ADVERTISEMENT

Vasyl Lomachenko...

bigblueinsanity

All-American
Apr 13, 2002
Easily best pound for pound boxer today. Probably an all time great already. Also may be the best fighter in all of combat sports.

Insane fighter. Anyone else familiar with him?

Reactions: floatingyou
He can land bunches in bunches. Would like to see him now vs. Mayweather in his prime. Would he be able to get past those defenses enough to beat him on the card or even force him into a punchout?

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Dont-use-vaseline-on-new-tattoos.jpg

He can land bunches in bunches. Would like to see him now vs. Mayweather in his prime. Would he be able to get past those defenses enough to beat him on the card or even force him into a punchout?

Would be a great matchup.

Most thought Rigondeaux was one of the best defensive boxers in the game right now. Undefeated champion, two time Olympic gold medal winner.

Loma made him quit in the 6th round (the 4th in a row to refuse to continue). By that point, he'd landed only 15 punches, including 3 punches to the head. Never landing more than 3 punches in a round.

Just insane level of domination especially given the level of competition.

I don’t follow boxing but was curious to see a amazing display between these two titans of boxing. But I gotta say after watching the first round video , anybody in this thread could have survived that onslaught of shadow punches.

I don’t follow boxing but was curious to see a amazing display between these two titans of boxing. But I gotta say after watching the first round video , anybody in this thread could have survived that onslaught of shadow punches.

Xception, you get first shot at these guys. I’ll be right behind you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nothing to do with power. These are pretty small guys. It's about evasiveness, hand speed, and foot work.

Perfect example is about 1:10 into that video. Loma not only avoids the punch, his inhuman level of footwork took him directly behind his opponent.

That's basically unheard of and Loma does it with regularity. This wasn't some bum he was fighting. It was an undefeated champion. He quit like the 3 fighters before him. Not because they were beaten to a pull. It's because they were getting so outclassed, it was embarrassing.

Nothing to do with power. These are pretty small guys. It's about evasiveness, hand speed, and foot work.

Perfect example is about 1:10 into that video. Loma not only avoids the punch, his inhuman level of footwork took him directly behind his opponent.

That's basically unheard of and Loma does it with regularity. This wasn't some bum he was fighting. It was an undefeated champion. He quit like the 3 fighters before him. Not because they were beaten to a pull. It's because they were getting so outclassed, it was embarrassing.
I didn’t expect a bloodbath but they hardly landed any punches in the first round I watched. In fact it looked like they were just threatening each other with potential acts of violence, yet nobody followed through on that promise. It was some fancy dancing and it looked like they knew a thing or two about mobility but I thought people had to be hit. I’m out of touch with boxing these days because I’d of sent both these mf’s home with zero on their card.

I didn’t expect a bloodbath but they hardly landed any punches in the first round I watched. In fact it looked like they were just threatening each other with potential acts of violence, yet nobody followed through on that promise. It was some fancy dancing and it looked like they knew a thing or two about mobility but I thought people had to be hit. I’m out of touch with boxing these days because I’d of sent both these mf’s home with zero on their card.

Honestly I'm not a huge boxing fan either. He's the only fighter I'll watch because of his footwork head movement and hand speed.

Check out his highlights on YouTube. He does things noone ever has.

Reactions: BleedinBlue85
ADVERTISEMENT