ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt to Draft

Wouldn't surprise me if he comes back, has surgery, but doesn't play. Drags it out game after game always getting closer but doesn't play.
Then leaves after next season.
lol I can’t put into words how pissed I’d be. He’d jump to the top of the list of most disliked Cats ever for me. If this were happening with him in the pre Cal era it wouldn’t really bother me but I’m so fed up with all the all of the stupid decisions to leave early on top of the good ones that I have zero tolerance for anyone who doesn’t give it all they have while here. Not too much to ask for one or two damn years.

I think what has some in an uproar, most of us felt like we would get a few of these guys back. That may still be the case, however this has gone down a bit different than most years. Maybe it was the hopeful thinking we did that got us into a frenzy.....What I hate is we can't go too..hehe

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Again, players can go talk to teams and get feedback about their game without working out or doing drills or anything.

Think of this as like a free job interview session. Teams don't just breakdown your workouts with them. That's after this phase. Nerlens Noel went through this process after having ACL surgery. They watch your tape and discuss your strengths and weaknesses.

Reactions: ashbergh and 1war
lol I can’t put into words how pissed I’d be. He’d jump to the top of the list of most disliked Cats ever for me. If this were happening with him in the pre Cal era it wouldn’t really bother me but I’m so fed up with all the all of the stupid decisions to leave early on top of the good ones that I have zero tolerance for anyone who doesn’t give it all they have while here. Not too much to ask for one or two damn years.

Good for him. Let him test the waters. The constant selfish hand wringing chicken Little’s are the only ones upset for the young man.

I hope the young man does what is truly best for him.

Reactions: JDHoss
I am at a loss with our fans sometimes. It is a free opportunity to get feedback. Why wouldn't he take advantage of this? Now if he gets told no shot and still leaves then that is the problem.

Him not going to see what NBA scouts tell him would be stupid. It is for this reason the NCAA made it more friendly for kids to get the feedback. Now nobody can control if they still do something stupid but at least it is an informed stupid decision.
This is 100% correct. I still get surprised by how many people on this board don't understand how this stuff works.

Reactions: JDHoss
By the way, if some team tells them they'll draft him and let him rehab and get healthy and give him a guaranteed contract, he absolutely better go no matter where that draft spot is.

I don't think the kid will ever be healthy. He hasn't been for like three seasons.

No clue why people on this board get so butt hurt about going through the process and getting evaluated. It's smart. He didn't hire an agent. CTFD people.

Reactions: WildMoon
Sorta surprising that he did this but as I have said before when you have 0% of being in college as a junior why not get in front of NBA people for a few days? Not worried about him actually leaving in the least. Literally of the 100 or so guys who entered the draft and didn't hire agents this is the one of the guys least likely to stay in draft due to injury.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
By the way, if some team tells them they'll draft him and let him rehab and get healthy and give him a guaranteed contract, he absolutely better go no matter where that draft spot is.

I don't think the kid will ever be healthy. He hasn't been for like three seasons.
Agree,if he can get that deal it is a no brainer. If you consider it from the UK team/fan standpoint I would rather have a healthy grad transfer as a question mark Vanderbilt.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Good for him. Let him test the waters. The constant selfish hand wringing chicken Little’s are the only ones upset for the young man.

I hope the young man does what is truly best for him.

"Selfish"

Everyone has their own interests and it's fine.

Cal and the players have their own interests and fans have their interests. It's quite simple. Many of us don't give a crap about the basic premise of an individual getting wealthy and going to play ball professionally. We are fans of Kentucky, our "selfishness" is to see Kentucky win and for us to enjoy seeing the program hang banners and add to the tradition; not just serve as a minor league team with no success.

Why so many think that we should all be commanded to just blindly be excited because guys who spent six or seven months on campus, didn't win anything and were super eager to leave, declare for the draft. "It's their dream." Okay. So? Great. I'd like to see Kentucky win 11 championships. That's my dream. Both are okay to have. I'm not going to puff my chest out because a guy is simply getting rich. But you come here, play your heart out, actually add to the legacy then yeah, it makes it a lot easier to cheer you on to get your dreams.

But losing 11 games, get a 5 seed and get bounced by 9 seed K-State and then have six guys possibly go pro, putting Kentucky in a difficult spot to actually get a championship? Why should that make anyone happy? We are fans, not Calipari.

ADVERTISEMENT