ADVERTISEMENT

UT fans talk about Stoops

RunninRichie

All-American
Sep 5, 2019

good laugh for this afternoon.

What a deluded bunch. They talk like they’re top shelf AND deserve top shelf. Neither is true. Stoops wouldn’t balk at going to UT because of high expectations. He’d balk because it’s a crap hole.Years of cheating and chicanery have caught up to them. They deserve self destruction

What a deluded bunch. They talk like they’re top shelf AND deserve top shelf. Neither is true. Stoops wouldn’t balk at going to UT because of high expectations. He’d balk because it’s a crap hole.Years of cheating and chicanery have caught up to them. They deserve self destruction
Vol Nation . com is a treasure trove of morons who think Tennessee is STILL a blue blood.

B0FqhKTIYAEqcFV.jpg

When they're rollin they still pour in 50% more money each year from ticket sales and such than UK. They've got all of the perks, so it makes it even more delicious when we smoke em. I like the current recipe and hope they stick to it

I read all 4 pages of that thread.

About one-in-five are reality based, stating that Stoops wouldn’t go there, and he’s likely better than they will hire.

The majority sound as though they had actually had a double-digit winning season in the last decade, or many of them, and are WAY too good for Mark Stoops.

The real upshot: until recently, any thread that had UT mentioned in it would have drawn several UT posters within an hour.

Now, only crickets are heard from Knoxville.

34-7!

They don't have an opening at this time, and it's hard to see any incentive for Stoops to take the job even if it was offered. Nonetheless, it appears that most of their fans, if the thread is a representative sample, disdain the hire that is not going to happen in the first place. They may be a bit delusional about market value at this point, though the previous fiasco should have taught them something. They're a lot more likely to poach a mid-major head coach or a P5 coordinator than to poach a SEC coach, especially one that just pounded them by 27 points.

They're a lot more likely to poach a mid-major head coach

I think the majority on the thread would like to get Hugh Freeze from Liberty. Should they do so, I have no doubt he would elevate their wins.

But he and his agent would require a heavy price . . . and the meetings for the contract would all have to occur at a Mississippi cross-roads at midnight.

I think the majority on the thread would like to get Hugh Freeze from Liberty. Should they do so, I have no doubt he would elevate their wins.

But he and his agent would require a heavy price . . . and the meetings for the contract would all have to occur at a Mississippi cross-roads at midnight.

Would that be at the Hattiesburg/Ellisville exit on 59 ?😰🍺

Almost to a person on Volnation feel Freeze is just waiting for Pruitt to be fired to take over, UT is his dream job. The only way he isn't the next head coach is if UT gets sanctions and decides to go in a different direction. But no worries, Chadwell at Coastal is waiting for the chance to get back to east Tennessee, coaching the Vols is also his dream job, but he is also a proven cheater.

They really believe every hot name in the coaching circles sees UT as their dream job. I am glad they hate Kirby and don't want him near Knoxville.

LOL!

I'm not worried about UT, but I am worried about a more stable big-name program making him a big offer. I've been very critical of CMS during his HC OJT, but with all that time and experience he has gained--he has us in a good spot with recruiting, retention, development, and the all-important OL/DL play. Pass-offense is the last piece of the puzzle, and we may be at the point of improvement with the new OC and a couple of good arms in the stable.

I'm certainly not interested in taking our first-time HC who has worked his way to proficiency (with the patience of the school/fanbase) and turning him over to UT!

GBB!

When they're rollin they still pour in 50% more money each year from ticket sales and such than UK. They've got all of the perks, so it makes it even more delicious when we smoke em. I like the current recipe and hope they stick to it

They also have that beautiful orange ready-to-detention-wear clothing line that everyone from coast-to-coast loves to purchase.

If they fire Pruitt they better hope they can get Peyton to coach them because if not they will be searching the high school ranks for their next coach.

If they fire Pruitt they better hope they can get Peyton to coach them because if not they will be searching the high school ranks for their next coach.
To this day I wonder how UT landed Manning, especially when he was all but ready to “get out of the SEC and carve his own path” at Michigan.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
They also have that beautiful orange ready-to-detention-wear clothing line that everyone from coast-to-coast loves to purchase.
They can go straight from Saturday morning community service to vawl tailgate and then into Neyland for a big vawl loss with their big orange sports gear (it is actually closer to "ear-wax-yellow" than orange, but who is paying attention anyway) :)

GBB!

They can go straight from Saturday morning community service to vawl tailgate and then into Neyland for a big vawl loss with their big orange sports gear (it is actually closer to "ear-wax-yellow" than orange, but who is paying attention anyway) :)

GBB!
then they call up paul finebaum and say "pawl just wait till next year jerome prooit and harrison bailey will beat your tide in knoxvulle" followed by a alabama fan calling in and sayin "pawl saban and thuh tide will roll em damn volunteers! jeremy prooit dont know what hes doing! ROW DAMN TIDE"

To this day I wonder how UT landed Manning, especially when he was all but ready to “get out of the SEC and carve his own path” at Michigan.
Not to defend UT, but I seriously doubt that it involved $50 handshakes. It's not like Peyton was from an impoverished family growing up.

The Mannings didnt need the money. But the think very highly of Cutclifft. He has some years on him , but if he promises to coach Archie's grandsons all 4 years Arch will end up at Duke.
Good point. Cutts is a great coach with lots of Manning history, but Duke is pretty light on supporting cast. Arch might go to the Devils, but I would also bet they'll give Bama & Ole Miss a hard look in the SEC. If Kirby Smart uses J.T. Daniels to convert UGA's offense into a high octane, Bulldog version of Bama's offense...maybe Athens? Believe Mullen is too much of a whack-job for him to go to UF, and LSU fell too far--too fast after the Burrow/Brady combo were dominant for a whisper. Thankfully, Tennessee is likely not even up for discussion with the dumpster fire they're stoking. Out of SEC (aside from Duke), I would think Clemson might be attractive and and maybe Texas (if Sark is firing hot).

GBB!

Good point. Cutts is a great coach with lots of Manning history, but Duke is pretty light on supporting cast. Arch might go to the Devils, but I would also bet they'll give Bama & Ole Miss a hard look in the SEC. If Kirby Smart uses J.T. Daniels to convert UGA's offense into a high octane, Bulldog version of Bama's offense...maybe Athens? Believe Mullen is too much of a whack-job for him to go to UF, and LSU fell too far--too fast after the Burrow/Brady combo were dominant for a whisper. Thankfully, Tennessee is likely not even up for discussion with the dumpster fire they're stoking. Out of SEC (aside from Duke), I would think Clemson might be attractive and and maybe Texas (if Sark is firing hot).

GBB!

I understand Cutt is getting some age on him and Duke will not have the players surrounding the QB like other schools will. But if he decides to go elsewhere, it is most likely OM, I guess Bama will be in the discussion, UGA will certainly offer but I dont think will be a factor, regardless of what Daniel's does, he was at about 90% this year. Hoping he is 100% for 21, he will have lots of receivers to throw to and all 5 backs are returning which is a surprise, I thought we would lose 1 maybe 2 I just dont see any of them getting more than 8-10 touches a game. Because I think we will be in the 45-55 percen range and not sure which is 55. Monken had people running open deep all year,but Bennett couldnt get the ball to them.

I will say this. UK and UGA both have coaches that have been stubborn about opening up the offense. I think Kirby loosened up when Daniel's started playing and as a fan the game was more exciting and enjoyable to watch, and this is from an old defensive coach. I think with the new hire CMS may have seen the way football is headed. Put 50 on the board and hope for a couple stops.

I understand Cutt is getting some age on him and Duke will not have the players surrounding the QB like other schools will. But if he decides to go elsewhere, it is most likely OM, I guess Bama will be in the discussion, UGA will certainly offer but I dont think will be a factor, regardless of what Daniel's does, he was at about 90% this year. Hoping he is 100% for 21, he will have lots of receivers to throw to and all 5 backs are returning which is a surprise, I thought we would lose 1 maybe 2 I just dont see any of them getting more than 8-10 touches a game. Because I think we will be in the 45-55 percen range and not sure which is 55. Monken had people running open deep all year,but Bennett couldnt get the ball to them.

I will say this. UK and UGA both have coaches that have been stubborn about opening up the offense. I think Kirby loosened up when Daniel's started playing and as a fan the game was more exciting and enjoyable to watch, and this is from an old defensive coach. I think with the new hire CMS may have seen the way football is headed. Put 50 on the board and hope for a couple stops.
Maybe Ole Miss is a consideration given family history, but for me....I don't know that I would be inclined to entrust my NFL aspiring kid's fortunes to Lane Kiffin when I have Saban, Smart, and Swinney as available options.
GBB!

I'm sure the coaching profession is just like anything else. I bet they talk amongst themselves just like everyone else. If Fulmer is meddling like the rumors say then no top tier coach will want to go there. They don't like being told what to do and how to do it. Top tier coaches have top tier ego's.

They are right and that’s not a knock on Stoops he’s a guy who will get you in a good bowl game most years and occasionally compete for a SEC East title. Maybe thinks will change but I don’t think he’s a guy who is competing with top SEC teams which means a top 5 or at least top 10 every year. The difference is what he’s doing is great for us but the crazy Vol fan base thinks they should every year be there with GA , Bama and LSU but those days likely are coming back.

LOL!

I'm not worried about UT, but I am worried about a more stable big-name program making him a big offer. I've been very critical of CMS during his HC OJT, but with all that time and experience he has gained--he has us in a good spot with recruiting, retention, development, and the all-important OL/DL play. Pass-offense is the last piece of the puzzle, and we may be at the point of improvement with the new OC and a couple of good arms in the stable.

I'm certainly not interested in taking our first-time HC who has worked his way to proficiency (with the patience of the school/fanbase) and turning him over to UT!

GBB!

Will never happen is my opinion the game has changed offense wins at the highest level. More likely would be we have success and someone steals our offensive coordinator.

I read all 4 pages of that thread.

About one-in-five are reality based, stating that Stoops wouldn’t go there, and he’s likely better than they will hire.

The majority sound as though they had actually had a double-digit winning season in the last decade, or many of them, and are WAY too good for Mark Stoops.

The real upshot: until recently, any thread that had UT mentioned in it would have drawn several UT posters within an hour.

Now, only crickets and "On On UofK"! are heard from Knoxville.

34-7!

Fixed it for ya...

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT