ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT/Soccer Thread

Huge for Nashville. There is talk that Sacramento may miss out and Cincy is in. That would be great.

Talked to a buddy that works for FC Cincy.... Said they're almost certain Cincy is gonna be left out. Growing sentiment is it's Sacramento. Says so much about the league in itself than it does about Cincy.

Yeah, if you've spent any time in this town you're ready for the other shoe to drop. If FCC was getting one, they easily could have been named already.

Same for the other teams.

Also, Sacramento yesterday sent out a drastic plea to add another billionaire to its ownership as Meg Whitman dropped out.

Utter Domination by Barcelona at the Bernabeau in El Clasico! Zidane got his tactics way wrong.

I watched it as well. Messi is just a joy to watch and Barcelona just about clinched already. What's wrong with RM?

They are just not getting goals from their forwards and I'm not sure how solid their defense is when you got FB like Marcelo and Carvajal that really aren't interested with committing to defense.

Barca is far more balanced in the back and going forward...and this is without starlet Ousmane Dembele.

Reactions: SomeDudeCRO
Ultimately if I'm ranking UCL favorites right now I think it goes like this:

1) Man City
1a) PSG
1b) Barcelona
2) Bayern
3) Juventus
4) Real Madrid

Personally, just give me PSG v. Man City or Man City v. Barca...

Ultimately if I'm ranking UCL favorites right now I think it goes like this:

1) Man City
1a) PSG
1b) Barcelona
2) Bayern
3) Juventus
4) Real Madrid

Personally, just give me PSG v. Man City or Man City v. Barca...

Man City is in a very enviable position I would think due to how clear of the Barclays table they sit; they can afford to rest people ahead of UCL games. That seems to apply to both PSG and Barca as well. I'm never one to discard Barcelona or Real Madrid, but Guardiola has Man City revving like a fine tuned machine right now...and by modern day soccer standards they are pretty deep as a roster.

Unrelated but something that could be understood by many..daughter got FIFA 18 for Xmas and I played a game as France against Brazil...God to have that attacking power for the US National Team someday. So much so that guys like Benzama and Ribbery are somewhat left out of the fray.

Reactions: BigBlueSean
Unrelated but something that could be understood by many..daughter got FIFA 18 for Xmas and I played a game as France against Brazil...God to have that attacking power for the US National Team someday. So much so that guys like Benzama and Ribbery are somewhat left out of the fray.

Yeah, France is LOADED--- I just don't like Deschamps as their coach. I think he is too conservative and doesn't pick the right personnel...IMO he needs to embrace the youth and the attacking talent he has... I would love to see how a Thierry Henry would pick the world cup Squad... Id go with this:

https://sofifa.com/squad/241197

However, I really like Brazil too.... I think their front 3 of Gabriel Jesus, Neymar and Coutinho is the best in the world. Paulinho is showing his superb quality and value with FC Barcelona and they have some young guns in Malcolm (Bordeaux), Arthur (linked with Barcelona), and Fabinho (Monaco).... For me my issue with Brazil lies with Marcelo and Dani Alves.... lets be honest, they a RW/LWers.... not defenders.... in some games I could see it being more advantageous to play an Alex Sandro (Juventus) to help the defense out----but Marcelo and Alves still create SO MUCH on offense.

My SNEAKY Teams are Spain and Argentina----

when on form (which hasnt been the case for some time at the national level) - a front 4 of Messi, Di Maria, Dybala, and Aguero is just flat stupid!

[sick]

Translation for Americans, since this is America...

When the team is playing well together
When the team is in sync
etc.

UM no, since real football is a global sport, with global terms its called "on form", pitch, etc.... In Lithuania or France they don't come up with different terms for a jumper, and dribbling, and court just because they play in a different country..... That's American Imperialism manifesting itself in sports essentially. Just because something is played here in america doesn't mean we cannot adopt terminology that EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD uses lol....

So, are we gonna be able to win the 2026 bid now with Morocco apparently gaining momentum?

So, are we gonna be able to win the 2026 bid now with Morocco apparently gaining momentum?

Doesn't help that momentum in the US has declined due to not making the WC. I certainly hope we get the bid though. I want to take my kids.

I know we're not in a hurry, but who are you hearing is in line for the HC position Sean?

Doesn't help that momentum in the US has declined due to not making the WC. I certainly hope we get the bid though. I want to take my kids.

I know we're not in a hurry, but who are you hearing is in line for the HC position Sean?

Man it's as quiet as I have ever seen it. Osorio said he is very interested. I very much expect us to wait until after the world cup because naturally people will be fired. Seems like you have a want for it to be an American, I'm not in that boat. I wouldn't mind Peter Vermes. I still like Tata Martino. An out of the box option I'd sniff around would be Laurent Blanc, former PSG coach but he says he isn't interested...

Reactions: BlueRaider22
If the Crew move to Austin, won't be surprised if Berhalter shows interest. He has no interest in going to Austin

Watching Champions League,saw tweet referencing Son Heung-Min having to perform compulsory military duty for S Korea soon. Just like professional golfer Sang-Moon Bae who just came back this past year. Prime of his career, having an awesome year for Spurs. Interesting to see if he is forced to go back home.

Watched FCC game Sat. eve. Don't know how good they are, but Charleston physically towered & powered over them.

USA really looked great beating up on that power Paraguay. Suppose playing to see who might be #33.

Watched some of the Paraguay match --- I really Like Saief and I really like Tyler Adams. My issue with us going forward is the bulk of our best talent is all at the winger position. Gonna be interesting to see what we do.

Watched some of the Paraguay match --- I really Like Saief and I really like Tyler Adams. My issue with us going forward is the bulk of our best talent is all at the winger position. Gonna be interesting to see what we do.

Pulisic will play centrally for us. That is that. If Carleton gets to be as good as he can he'll take over and Pulisic will move back to the wing where he's best.

Tyler Adams and Weston McKennie should form a midfield partnership for the next decade.

Pulisic will play centrally for us. That is that. If Carleton gets to be as good as he can he'll take over and Pulisic will move back to the wing where he's best.

Tyler Adams and Weston McKennie should form a midfield partnership for the next decade.

For the Future I see the Roster as Such:

Strikers:
Bobby Wood, Jozy Altidore, Aaron Johannsson, Sargent, Tim Weah, Novakovich

Wingers:
Nagbe, Pulisic, Saief, Arriola, Morris, Julian Green, Kekutah Manneh

Midfielders:
Roldan, Acosta, Adams, Trapp, McKennie, Delgado, Hyndman, Parks, Gooch, Zelalem, (if experience is needed Kitchen and yes, Bradley)

Fullbacks:
Yedlin, Villafana, Shaq Moore, Lichaj, Antonee Robinson, Danny Acosta

Centerbacks:
Brooks, Carter-Vickers (cap him ASAP), Palmer-Brown, Miazga (For leadership Geoff Cameron)

GK:
Steffen, Horvath, Klinsmann, Gonzalez

Starting 11 I'd like to see:

Wood/Weah
Saief, Pulisic, Nagbe
McKennie, Adams/Acosta
Villafana, Brooks, Vickers/Miazga, Yedlin
Steffen

For something a little more visible:

https://sofifa.com/squad/275721

I think that is very formidable. 11 players over 80-potential. 29 players with over 75+ potential. Out of those 33 players we should be able to find a very solid 11-15 guys.

Hell our most talented midfield is Pulisic (18), Adams (18), McKennie (just turned 18), and Carleton (17). We could get 20+ years out of those guys! Focus on a coach that will develop these guys and put them in the best system to shine. 20 years with the same damn midfield. Hopefully 4 world cups.

Last edited:
For the Future I see the Roster as Such:

Strikers:
Bobby Wood, Jozy Altidore, Aaron Johannsson, Sargent, Tim Weah, Novakovich

Wingers:
Nagbe, Pulisic, Saief, Arriola, Morris, Julian Green, Kekutah Manneh

Midfielders:
Roldan, Acosta, Adams, Trapp, McKennie, Delgado, Hyndman, Parks, Gooch, Zelalem, (if experience is needed Kitchen and yes, Bradley)

Fullbacks:
Yedlin, Villafana, Shaq Moore, Lichaj, Antonee Robinson, Danny Acosta

Centerbacks:
Brooks, Carter-Vickers (cap him ASAP), Palmer-Brown, Miazga (For leadership Geoff Cameron)

GK:
Steffen, Horvath, Klinsmann, Gonzalez

Starting 11 I'd like to see:

Wood/Weah
Saief, Pulisic, Nagbe
McKennie, Adams/Acosta
Villafana, Brooks, Vickers/Miazga, Yedlin
Steffen
I like most all of this, but

Woods shows me no creativity, just makes runs for open passes and Jozy is so-so. Net, I'd give the younger guys upfront a shot. Don't see what we have to lose.

For something a little more visible:

https://sofifa.com/squad/275721

I think that is very formidable. 11 players over 80-potential. 29 players with over 75+ potential. Out of those 33 players we should be able to find a very solid 11-15 guys.

Hell our most talented midfield is Pulisic (18), Adams (18), McKennie (just turned 18), and Carleton (17). We could get 20+ years out of those guys! Focus on a coach that will develop these guys and put them in the best system to shine. 20 years with the same damn midfield. Hopefully 4 world cups.
NBD, but CP now 19.5.

ADVERTISEMENT