ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt to Draft

I love all of our players past and present but someone correct me if I’m wrong. You can only test the waters and come back to school one time.

Why would you use it during a season you played in what 14 games? And some of those hardly played. Even in the games that he did play in he couldn’t hit a shot that was a GD dunk. What if he has a less than expected year and is on the fringe of even being drafted again after next season?

Because he’s 100 gone after next year even if he comes back, so he only needs one mulligan.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I told you guys 2 months ago that the Vanderbilt camp was scared his injuries were going to cost him money. They want that paycheck, and the injuries have them rattled.

So if his camp is worried about injuries ... but NBA teams/ GM’s won’t be worried? They’re going to give him a multi million $$ contract despite him not even playing more than a handful of games ?

Absolutely NO WAY he is drafted this year. He and his “circle” would be making an ignorant decision.

Just because someone DREAMS of playing in the nba for millions (who freaking doesn’t?) doesn’t mean it should be attainable after an injury induced / lackluster season.

I’m in the camp that thinks he’s just going for feedback/ evaluation because i can’t fathom how people could make such an ignorant business decision

The next person to do the "Brad is next" joke deserves a ban.

Jeez, talk about beating a line to death, Lord only knows how many times I've seen it the last couple weeks.

Is he?:rolleyes:

The Vanderbilt camp knows that NBA teams will wait for young injured players to get healthy (Simmons, Embiid, Fultz...)

But they are scared to death of him playing another season for free, and the injuries keep mounting.

That makes absolutely no sense ...

Are you insinuating that Vanderbilt is on the same level of Simmons, Fultz etc?

So if his camp is worried about injuries ... but NBA teams/ GM’s won’t be worried? They’re going to give him a multi million $$ contract despite him not even playing more than a handful of games ?

Absolutely NO WAY he is drafted this year. He and his “circle” would be making an ignorant decision.

Just because someone DREAMS of playing in the nba for millions (who freaking doesn’t?) doesn’t mean it should be attainable after an injury induced / lackluster season.

I’m in the camp that thinks he’s just going for feedback/ evaluation because i can’t fathom how people could make such an ignorant business decision

His talent is obvious. A team could draft him with a late pick, turn him over to their team doctors, and in a year that team could be lauded for "the steal of the draft."

But above all else, don't underestimate how much Vanderbilt's injuries have scared his camp. They view Jarred as their meal ticket. They are terrified of him returning to UK, getting hurt again, and his draft stock being irreparably ruined. So if they think he can get paid this summer, they are advising him to do so.

His talent is obvious. A team could draft him with a late pick, turn him over to their team doctors, and in a year that team could be lauded for "the steal of the draft."

But above all else, don't underestimate how much Vanderbilt's injuries have scared his camp. They view Jarred as their meal ticket. They are terrified of him returning to UK, getting hurt again, and his draft stock being irreparably ruined. So if they think he can get paid this summer, they are advising him to do so.

You may be right.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Probably none. We wouldn't have been in the position every single year like we are under Cal. Or would you rather have Tubby and Billy G back?

Several would and then after about five games they'd start belly aching about UK needing a coach like Cal. Go figure but that is exactly how it would happen...

Reactions: Cindog28
Probably none. We wouldn't have been in the position every single year like we are under Cal. Or would you rather have Tubby and Billy G back?

That was my point. He would have had to say 5 final fours or more in eight years with another coach to do better than Cal, which is laughable.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Oh hell its already broken. It went to shit years ago. That first draft class with Cal may have hurt near as much as it helped. It started all this crap.
This is the single most moronic take ever on this board by the biggest Cal hating agenda driven POS that permanently resides here! Wow finally getting top notch recruits after year after year of Tubby’s pitiful recruiting and Billy Gs psychosis then the Wall group comes and gave us all hope again and put us back as a relevant Blue Blood program which we had slipped a bit from that lofty perch. Then 3 years later a National Title, another Championship game, total of 4 final fours and a 38 game same season winning streak and the system is broken???? So players don’t make the decisions we want.... boo friggin hoo. You all say it’s about the name on the front of the jersey not on the back and I totally agree....100%. So who gives a crap what the name says on the back of the jersey as long as the TEAM is in the hunt for the championship every year and since Cal has been her the Cats have been deep in the hunt for all but 2 years.

This is the single most moronic take ever on this board by the biggest Cal hating agenda driven POS that permanently resides here! Wow finally getting top notch recruits after year after year of Tubby’s pitiful recruiting and Billy Gs psychosis then the Wall group comes and gave us all hope again and put us back as a relevant Blue Blood program which we had slipped a bit from that lofty perch. Then 3 years later a National Title, another Championship game, total of 4 final fours and a 38 game same season winning streak and the system is broken???? So players don’t make the decisions we want.... boo friggin hoo. You all say it’s about the name on the front of the jersey not on the back and I totally agree....100%. So who gives a crap what the name says on the back of the jersey as long as the TEAM is in the hunt for the championship every year and since Cal has been her the Cats have been deep in the hunt for all but 2 years.

All but three years, to be fair- 2013, 2016, 2018 were years we were not legit contenders.

Not understanding how fans can be upset about this when it’s a win win for the players, other than fans being selfish and only wanting what’s best for them as fans. No issue with that as long as they admit it as well as admitting they don’t really care about players doing what’s best for them (which is why I always liked Cal since he doesn’t do that)

It is a 100% win win for Vanderbilt. He gets to get feed back straight from the teams, he gets to workout for them and learn little things, he could possibly get a promise and get a guaranteed contract. It’s ALL FREE, gets to play outside of the college system, and if teams don’t think he’s ready he can come back to Kentucky.

Someone please explain to me how this isn’t a damn WIN WIN SITUATION FOR VANDERBILT ????? Even Cal said years ago “I TELL EVERYONE OF MY PLAYERS TO TEST THE WATERS SINCE THEY HAVE THE OPTION OF COMING BACK”

This is getting stupid

THANK YOU. Those are the selfish people who are showing they really don’t care about the players hat come to UK, they only care what they can and do do for them

I don't understand why people act like this effects their life in some way. It's the kids life, let them live and learn from it.

THANK YOU. Those are the selfish people who are showing they really don’t care about the players hat come to UK, they only care what they can and do do for them

Cool. I’m sure you’d care a lot about them if they played somewhere else, right? Why do you care so much about them? Because they have KENTUCKY on the chest. That’s why.

If you think fans are supposed to just be more excited about guys going pro after a few months of being on campus more than actually hanging banners then you’ve drank the Kool-Aid.

Reactions: KFuqua
Really not news. Most folks had Vanderbilt as OAD at seasons start. Cal tells any kid that will listen to get legit feedback from the big boys.
Trouble comes if they disregard and jump anyway.

But in all honesty.....JV is about oneore ankle injury from being in the free agent pool. If he could get GUARANTEED money tomorrow, it would be a smart choice.

Where did Derek Anderson go in the draft?
Where would he have gone a few months before his knee blew out?

I love UK basketball. I despise one and done and 'quick jumps'. These young guys have to take care of themselves though..and for every hundred of us saying no way, there is someone close to them that they trust saying jump.

So let me get this straight. We have a kid who can barely walk that declares , one with 9 functioning fingers that declares, and one who doesn’t really want to be here? Is this “The Kentucky Way”?

JV was a lock to go to the combine regardless of the decision...he comes back and strikes lottery gold next year.

1520559920_aedf.jpg

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Who is his “camp?”

I mean I'm as tired as anyone of the constant roster turnover but declaring without an agent to see where you stand is a logical thing to do for anyone who has any shot of being drafted

ADVERTISEMENT