ADVERTISEMENT

Video of Dean Wade practicing

I charted him at:
100% (1-for-1) One-handed, Left-handed, while holding a ball in right hand.
0% (0-for1) Traditional shot with right hand (only one ball in hands).

So unless the NCAA implements a middle school PE-inspired 2-balls-in-play game modification, I think we'll be okay.

Reactions: TM2013 and Himmels
I think he's sandbagging. Wearing purple jersey going thru drills with gray jerseys (could mean no contact). Just setting screens (no running). Psssh

Media released a photo of his foot. Looks like he's good to go.
th

With all the speculations coming from our expert fans, I can not wait until tomorrow, to see for myself what happens if he plays or not.

Weber just stated in the PC that Wade would be limited in his playing time, IF he played. Only spot minutes. I would be shocked if he could go without pain 2 weeks out form a stress fracture.

Jumping and running will be extremely difficult.

Reactions: TM2013
Weber just said in the press conference something along the lines of "he obviously won't be a 30-minute guy, but if he can play in 1 minute spurts he can do a lot to help us".

Not a clear answer either way from Bruce but sounds like he isn't expecting much.

Our roster is built to dominate guys like this. It doesn't appear to be difficult to being the leading scorer on a team like KSU that is offensively challenged. Not too worried.

In all cases this is not true (contrary to Calipari), but in this case I believe it is.....This game and the next (if we win) is not about what the other team does. It is about what our team does.

We come out with effort, perform and execute and we win the next 2 games easily. I don't care what either team does, they can not beat us with any player, scheme, style of play, etc. We have the better players and roster, top to bottom...

Coaches love doing this with injured players to try to get into the head of the other coach while creating their game plan. Cal is doing the same thing with Vanderbilt right now. I'm guessing it won't be announced until tomorrow whether he is playing or not, or he may just leave it a game time decision. I can guarantee our gameplan isn't altered at all by whether or not Dean Wade is playing.

I had never heard of the guy until he got injured. If he plays, don't leave him wide open from 3 or he's going to hit it. I would imagine they are going to set up plays to free him up for open shots. He's not going to be healthy enough to drive from the perimeter and make plays against our front court.

if he can play in 1 minute spurts he can do a lot to help us".
their coach must mean must mean playing exactly one 1 minute spurt when saying this cause he will be in the locker room with a fully broken foot headed to surgery after that just one minute of full on play

Explain to me how a guy can have a stress fracture in his foot and return after only 3 games missed. Stress fractures can be notorious for healing slowly.

Doesnt show much but he is at the practice with no boot, warming up

That tells us absolutely nothing. HUGE difference between just shooting around on a fractured foot and trying to sprint full speed, defend and make hard cuts on a fractured foot. Entirely different things.

Reactions: TM2013
I mean wow. Weber just flat says he’s not healed from a stress fracture but I’m gonna see what I can get away with anyway. I’m paraphrasing from the quotes above, but wow

Weber's gonna be in for a ton of shit if he allows this kid to play on a fractured foot and it makes it even worse. Lots of careers have been wrecked over the years by players attempting to play on broken feet when they shouldn't have.

I know the kid wants to play, But sometimes the coach has to veto the kid's wishes out of long term concern for the kid.

Last edited:
for those who know, how long does it take for a stress fracture to heal completely?
A heck.of a whole llo longer than two weeks.
Remember Jodie Meeks' stress fracture? He was out for what seemed like forever.
This kid is taking a big chance by playing.

If they guy had a stress fracture 3 weeks ago I can't imagine he is 100%. He may not have any pain due to being shot up but he has to be risking further injury.

He's going to play at not 100% so let him play. That's going to be to UKs benefit, not K-State. Let's hopes our guys make sure they go right at him the moment he steps on the court.

Reactions: ORCAT
i honestly don't see how a doctor could medically clear him to play..but honestly it will likely help us more than hurt us if he did cause well his foot is injured

ADVERTISEMENT