ADVERTISEMENT

Wan'Dale Robinson is in the portal!

I hope he comes here but I also hope he doesn't turn into Bossman Fat 2.0. Gives us good play for several games but seems to be a constant distraction and then quits midseason. That would be very disappointing to say the least.

He's definitely got some skills that we can and should be able to use. We all wanted him in Blue and White out of HS and I can only assume he's better now. If he does transfer to UK, I think the passing game with the new players and scheme meshing will look light years different from this year. Any reasonable fan ought to expect our QBs to throw for 200+ yards consistently with the talent and scheme we should be using this coming year.

If he's trying to make it to NFL, why would he pick UK with our past poor passing game & unknown quality future passing game? Seems he'd make a more certain outcome choice. A Mississippi school?

• Haha
Reactions: jdgilbys5
Wellllllll....not sure about this. First place he wants to be strictly wide receiver...and UK is currently looking at new QB and OC that nobody knows what they'll do. I wonder if he wouldn't be looking more Kiffen or Leach.

• Haha
Reactions: jdgilbys5
If he's trying to make it to NFL, why would he pick UK with our past poor passing game & unknown quality future passing game? Seems he'd make a more certain outcome choice. A Mississippi school?

It might be more understandable if you actually read his whole statement. But, I am sure those Mississippi schools are on his list, too.

Reactions: bterhune12
Wellllllll....not sure about this. First place he wants to be strictly wide receiver...and UK is currently looking at new QB and OC that nobody knows what they'll do. I wonder if he wouldn't be looking more Kiffen or Leach.
i would say if its not UK then it would be purdue.

Well I mean he has a longer highlight real than anybody on the UK offensive roster besides CRod probably so I mean if wants to come let him come.

I’m still salty about the way he handled the previous situation. I don’t wish anything bad upon him or his career, but don’t really care if he ends up here or not. I see him and Damien Harris in the same light.

Agreed, the fact he reaffirmed his commitment and the next day committed to Nebraska was a huge slap in the face.

He is a home grown Kentucky talent.

I for one sure hope he comes home, plays for UK and is the dynamic player maker we all know he is and can be for us.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I’m going to wait to see where he ends up before I get worked up this time.

he is listed in the portal with a 100% projection to UK

if the projection is accurate, the field will open up dramatically for all the wide receivers and running backs as he has Lock and Badet type speed

Kentucky is introducing a new offense that will be more balanced. Gran put an emphasis on the running game. Coen uses the running game as a means of working towards the PA pass. Wandale will get to the league regardless of where he goes.

Reactions: fcats
There's really only one destination and it seems he already had his mind made up before he entered the portal.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Kentucky is introducing a new offense that will be more balanced. Gran put an emphasis on the running game. Coen uses the running game as a means of working towards the PA pass. Wandale will get to the league regardless of where he goes.

And, absent setting up a pass later in the game or using WR from multiple positions, UK does not need Robinson in the backfield playing RB. Smoke, Tisdale and/or McClain should have what Liam wants. Assuming CRod is back, the RB room looks pretty stable.

And, absent setting up a pass later in the game or using WR from multiple positions, UK does not need Robinson in the backfield playing RB. Smoke, Tisdale and/or McClain should have what Liam wants. Assuming CRod is back, the RB room looks pretty stable.
Exactly. We have talent deep NFL talent at the RB spot. His dad doesn't want him taking those hits like he was. He will be used in space and he wants to showcase his route running abilites for the league because NE didn't let him show his full package.

McClain was used as a returner, would have to assume hands are not an issue for him. That will be cool to see what he can do in space.

McClain was used as a returner, would have to assume hands are not an issue for him. That will be cool to see what he can do in space.
I'm hoping him and Tisdale are used as receiving backs in this system. I don't want to lose either of those dudes.

Reactions: sieken
I’m still salty about the way he handled the previous situation. I don’t wish anything bad upon him or his career, but don’t really care if he ends up here or not. I see him and Damien Harris in the same light.
Can’t blame either one really, coming out of high school and you have a chance to play for Stoops or Saban......
Who would you want your kid playing for ?
Saban every single time !

Reactions: fcats
"PA pass"?

There are a lot of schools closer to his native Kentucky than Nebraska. About anything East of the Mississippi.

If the point is to be closer to home so you can see family, is being 400 miles from home really a significant difference compared to 600 miles from home? I suppose 400 is more drivable for a weekend trip but if your point is to be closer to family, are either of you making that 7-8 hour drive (each way) with any kind of frequency?

Reactions: Johnfarrel
He's crazy if he doesn't come here, assuming Coen takes any part of the rams offense to Lexington. The jet motion is a perfect match for his skill set.

And, at one point, Gran claimed Smoke ran solid routes and had really good hands, if I recall correctly.

Iirc we had smoke in the slot a game or two and he hauled in a tough catch.

Imo at least one of those rbs should be converted to slot to run this jet motion.

Reactions: ryanbruner
He's crazy if he doesn't come here, assuming Coen takes any part of the rams offense to Lexington. The jet motion is a perfect match for his skill set.

Iirc we had smoke in the slot a game or two and he hauled in a tough catch.

Imo at least one of those rbs should be converted to slot to run this jet motion.
Travis Tisdale

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I agree he's the best candidate for the move. Although I'm wondering if there's just no room for him anywhere. Otherwise seems they would've already made the move.
I worry they'll push him out but maybe not. They seem to love McClain which I get because he runs hard so theres no reason to move him over. Push out some WRs and then move a guy like Tisdale over.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I personally thinks it's UK.... The wording of his letter to transfer as Caveman posted, included words about being closer to his mom that is still having issues from Covid. The one time transfer looks like it's going to get shelved for this year. UK makes the most sense.

Where does his mother live ?

He is a home grown Kentucky talent.

I for one sure hope he comes home, plays for UK and is the dynamic player maker we all know he is and can be for us.
I agree with you. I want any Kentucky kid who, for whatever reason, has decided he wants to be and play here ... even if he did not originate his collegiate career here. People change their minds, especially kids. GO BIG BLUE !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT