ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt NOT attending NBA combine

Yeah it’d be so much for you to go through. Having a player go through months of rehab and work to get back and play for free is almost too much on a fan, I agree.
I wish I could have played for tuition room and board when I was in school and maybe I could have not have had to work 20 hours per week and bypassed those student loans.

I wish I could have played for tuition room and board when I was in school and maybe I could have not have had to work 20 hours per week and bypassed those student loans.
Your making too much since for all of the NBA fans on here.

I’ll also add that players receive a stipend, the best coaching, great workout facilities, great medical care and trainers, and the exposure to show off their talents.

He has been promised a 1st or early 2nd round pick and hes gone for sure, or NBA teams have told him they arent drafting him until they see him have a healthy season and is back. I think its truly 50/50 with this news.

KU fan here. Always Identify so not labeled a troll.

I sincerely hope the young man has a full recovery and comes back to UK. Anyone who wishes I’ll for a kid is not a fan, they are an a##hole.

It’s shitty luck for a guy with his upside to be hampered by injuries.

IMHO he should do what the doctors ask, then return to UK, play as much as the medical staff allow, THEN make a decision.

Who even KNOWS how good this guy could be were he injury free?

I wish him the best. He, like most UK kids, seems like a good fella.

Yeah it’s nice, but the entitlement of people because they happen to root for a college sports team is nauseating and an embarrassing mark on our fan base for those who aren’t selfish a-holes.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
I dont get how it would of worked anyway. Was he going to do the lane agility test in a wheelchair?

We may get him back for surgery and a long convalescence followed by an abbreviated season on the court next season.
that's just what we get if he wanted to play next season he would have already had his surgery not getting my hopes up

Reactions: KyFaninNC
If the injury is so bad that he can't go through some drills, when is he getting the surgery? When will he be ready?

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Call me crazy, but if I were a GM of a basketball organization anywhere in the world, I would never cut a check for a player coming in fresh off another injury.

Reactions: kev69 and Cats192
I really want to see what JV can do injury free. Not only physically healthy but mentally as well. All these injuries have had to change his mind set when he finally makes it on to the court.

It’s a shame for the guy that he hasn’t been able to display all the talent that he possesses. I know this is a bold statement, but: I truly believe that if he does get healthy and plays long enough to free his mind of any limitations, Vanderbilt would be in the upper echelon of players we have had at UK during the Cal era. I’m talking AD, Wall, Boogie level.

Fingers crossed we get to see that. Seems like a great guy. Wish the best for him.

Reactions: JC43
I dont get how it would of worked anyway. Was he going to do the lane agility test in a wheelchair?

Just goes to show you Cal only recruits players that only want to go pro. Not for the program.

If UK is going to be a big time program again like 3 years ago he must get kids like Miller/Jones/MKG/Towns guys that really like the college game.

We wonder why we have no more sell outs at Rupp.

Just goes to show you Cal only recruits players that only want to go pro. Not for the program.

If UK is going to be a big time program again like 3 years ago he must get kids like Miller/Jones/MKG/Towns guys that really like the college game.

We wonder why we have no more sell outs at Rupp.
Two of which went pro after one year. They didn't love the college game that much.

He has been promised a 1st or early 2nd round pick and hes gone for sure, or NBA teams have told him they arent drafting him until they see him have a healthy season and is back. I think its truly 50/50 with this news.
I was thinking similar which he's been given a guarantee for first round which isn't happening or he's coming back to earn the first round in a weak draft next year. He will get a ton of pt. Like weynen, he can play the 3,4, and 5. Ej 4,5 Richards 4,5, and Washington 4,5. Keldon may see some time at 4 as well

Two of which went pro after one year. They didn't love the college game that much.

Well Cal kinda forgot how to recruit oneNdone he isn't getting those kind of players now they go to KU or Duke. JV and PJ are not one then pro players. NOBODY last year was sayin they were and they had bad years.

Reactions: mrbud
ADVERTISEMENT