ADVERTISEMENT

Wall and Rozier in the gym

Instagram was hating saying "wall looks less explosive and has lost a step because he is out of shape."

Umm, nah. That is the difference between a 19-20 year old and a NBA vet who is going on year 9 and creeping closer to 30 each day. Could he drop a couple lbs? Maybe, but he still isn't going to be quite the blur and as bouncy he use to be after having on going knee issues over the last 10 years.

Still in All-Star contention.

Instagram was hating saying "wall looks less explosive and has lost a step because he is out of shape."

Umm, nah. That is the difference between a 19-20 year old and a NBA vet who is going on year 9 and creeping closer to 30 each day. Could he drop a couple lbs? Maybe, but he still isn't going to be quite the blur and as bouncy he use to be after having on going knee issues over the last 10 years.

He was still taking Rozier to the rim at will. Also guessing he isn’t in peak game shape in August.

Yup. What he's trading off in speed he's picking up in stength. A few of those drives took a lot of lower body strength to keep forward progress under pressure.

I'm 30 and my joints definitely get hotter a good bit quicker than when I was 19-20 playing pickup.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Yup. What he's trading off in speed he's picking up in stength. A few of those drives took a lot of lower body strength to keep forward progress under pressure.

I'm 30 and my joints definitely get hotter a good bit quicker than when I was 19-20 playing pickup.
Exactly. 28 year old me feels a hell of a lot different than 24 year old me, much less the 20 year old version.

And I still run a sub 20 minute 3 mile and max out at 30 strict pull ups for my job so it isn't as though I've let myself go.

End of the day...Father time is undefeated.

Reactions: chroix
I think the reason some say there is no defense in the NBA is that it is impossible to stay in front of some players. Good luck guarding that first crossover by Wall.

And it's just easier to be lazy and ignorant and assume you know everything about it than to watch and absorb. I will never understand a "basketball fanatic" that doesn't like the NBA. Just lazy

Reactions: EastKYWildcat
His s&c coach has been raving about his iff season work outs. I don't see jw not working hard,he says his goal is MVP, he isn't just giving lip service.

Richards got some hands now it seems......bad news for the rest of the teams....the bad news is just adding up for the rest of the league it seems every single day. AND, I don't give a darn...

ADVERTISEMENT