ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt NOT attending NBA combine

We may get him back for surgery and a long convalescence followed by an abbreviated season on the court next season.
15. Over/under on how many games JV plays for us IF he comes back.
I am saying under

Well Cal kinda forgot how to recruit oneNdone he isn't getting those kind of players now they go to KU or Duke. JV and PJ are not one then pro players. NOBODY last year was sayin they were and they had bad years.
They had bad years? Vamderbikt was injured but played well minus shooting when he played. He was never 100%. PJ Washington averaged 10.8 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 1.5 assist as a freshman. Very solid numbers. He was the reason we lost kansas state game by missed free throws, and he was the reason we were even in that game. He had 18 points, 15 rebounds that game. Of he was 2-3 inches taller he wpuld be a garenteed 1st rounder and have an agent by now.

They had bad years? Vamderbikt was injured but played well minus shooting when he played. He was never 100%. PJ Washington averaged 10.8 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 1.5 assist as a freshman. Very solid numbers. He was the reason we lost kansas state game by missed free throws, and he was the reason we were even in that game. He had 18 points, 15 rebounds that game. Of he was 2-3 inches taller he wpuld be a garenteed 1st rounder and have an agent by now.

If he was the reason why we were in it what does that tell you about guys trying to go pro here when they shouldn't? PJ can't beat K State yet thinks a GM will should pay him to play on his team?

If you don't think PJ had a bad year then your crazy. He had maybe 6 good games and one great one at best this year. Are you telling me he should be a top 40 player taken this draft?

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Just goes to show you Cal only recruits players that only want to go pro. Not for the program.

If UK is going to be a big time program again like 3 years ago he must get kids like Miller/Jones/MKG/Towns guys that really like the college game.

We wonder why we have no more sell outs at Rupp.

To be fair, every player recruited to major D1 programs want to go pro. They either arent good enough or ARE good enough and have selfish coaches who are partly influenced by selfish fans programs to convince the kids to come back to make them look better while the athletes lose out potentially on millions. I have no problem with and actually enjoy every player we get going out and testing the waters. See where you stack up. Get feed back. Find out what you need to work on to be an NBA caliber player. I just genuinely didn't understand how Vanderbilt was going to go through the process with 1.5 feet.

Lmao..you have to love the people that feel special when they find a grammatical error in a message board posting. Like, people come here wanting to prove their grammatical chops to other posters. Nice job guy, you did good tonight.
You called me out for saying Hagens instead of Hagans?

Your making too much since for all of the NBA fans on here.

I’ll also add that players receive a stipend, the best coaching, great workout facilities, great medical care and trainers, and the exposure to show off their talents.

Don’t forget, they eat real god too

Does this pretty much mean he is back?
Well one thing is for sure, if he still leaves UK then that truly means there is a problem. When guys would rather walk away from the stage that UK provides them to play in the D league or overseas, that tells me it either too hard at UK or something's up.
I mean guys like Wenyen, PJ and JV could easily lock in a 1st round spot in the 2019 draft if they came back for another year. Surely they can see that.

Going through the draft whilst injured would be a risky move unless you can get a promise from a team that believes in your upside.

He’ll stay in the draft anyway

I’m thinking he will get a couple million guaranteed from a team plus medical paid for. I think a team will take him and give him a season to recover. I mean the nba draft is all about potential and who has more than an injured Vanderbilt. Healthy and a full season he coulda been a top ten pick

Just goes to show you Cal only recruits players that only want to go pro. Not for the program.

If UK is going to be a big time program again like 3 years ago he must get kids like Miller/Jones/MKG/Towns guys that really like the college game.

I wonder why we have fans, if indeed you are a UK fan, like you. Just rotten luck I suppose.

I’m thinking he will get a couple million guaranteed from a team plus medical paid for. I think a team will take him and give him a season to recover. I mean the nba draft is all about potential and who has more than an injured Vanderbilt. Healthy and a full season he coulda been a top ten pick

So what, a team at the back of the draft sees a potential steal and gives him a promise to draft him?

He's gonna be our teams superstar next season and far and away our best all around player, who just so happens to lead us to the title, and he will go down as an All time great at UK for bringing #9 home. Can't wait to see him healthy (hopefully) and ready for action with an entire preseason under his belt. If he can stay healthy and get a preseason in, he'll be a first team AA looking at a chance for NPOY. I guarantee he'll be an AA if he can stay healthy, no doubt in my mind about it.

He's gonna be our teams superstar next season and far and away our best all around player, who just so happens to lead us to the title, and he will go down as an All time great at UK for bringing #9 home. Can't wait to see him healthy (hopefully) and ready for action with an entire preseason under his belt. If he can stay healthy and get a preseason in, he'll be a first team AA looking at a chance for NPOY. I guarantee he'll be an AA if he can stay healthy, no doubt in my mind about it.

HUH??? Cane did you change your user name??

Really. You are clueless.

Well one thing is for sure, if he still leaves UK then that truly means there is a problem. When guys would rather walk away from the stage that UK provides them to play in the D league or overseas, that tells me it either too hard at UK or something's up.
I mean guys like Wenyen, PJ and JV could easily lock in a 1st round spot in the 2019 draft if they came back for another year. Surely they can see that.

I certainly get the risk, but it is funny: Just one more year. We're not asking them to sign a multi-year contract. And if they are as good as they think they are, and think they can be (it is the lesser college game, after all) they'll be able to be drafted in a better spot.

And also, how many careers have been TRULY ruined by coming back? Robbie Hummel? Maybe? Plenty of kids come back and NOTHING happens.. Something like that just doesn't happen often.

I do think they just want to get evaluated and learn the process..

Reactions: kyjeff1
I certainly get the risk, but it is funny: Just one more year. We're not asking them to sign a multi-year contract. And if they are as good as they think they are, and think they can be (it is the lesser college game, after all) they'll be able to be drafted in a better spot.

And also, how many careers have been TRULY ruined by coming back? Robbie Hummel? Maybe? Plenty of kids come back and NOTHING happens.. Something like that just doesn't happen often.

I do think they just want to get evaluated and learn the process..
And for every Robbie Hummel there's a Buddy Heild.
But even the Hummel situation doesn't count because he really wasn't good enough to go pro until he started blowing his knees out.
To me, it's a no brainer, if I'm the parent of JV, PJ or WG, I'm telling them to go back to UK. They haven't done enough yet to even think about the NBA and UK gives you the best stage, facilities and living arrangements

ADVERTISEMENT