ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt?

CatCall

Freshman
May 22, 2002
Denver
I saw where there was some discussion on the Premium thread (according to Rowland). Anyone get any word what happened with his ankle? The longer we don't hear anything the more I think there could be a real issue.

An injury is never going to be premium news. In fact, all you'll get with premium news are predictions and then sometimes explanations if the predictions don't come true.

There's no need to keep anything quiet anyway. We don't play for 7 months. At worst, he'll miss some summer work and everyone here will label him injury prone because they read in some thread that he was hurt in a totally different way once before.

I don't know the extend of the injury or anything.

But, stress fractures are common with big young kids. Their bodies grow so much that it takes time for the bones to catch up and be a full strength.

Hope it's nothing major for the kid. He's a talent.

I could only dream about having a kid that size that I could trust to be a playmaker at the free throw line against a zone.

Reactions: spotter34

But, stress fractures are common with big young kids. Their bodies grow so much that it takes time for the bones to catch up and be a full strength.

I could only dream about having a kid that size that I could trust to be a playmaker at the free throw line against a zone.
I bet that is what it is . We may never know but regardless it ain't going to effect next season as he will be healed by the time camp opens up I would guess.

Reactions: railroadkat_1
Some of you sound like a politician trying to answer a question. No facts just a lot of bull. :smiley:

Reactions: UKEE
He had to have it amputated. That's the real premium info.

Just a word of advise. Statements like this may not set well with some members. Use some sense before posting. It doesn't bother me but may offend someone else. I'm a below the knee amputee on my left leg for 17 years! It's a life changing experience and one you or anyone else would struggle with. Think! Yes I do walk a little slower and sometimes with a limp. Any other questions?

Just a word of advise. Statements like this may not set well with some members. Use some sense before posting. It doesn't bother me but may offend someone else. I'm a below the knee amputee on my left leg for 17 years! It's a life changing experience and one you or anyone else would struggle with. Think! Yes I do walk a little slower and sometimes with a limp. Any other questions?

Sure sounds like it bothered you.

I'm sorry for your injury, and I have 2 military friends that are amputees, taken a lot of jokes from friends and dished it back - all good natured.

I'm so sorry that you have had to deal with that. I'd never make a joke about someone who was actually dealing with that. I just thought it was a bit funny that the OP was asking if his injury was premium info. Also, talking about him walking slower had nothing to do with people who have dealt with that, and I was talking about the running joke on this board about Karl Towns walking slowly. Sorry if I offended you.

Do kids not drink milk these days?

Sure sounds like it bothered you.

I'm sorry for your injury, and I have 2 military friends that are amputees, taken a lot of jokes from friends and dished it back - all good natured.

Thanks Brian I realize the Mr_GG didn't think about anyone and it was a joke. I really went to far. You have to have a strong will to overcome one and a sense of humor to boot. I'd like to stay in a respected view on this board! No hard feelings here!

Hey Mr_GG I'm sorry about going a little far and I apologize to you! We're good. Just a few mixed comments flared me up. I know you didn't mean it the way I momentarily took it. Let's discuss some UK basketball

Reactions: Mr_GG
I'm so sorry that you have had to deal with that. I'd never make a joke about someone who was actually dealing with that. I just thought it was a bit funny that the OP was asking if his injury was premium info. Also, talking about him walking slower had nothing to do with people who have dealt with that, and I was talking about the running joke on this board about Karl Towns walking slowly. Sorry if I offended you.

There is always someone dealing with it nowadays. :cry:

Sorry for your struggles. However this is a message board and the guy didnt even know you existed. It was a harmless joke that you took personal and acting as if he should know your situation. Again, i hate that this misfortune befell you but this country is so tender hearted EVERYONE is offended. Im 100% SURE it wasnt personal.

Update Hot Off the Press........ He is alive and must rest. No operation. No amputation. Kentucky is his destination. Haw Haw Hee Hee. This thread got way toooooo serious. Can't we just all get along?

Why is this brand of racism acceptable?

Thanks Brian I realize the Mr_GG didn't think about anyone and it was a joke. I really went to far. You have to have a strong will to overcome one and a sense of humor to boot. I'd like to stay in a respected view on this board! No hard feelings here!

I have always respected you brother, and still do!

Reactions: railroadkat_1
ADVERTISEMENT