ADVERTISEMENT

UT landed another 5-star

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Of course, he may flip to another team but that's at least 2 they've gotten commitments from. Not sure what their coach is selling but I think we better beat them now before he gets them on the right track. On paper, we should've won half the games the past 5 years but somehow manage to let them slip through our fingers. This year, we should have a decided advantage and we need to handle our business. We're even with them in the conference, imo, despite our head-to-head record and we need creep past them and stay ahead of them.

They had a pretty solid defense last year but their offense was atrocious. Theyve had sone guys and have just wasted them. Regardless, Tennessee is always #1 on the shitlist. Losing to them 2 yrs ago was flat out inexcusable. Last year Lynn getting stopped at the goalline was heartbreaking but it was one you can live with when you know we did what we could. Shame we didnt have them at the end of the year when Lynn had the offense really rolling.

They had a pretty solid defense last year but their offense was atrocious. Theyve had sone guys and have just wasted them. Regardless, Tennessee is always #1 on the shitlist. Losing to them 2 yrs ago was flat out inexcusable. Last year Lynn getting stopped at the goalline was heartbreaking but it was one you can live with when you know we did what we could. Shame we didnt have them at the end of the year when Lynn had the offense really rolling.

Agreed. I would have loved to play UT and USC again at the end of the season. Think both of those games are wins.

Question I'll always have on LB's goal line play was why run away from Stenberg?

Agreed. I would have loved to play UT and USC again at the end of the season. Think both of those games are wins.
Dont leave off Mississippi State.

Toss Florida in there too....I 100% believe with Terry under center we beat all 4 of UF, State, SC and UT last season. Gotta play the hand we are dealt. Lets be honest, the offense looked like crap the first two weeks...Arkansas and UT. I was a vocal doubter. The light went off for Lynn. Now Im not sure if I wanna see us throw the ball again! [laughing] i loved watching us demoralize the other team on LOS and just run it down their damn throat. Eddie Gran still hasnt gotten enough praise for the job he did.

Kentucky should have a decided advantage this year? Just laughable. We've won 6 in a row and will have a top defense and perhaps the nation's best OL. And an elite running back, dynamic front 7, elite coaching staff. Just laughable that you think Kentucky is miles ahead.

Kentucky should have a decided advantage this year? Just laughable. We've won 6 in a row and will have a top defense and perhaps the nation's best OL. And an elite running back, dynamic front 7, elite coaching staff. Just laughable that you think Kentucky is miles ahead.
What's laughable is you've pissed away a beautiful Saturday coming to this site.

That must be some really good stuff you're smoking. Nation's best OL? Sure you will. We'll see this year. Keep believing you're gonna be that much better this year.

Of course, he may flip to another team but that's at least 2 they've gotten commitments from. Not sure what their coach is selling but I think we better beat them now before he gets them on the right track. On paper, we should've won half the games the past 5 years but somehow manage to let them slip through our fingers. This year, we should have a decided advantage and we need to handle our business. We're even with them in the conference, imo, despite our head-to-head record and we need creep past them and stay ahead of them.
The games in Neyland. Tennessee returns experience everywhere but TE. You went 3-5 to our 5-3 in conference despite having a decidedly easier cross division pull. Where’s your “advantage?”

Wow. I hope you never struggle with depression. Better yet, I pray someone you love doesn’t. shit talking is one thing. Using the lowest moment in a kids life to talk shit deserves a ban but I know the mods won’t do anything to their own kind.
Very familiar with depression. Your take is a reach, sorry if your little feelings got hurt. Go back to your mother's basement.

Reactions: Poetax and jauk11
The games in Neyland. Tennessee returns experience everywhere but TE. You went 3-5 to our 5-3 in conference despite having a decidedly easier cross division pull. Where’s your “advantage?”

Simple. This year we will have a QB that can throw the ball, defenses won't be able to stack the LOS knowing we can't throw a two yard pass without it being an adventure. Still think the deciding play of last years game was not being able to throw a ten yard pass to a wide open TE that should have scored and instead having it intercepted with a long return..

Simple. This year we will have a QB that can throw the ball, defenses won't be able to stack the LOS knowing we can't throw a two yard pass without it being an adventure. Still think the deciding play of last years game was not being able to throw a ten yard pass to a wide open TE that should have scored and instead having it intercepted with a long return..
You had a QB who could throw 2 yrs ago and lost by 3 scores.

Reactions: Orange_N_White
Hangover game. You wouldn't know, because Tennessee hasn't played in a relevant football game in a long time. Thanks for that rent free space though.
Lol UK fans are posting about our class on this board. Rent was paid by y’all. Hell we played 6 in a row last season and y’all took a bye week before us because you knew that game was a must win and still blew it.

Lol UK fans are posting about our class on this board. Rent was paid by y’all. Hell we played 6 in a row last season and y’all took a bye week before us because you knew that game was a must win and still blew it.

You root for a football school that has a shyt football program. Good luck with that.

Reactions: jauk11

Weird how everyone keeps talking about their five stars yet when you go to their commit list they don't have even one. And despite their recent highly rated recruits their average for all their commits is still slightly below a 5.7 three star.

Maybe they should go back to their own board (if they have one) and brag about their class.

Reactions: TheBlueCat
Weird how everyone keeps talking about their five stars yet when you go to their commit list they don't have even one. And despite their recent highly rated recruits their average for all their commits is still slightly below a 5.7 three star.

Maybe they should go back to their own board (if they have one) and brag about their class.
Rivals hasn’t updated their rankings yet. Mike Farrell said both will be a five stah when they do.

That must be some really good stuff you're smoking. Nation's best OL? Sure you will. We'll see this year. Keep believing you're gonna be that much better this year.

Yes, Tennessee does return the country's best OL. 4 5 stars and a senior center
(Brandon Kennedy). Cade Mays who transferred from Georgia after starting for UGA his whole career, Wanya Morris, Darnell Wright, and the best lineman in the country, Trey Smith.

Reactions: Navyguy44
Rivals hasn’t updated their rankings yet. Mike Farrell said both will be a five stah when they do.

Will be? I thought you said they were. Our new 5.5 DL is going to be an all american, see how prognostications work?

UK averaged 6.3 YPA rushing last year, for everyone on the team, a great running WR playing QB and three very good RBs running the ball, what did your team average behind that best in the nation (LOL) offensive lilne? I doubt if you want to find that stat.

Reactions: JC CATS
Will be? I thought you said they were. Our new 5.5 DL is going to be an all american, see how prognostications work?

UK averaged 6.3 YPA rushing last year, for everyone on the team, a great running WR playing QB and three very good RBs running the ball, what did your team average behind that best in the nation (LOL) offensive lilne? I doubt if you want to find that stat.
They are on the composite. There’s 32 5 stars every year. Both are ranked in the top 32 so after the update, they’ll be 5 stars. The two tackles were freshmen. Freshmen All Americans but still freshmen. Another year will be great for them. Trey Smith being able to have padded practices again will help too. If Cade Mays gets cleared, they’ll be even better. You ran a glorified triple option so of course your YPC will be high. Navy had an even higher one than you. Would you trade OLs with them?

(Brandon Kennedy). Cade Mays who transferred from Georgia after starting for UGA his whole career, Wanya Morris, Darnell Wright, and the best lineman in the country, Trey Smith.
best o line hahahaha???? Where? Are you returning 4 starters from a candidate for the joe moore award?

They are on the composite. There’s 32 5 stars every year. Both are ranked in the top 32 so after the update, they’ll be 5 stars. The two tackles were freshmen. Freshmen All Americans but still freshmen. Another year will be great for them. Trey Smith being able to have padded practices again will help too. If Cade Mays gets cleared, they’ll be even better. You ran a glorified triple option so of course your YPC will be high. Navy had an even higher one than you. Would you trade OLs with them?
Whats the excuse for the previous 2 years when Kentucky also had one of the best rushing attacks in the country?

Reactions: jauk11

I would hate to be that 0.5 five star. And not only is your 6.0 guaranteed to be a five star, but your 5.9 will be also? lol

Did Navy play in the SEC? So what was your rushing average per carry behind that fantastic OL, must have been a lot higher than 6.3 YPA for the whole team, right, and you had the advantage that the D didn't know you were running the ball 90% of the time.. We have maybe the best OL coach in college football, proven.

Oh, forgive me, that must be old whathisname at Thug U.

Cade Mays is a very good guard, but he didn't start at Georgia for his "whole career". He took over at guard as a freshman when Ben Cleveland broke his leg against Missouri. Cade did start 18 out of 28 games at Georgia though and will be a good addition to Tennessee.

Congrats on beating the worst UT team in history. Probably won’t see that again under our current staff.

Congrats on beating two UK teams in 2012 and 2013 that won TWO OOC nobody games, and that lost to both in state teams, WKU and Transfer U.

No probably about it, you won't see that again from a UK team. Our AD threw away so many hundreds of millions of football money that it won't be allowed to happen again.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Who rates them the best online. Haven't even seen an article saying they were top 10. Uks online grades out higher than Uts. And is better. Doesn't matter that yours were rates higher in high school. UT proves every year that they can't develope players. Never seen a team do so little with so much

You would think their fans wouldn't be over here forever. They do have some weird posts though, usually with nothing that makes sense to back it up.

You don’t sell beer in Common Wealth Kroger Field , what the heck

Props to Pruitt for adjusting in the second half and selling out to stop the run with C1. He thought he could get away not doing that, but wasn't able. UK still ran for 4.75 yards/carry for the game, but couldn't get any points after the first quarter, so again, props to Pruitt for adjusting.

UT's receivers probably did more damage versus UK's secondary than any other team last season, but IMO the game hinged on UK coming up with zero points within Tennessee's 35 yard line three different times in the second half. When UK only had four total possessions in the second half they had to come away with 7-10 points.

UK's lack of a kicker last season hurt, but props to UT's defense for coming up big on three different fourth down plays.

Having said all that, I think the programs are closer than the wins and losses indicate the last three or four seasons. I think the amount of trash talk implies this reality, but UK needs to do its share and win. Two disappointing losses in a row to UT can't be swept under the rug.

you happen to see our QB’s cast on his hand?

The last sentence I assume is about Maurer? I hope not. I’d like to think nobody would make a snarky statement about a kid openly talking about suicide and his fight with depression.
So you start a mentally ill kid early in the season and he promptly gets a concussion. Next week you trot him out again and he gets either another concussion or aggravates a preexisting concussion. Sounds as if the HC is the one with mental illness.

ADVERTISEMENT