ADVERTISEMENT

Vitale has already started….

These national guys keep calling us spoiled, entitled fans. Dick is basically repeating that same sentiment with this tweet.

we are losing historically bad. Worst season in school history and a missed tourney, worst loss in history with the loss to saint peters, and a season where we are on the outside looking in for the tourney and losing big games by 20+ while also losing to bottom feeder teams in the SEC.

Please, tell me how being competitive in big games or even making the tournament Is too much to ask?

I have no problem with Vitale, or any other media personality, insisting that Cal can still coach…

…as long as he/they don’t berate us “hillbillys“ for vehemently disagreeing.

I have no problem with Vitale, or any other media personality, insisting that Cal can still coach…

…as long as he/they don’t berate us “hillbillys“ for vehemently disagreeing.
But, that's the real point of them speaking out isn't it? They get to defend their hero and belittle the fans at the same time. It's the same with the Michael Wilbon's of the world. They just don't like any criticism of their uninformed, purely suck-up positions.

Well played sir

Vitale loses what little objectivity he has when he develops personal friendships with these coaches

Dick has never been a friend to Cal or UK. Dick may be looking for his long gone coach K but Cal "ain't" him...

A real squirrel looking for a last nut type....

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I’ve had little to no use for Dukie V since he went off on BBN when Tubby left for Minnesota. He went on how UK and the fans ran him off. And blah blah blah. So while I admire his love of college basketball and all the work he’s done raising funds for cancer research. Don’t really care what he thinks.

Dick has never been a friend to Cal or UK. Dick may be looking for his long gone coach K but Cal "ain't" him...

A real squirrel looking for a last nut type....
What do you mean? CCC is a paison!!!

Dickie V defended BCG in year 2 and chastised Mitch for not giving him an extended contract.

Winston Bennet was one tough dude and so was Chuck Hayes if we had those two on this team when they were in college we would be doing much better.

Reactions: Kai Slater
Winston Bennet was one tough dude and so was Chuck Hayes if we had those two on this team when they were in college we would be doing much better.
What? You think having better players would make us better?? Say it ain't so!!

As for the thread, Vitale is right. And I never agree with Vitale. Cal is still a great coach. Cal hasn't lost anything coaching wise. But bad recruiting and player evaluation has come back to bite him, (us), with this team. Last season it was starting to show. But we had a great season last year anyway even with a porous defense. We were a 2 seed!!

Recruiting and player evaluation has been a fail for 3 years. Bust after bust and now we find ourselves with a 2 player team and only 1 and a half some nights.

Next year that changes. Recruiting is back on track. But we have to get thru this year first.

I'm ready for Cal to go too. Because of the players first mantra which leads to things like not playing Sharpe last season and things like that. I want a program first coach even if he's not as good as Cal.

And I don't care what dookie v thinks about it.

The reason Dick Vitale is a commentator is because he failed as a coach. So his opinion is not something I pay attention to
He was actually quite successful as a high school and college coach. He failed as an NBA coach, but that doesn't mean he was an overall failure. I know his style isn't for everyone, but he knows the game and is passionate about it.

He was actually quite successful as a high school and college coach. He failed as an NBA coach, but that doesn't mean he was an overall failure. I know his style isn't for everyone, but he knows the game and is passionate about it.
He's a biased clown that ruins any game he calls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT