ADVERTISEMENT

Video of Dean Wade practicing

Do we have any videos of Vanderbilt practicing? I can't see whether he plays or not really making much difference. We are not playing Kansas, we are playing Kansas State. Not exactly a top team.

He looks like a poor man's Isaac Humphries. On the other hand, he's got the KAT slow-walk thing going on. That makes me nervous.

In this instance a slow walk may be bad for him and his team...

NOBODY comes back from injury and hits every shot, gets every rebound, and blocks every shot.
Let them play him. He either plays like shit and/or tires out quickly, messes up their tournament chemistry, or reinjures his stress fracture playing against the King of the sport.

Our roster is built to dominate guys like this. It doesn't appear to be difficult to being the leading scorer on a team like KSU that is offensively challenged. Not too worried.

In all cases this is not true (contrary to Calipari), but in this case I believe it is.....This game and the next (if we win) is not about what the other team does. It is about what our team does.

We come out with effort, perform and execute and we win the next 2 games easily. I don't care what either team does, they can not beat us with any player, scheme, style of play, etc. We have the better players and roster, top to bottom...

After watching that video I guess I'll just not bother to watch the game. We don't stand a chance with him standing flat-footed hitting a shot with just one hand.

[winking]

On a serious note... Whenever he is in the game I would put whoever are our fastest players on the court and make him chase them on defense and foul him every time he touches the ball. Lifting that foot while trying to shoot free throws will probably hurt like a mf'er. [smoke]

When you are that big and it's not completely healed it's going to hurt and get worse if you keep aggravating it. The first game back usually doesn't work out to good because you are hesitant to move and make hard cuts.

Reactions: TM2013 and Cindog28
I'll bet google knows.
I'll bet google knows.
Clever, dick! For those curious few:
In most cases, it takes from 6 to 8 weeks for a stress fracture to heal. More serious stress fractures can take longer. Although it can be hard to be sidelined with an injury, returning to activity too soon can put you at risk for larger, harder-to-heal stress fractures and an even longer down time.

Boy, we sure are scared of a goofy white dude hobbled by a stress fracture who scores a massive 16 ppg (when healthy)...

Plus. there is a lot of difference in standing out there shooting, and playing in a game. If just shooting meant you could play, Baker would have been back in January. Let's see how Wade does at full speed, in a game.

a few trips up and down the court and this dude is gonna break his foot in half. good call on the future career ending decision he is making.

Yep he has no business playing. Team Drs and Weber all should have to answer some very serious questions about this IF he actually plays.

Surely all he could do would be pick and pop while playing zone D

That guy is amazing. He shoots it one handed!

Shot the first one with his left hand and the second shot with his right hand!

How will Cal ever be able go game plan for that ability????

ADVERTISEMENT