ADVERTISEMENT

UT fans talk about Stoops

More likely would be we have success and someone steals our offensive coordinator.

With the espn deal, and the looming SEC Game of the Day deal, speculated to be worth a billion dollars over a ten year time period, the likelihood of anyone stealing an assistant coach that we don’t want stolen grows thinner.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Maybe Ole Miss is a consideration given family history, but for me....I don't know that I would be inclined to entrust my NFL aspiring kid's fortunes to Lane Kiffin when I have Saban, Smart, and Swinney as available options.
GBB!

Has Saban or Smart ever had a QB do big things in the NFL? Dabo has had one very likely the 2nd very soon. No idea what Kiffin QBs have done. But Archie was in on the Kiffin hiring at OM, obviously he trust Cutt, but age is a factor. Kirby can recruit as well as anyone, but I dont think have a shot at young Manning.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Has Saban or Smart ever had a QB do big things in the NFL?

not sure what big things are but Tua moved up to a starting roll at Miami and Hurts has been a part time starter at Philly. Both of these players are very young but have performed well. I think Smart deserves more time before judgement is passed.

With the espn deal, and the looming SEC Game of the Day deal, speculated to be worth a billion dollars over a ten year time period, the likelihood of anyone stealing an assistant coach that we don’t want stolen grows thinner.
Not necessarily the case. We might be a less risk that an assistant leaves to take the same position at another place, but if a coordinator gets an offer to be a head coach, or if a position coach gets an offer to be a coordinator, there's a good chance the coach in question will take it.

Has Saban or Smart ever had a QB do big things in the NFL? Dabo has had one very likely the 2nd very soon. No idea what Kiffin QBs have done. But Archie was in on the Kiffin hiring at OM, obviously he trust Cutt, but age is a factor. Kirby can recruit as well as anyone, but I dont think have a shot at young Manning.
With the exception of Tua (and the jury is still out on him as far as the NFL goes), none of Saban's QBs were elite prospects and not a great deal was ever expected from them anyway. Jones looks like he might have played his way into elite status, though.

Not necessarily the case. We might be a less risk that an assistant leaves to take the same position at another place, but if a coordinator gets an offer to be a head coach, or if a position coach gets an offer to be a coordinator, there's a good chance the coach in question will take it.

Oh, sure, that’s a promotion. I was looking at lateral moves.

Could, say, an NC State or a Minnesota come in and pick off our DC to be DC?

Certainly not as likely since the big money started flowing.

ADVERTISEMENT