ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest Assistant Coach Charged in Death of Tourist in NYC

Terrible situation for all involved.

Drunk guy shouldn't have been messing with cars and hitting people.
Coach should've tried to subdue the person instead of throwing a KO punch.

While the internet tough guys will laud the coach for being so badass, I'll ridicule him for risking throwing his whole life away just to be a tough guy in a situation that didn't really call for such force. I used to work at a bar. There's a way to handle drunks and it's not punching their faces. Take them out at the legs (they're likely very unsteady on their feet), restrain them and let trained LEOs do their job.

Last edited:
Terrible situation for all involved.

Drunk guy shouldn't have been messing with cars and hitting people.
Coach should've tried to subdue the person instead of throwing a KO punch.

While the internet tough guys will laud the coach for being so badass, I'll ridicule him for risking throwing his whole life away just to be a tough guy in a situation that didn't really call for such force. I used to work at a bar. There's a way to handle drunks and it's not punching their faces. Take them out at the legs (they're likely very unsteady on their feet), restrain them and let trained LEOs do their job.
You are spot on. Kids don't understand what you just said ......... yet.

i woulda shot him in the head without asking a question because they won't never take my guns even when i keel peeple
You are an idiot....and would be in jail. You cannot use deadly force in this situation. But hey...you are sure one macho sumbitch. And yes....I carry legally.

Sounds like the guy definitely needed to have his ass kicked and was acting like a total wasted dbag. Sucks that he died....sucks even more for the WFU coach who by all means was taking care of a drunkard who was banging on he and his neighbor's property, and had already punched one of his neighbors. I'd have reached the exact same way as the coach, absolute BS if he gets a murder charge for this.

ADVERTISEMENT