ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT/Soccer Thread

Cincy community activist groups are always trying to shake down developers. Just last year another group tried to get $22M for allowing a $500M expansion of Children's Hospital - a huge employer & economic engine. It's why I'd never live in Cincy proper & most large cities. Just power-hungry money grubbers.
No doubt. But if MLS gives them the last bid, apparently they wanted the club to play nice with these people. It's a constant struggle for those in power to maintain that power, those without power to get some and then at the same time to attract talent and businesses. The political drama is maybe the only part, other than pro sports, that makes this town feel much bigger than it really is.

Last edited:
Could be stadium naming rights or something else besides just the jersey.

It has nothing to do with stadium naming rights. It is strictly the jersey naming rights.

They really didn't even ask the Toyota Dealers if they would be willing to put up what Mercy is spending. They just made a deal with Mercy Health.

And MLS waiting for the announcement had zero to do with playing nice or political drama. It had everything to do with having an actual signed stadium plan in place.

Also, looks like they start in MLS NEXT season, jumping Nashville and Miami.

Gives them advantages in the draft.

Finally, FCC drew Minnesota United in US Open cup in the 4th round and while Minnesota won the coin flip for home match, they may move it to Cincinnati.

Not a bad day here.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
It has nothing to do with stadium naming rights. It is strictly the jersey naming rights.

They really didn't even ask the Toyota Dealers if they would be willing to put up what Mercy is spending. They just made a deal with Mercy Health.

And MLS waiting for the announcement had zero to do with playing nice or political drama. It had everything to do with having an actual signed stadium plan in place.
Haha. But that wasn't going to happen in this town without the drama. This consistently happens here as previously mentioned and if MLS did their homework, they knew this in advance. We can't even replace a 60-year old pipeline without politics rearing its ugly head.

Bale's goal was absolutely insane. One of the greatest of all time. But the game was lost when Salah was injured. And the goalkeeper made 2 inexcusable mistakes.

Real Madrid finds a way though...and beat some pretty stiff competition to win the trophy this season. It was deserved.

I hate Real Madrid. Bit Karous was straight ass. Liverpool need to invest big time in a keeper. My first pick would be Alisson from Roma.

Will be very interesting to see Liverpool next year. In some ways the injury to Salah may keep him there.
If they can keep the front 3 together it would be huge. They have a deal already bringing the best CM in the Bundesliga to Anfield in Naby Keita and if they add the likes of Nabil Fekir from Lyon they could get even better. Will be interesting to see if this was a lightning in a bottle year for Liverpool.

Next year should be a very interesting year. Sarri at Chelsea will be interesting to watch as well as if Chelsea loses some players since not being in UCL. I think it will take them a while to get because of how Sarri's style is based so much on scripted run making. I do think it suits players like Willian and Hazard. But I think Chelsea loses Kante and they desperately need a striker. I also think this is the last year Tottenham keeps the trio of Kane, Eriksen and Alli together. IMO only Alli remains. Arsenal under Unai Emery will be fun to watch. I think that's a really good hire and I think if Arsenal can sign who they are linked to (Sokratis, Soyuncu and a guy like Danilo Pereira at CDM I think they could be very formidable.

Also once again, if I'm Cincy I hire Louisville City's coach for MLS. Once again the far better side head 2 head.

Really enjoy how active our midfield is in this Bolivia game. Weah is nice. Really like Sargeant'' movement. It's also really nice to see a proactive midfield.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
Whelp. Time for another whiskey. And I’ll flip to watch Midway. It is Memorial Day after all. Thanks to all veterans alive or dead.

Reactions: BigBlueSean
If our team had an ounce of the fight and grit this team has had against Trinidad we would be warming up for russia. Team is relentless...

Reactions: BlueRaider22
ADVERTISEMENT