by wide margins, but the Cats have beaten MOST of the teams they should beat, been in games with teams they are comparable with. USC, UF, UT and Mizzou have been in the same general area as UK over the past two years. UK has won some and lost some. Its part of the climb.

this was my first thought as well. He was a big target last year and will be an even bigger one this time around and can only pass on bigger offers so long. I think this is a legit topic to bring up to recruits. Maybe nobody wants our guy but at least he and his boys will be here!!!

My hope is that a big fish (preferably, non-SEC) gets Brohm, and soon. Anything to reduce to possibility that he ends up in Louisville.

Agreed. With Hoghead gone, the door is back open. Hopefully Tyra is too dumb to pull it off as I’d much rather see those clowns hire a goober than land Brohm. Fortunately for us, if he keeps winning, his star will be too bright for even a legacy guy to settle for that job.

Peace
Excellent FACTS there WC...some still won' get it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT