ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy AD wanting freshman ineligible in the SEC

Originally posted by TNCatfanforever:
They started 3 this year. All this freshman talk is totally directed at slowing down the Cal train.
Assuming he cares about education, someone needs to tell the Vandy AD that it doesn't matter if the kids aren't getting an education (see UNC***). I would be willing to listen to these guys IF IF IF they would first address the issue of athletes taking fraudulent classes.

Obviously the best of the best would go play for pay somewhere else. However could you imagine what Cal will do with an extra year for ALL of his players? WOW!

Originally posted by true blue1:
I've always thought Vandy needed to be in the Ivy League!
I always thought they needed to be in the NAIA!
wink.r191677.gif

The Vandy AD should fix their jacked up bench and shot clock placement before ever suggesting a change to the game.

I thought Vandy no longer had an AD or Athletic Dept. For that matter. Didn't they eliminate the AD position a few years back?

I wish they'd just be honest and insert the word "good" before freshmen. Nobody thought anything was being ruined when the coach's 6-foot son was playing spot minutes at point guard. He was somehow still taking classes and growing into an adult and getting the college experience.

So at the beginning of the year we send out a lineup that looks like this:

Andrew
Aaron
Poy
Lee/Dakari
WCS

Can Vandy beat us with that lineup? Didn't think so.

While we are at it let's nail up a couple of peach baskets,have a jump ball after every score and do away with the shot clock.We can wait for the next Adolph Rupp to come along and reinvent the fast break,now we are talking real progress.

Vandy has the option of telling recruits that they will not see the floor as freshmen

hmmm think OP means Vandys president..last time i looked Vandy disbanded their AD dept, and president his crew handles it all? In which makes more sense him saying this!

Does Vandy even have an athletic department? I thought they closed that down a few years ago?
But, if it means that much to them, they should feel free to sit their freshmen every year. Good luck with that.

I don't see what the big deal is, if Vandy really wants their freshmen to be ineligible they should just send them to Kansas.

mebeblue2 and xzandernm have it right. They need to unilaterally make their freshmen ineligible. That would make a huge statement.

Originally posted by Kramer318:
Never gonna happen. Totally ridiculous.
Yes. So, is this just some way to mess with UK's recruiting? What's the point here?????

This discussion should not even occur...just stupid. If conferences do this there will be a mass exodus of the best high school seniors to professional ball over seas before returning to play in the NBA. Tell me how that will benefit college basketball?

The Vandy AD should fix their jacked up bench and shot clock placement before ever suggesting a change to the game.
3/23 10:34 PM | IP: Logged

They have forced them to at least allow coaches to coach from the sidelines

We could just set a limit on play time….no more that 10 minutes for a freshman…..l20 for a soph….25 for a Jr….and 35 for a Sr……. Then we could also even the pay of all division 1 head coaches to 1.5 million/year…..Kind of even out the playing field for smaller schools and take away the advantage of blueblood schools……. Then we could even out the wages of all American citizens so that affordability of the tickets to attend is level and would help to even out any advantage one team might have over another in neutral site games……the equal distribution of wealth throughout the citizenship would also get rid of any booster advantage one program might have over another……Change the name of the NCAA to MCAA (Marxist)……

If all these schools and conferences think its such a great idea to make freshmen eneligible then by all means do it!!
What are you waiting for? if u think its better for your school and your student athletes then why announce it??
Just implement it. Be the first ones to show how great of an idea it is. Lead by example.
We'll all wait here while u do that
rolleyes.r191677.gif

I really don't think the conference is interested in doing something that damages UK basketball.

UK is a big deal, and the SEC loves it.

I actually miss the old days when they were real student athletes and the first year was about studies. However, since it's Vandy's AD...well, I am genetically incapable of agreeing with him. If he and Pitino had his way, UK could never recruit anyone over 5 feet tall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT