ADVERTISEMENT

Vernon Carey....

Darezay

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2017
you all know I don’t like jumping to conclusions, but there is a LOT of Duke buzz after his official visit.

If he was deciding in the fall, I might worry about it. Since he'll likely wait until the spring, I'll go with a solid "meh".

Not that I don’t believe you, but where is this buzz coming from? I don’t do twitter, so I can miss things sometimes.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
you all know I don’t like jumping to conclusions, but there is a LOT of Duke buzz after his official visit.
You were tired of hearing about UK leading for a target but are concerned about Duke buzz for Carey. Hmm.

You - Tired of hearing “UK LEADS FOR ...” it never works out. Just stop. I’m not listening to how we lead for Wiseman, Carey, Brooks, etc. it’s all bogus. Let the kids decide and commit to wherever they want then we will see who led.

I'd be willing to bet the "buzz" from big recruits is always about the program they visited most recently, specially if it was Duke, UK, Kansas, UNC, and so on. Give it a week or two and see if the recency bias fades.

You were tired of hearing about UK leading for a target but are concerned about Duke buzz for Carey. Hmm.

You - Tired of hearing “UK LEADS FOR ...” it never works out. Just stop. I’m not listening to how we lead for Wiseman, Carey, Brooks, etc. it’s all bogus. Let the kids decide and commit to wherever they want then we will see who led.
Great post.

Reactions: anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y

Wow did you ever nail him. You Da Man.

Zinggggg!!!!!

Reactions: Cindog28

Cause it was from analysts not you hopefuls and optimists. Lol y’all funny on here it’s bad

Reactions: Newcat38
Is he? Well, then in that case, I might start to worry a bit. Duke is even more desperate than we are for 2019 bigs, so I assume they're pulling out all the $tops.
They have Bolden, white, robinson, delaueir (sp?) Joey baker, and..in their frontcourt plus their recent signed moore.
Our frontcourt of PJ , reid, ej, Richards and Johnson are talked about as being possibe first Rd picks...just saying we are more in need of frontcourt players..

I don't think Duke leads at all. They were just his last visit. It happens with us too, like with Stewart. It's just people grasping at straws most times. The truth is that I think we have already seen the best of dukes recruiting prowess and I think its fading. Losing Capel has been huge. I don't know where Carey is headed but I actually would be surprised if duke was the landing spot.

With all things being equal and fair, I don't understand why ANY recruit would go anywhere else but here. I mean, how much more proof do these guys need?! Hell, when is the last time duke had a player improve his draft stock after playing there?

Back to the equal and fair thing. That's the issue. As we all know and has been proven time an time again, everything isn't equal and fair. Cal and UK have to recruit with one hand tied behind their back. Just another testament to just how far superior this program truly is compared to our competition. Most of these other programs wouldn't be shit without the double standard that exists, especially duke.

There is buzz almost every time a kid gets back from a visit. That is why I don't pay a lot of attention to the crystal ball stuff. Seems like they change it every time a kid makes a visit. If they were right, the last school that gets a visit would always be the pick.

The media have adopted a “Duke until proven otherwise” attitude towards every player Duke so much as glances at.

Nominated for a "Postie"

computer.jpg

Nothing personal about this kid but anyone know any Vernon's growing up or in life. Just not a common name. Random question.

If ANYONE really can’t understand WHY a kid would chose Duke or UK, then that person is clearly not able to be unbiased

Nothing personal about this kid but anyone know any Vernon's growing up or in life. Just not a common name. Random question.
Yes. My friend's husband and another friend had a cross-eyed dog (poor thing was rescued after a bad car accident.) dog named Vernon. Needless to say the dog turned out to be the smarter of the two. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article149116614.html

Kevin Knox explains why he chose Kentucky over Duke and UNC
BY JONATHAN M. ALEXANDER
May 06, 2017

"Kevin Knox II said Kentucky’s coaching staff, its transition offense and the chance to develop into a great player, are the three reasons he chose the Wildcats over Duke, North Carolina, Missouri and Florida State.

Knox, a 6-9, 203-pound five-star wing, and the No. 8 ranked recruit in the country, announced his college decision on Twitter Saturday evening. He tweeted “Big Blue Nation Let’s Go,” and a picture of himself wearing a Kentucky jersey.

“It’s definitely a great school as far as getting players in the league,” Knox said in a phone interview Saturday night.

Knox said after talking with Kentucky’s coaching staff, he felt like they would be tough on him and would help him get to the next level. Knox has said in the past he wanted to go to a school for one year before declaring for the NBA draft.

Both Duke and UNC had high hopes for landing Knox. He met with UNC’s Roy Williams and Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski in February and March. He attended the Duke-Carolina game in Chapel Hill and had meetings with both coaches after the game.

Krzyzewski had hoped Knox would step in for Duke like freshman star Jayson Tatum did. And Williams had hoped Knox would step in for the Tar Heels like Justin Jackson, who won ACC Player of the Year, did.

“Duke and UNC are great schools,” Knox said. “Duke has coached a lot of players who were versatile. UNC had the three spot open with Justin Jackson leaving.

“But at Kentucky a lot of players are staying and coming in that will push me in practice every day to get better. I just trusted what the coaches were saying.”

ADVERTISEMENT