ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer new Jaguars coach

Interesting Khan didn't "want and need" a "leader, winner, or champion who demanded excellence and produced on the field" when that came in an overtly Christian package, but no one ever called him out on it. Regionally loved. Nationally appreciated. Just interesting though. Nothin to see here

Jags must have backed up the Brinks truck. Wonder if he will take Lawrence or Fields in the draft

At this point I'm not to sure I wouldn't take Smith first and pick up a Mac Jones or someone else later in the round or second round.

At this point I'm not to sure I wouldn't take Smith first and pick up a Mac Jones or someone else later in the round or second round.

It all depends on scouting and combines.

If any if these QBs in this draft check off all of the boxes for you, YOU HAVE to take a QB if you're Jacksonville.

Smith and Harris are awesome and I'd love to have either on my team, but neither is near what you need if your QB position isn't REALLY REALLY solid. I wish it weren't so.

That said, I don't know how Lawrence is going to do in the NFL. He couldn't make the plays he needed to at times at Clemson with a TON of talent around him. Jones on the other hand managed most all of his big games very well once he matured. Lawrence seemed to be his best 3 years ago.

NFL is a wholedifferent animal though, so it'll be interesting to read about it in a few years.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
It all depends on scouting and combines.

If any if these QBs in this draft check off all of the boxes for you, YOU HAVE to take a QB if you're Jacksonville.

Smith and Harris are awesome and I'd love to have either on my team, but neither is near what you need if your QB position isn't REALLY REALLY solid. I wish it weren't so.

That said, I don't know how Lawrence is going to do in the NFL. He couldn't make the plays he needed to at times at Clemson with a TON of talent around him. Jones on the other hand managed most all of his big games very well once he matured. Lawrence seemed to be his best 3 years ago.

NFL is a wholedifferent animal though, so it'll be interesting to read about it in a few years.

In hind sight I would might just go draft Bama's OL. lol. Games are won and lost in the trenches. Don't care who your QB is if he can't stay on his feet long enough to make a throw then it doesn't matter.

In hind sight I would might just go draft Bama's OL. lol. Games are won and lost in the trenches. Don't care who your QB is if he can't stay on his feet long enough to make a throw then it doesn't matter.

Crushes me to see what happened to Couch at Cleveland and to Burrow this year. You're right.

The Jaguars will draft Lawrence or trade down for a kings ransom. They made a good hire and will be getting one of the best draft prospects since Andrew Luck. Things are looking up for the Jags.

Reactions: PrinceUK21
I like Mac Jones as well as any quarterback in the draft, if they could trade back to get Jones and pick up an extra pick, that would be a good move I think. I like Fields and Lawerence but not sure if they are future stars. Like Smith too, I think he will be a star at some point.

It’s a QB league and they will and better take Lawerence he’s the best QB in the draft and would have went #1 in last 3 drafts.

Bet he takes Fields over Lawrence. I would take Mac Jones and the QB from BYU over Fields..

I agree . I think the BYU QB will become the best NFL player of all of them . Somehow I think however the Pats end up with Mac Jones and he will do very well under Belicek

Lawrence will be the first pick in the draft. It’s the reason Meyers wanted the HC job. The only way Jacksonville doesn’t take him is if some crazy team absolutely offers a crazy trade offer that they cannot refuse. But don’t see that happening.

Low expectations. Win 3 games and you've exceeded them. Time to go fishing and golf. Basically same as retirement.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT