ADVERTISEMENT

Unless we get saved by the rain vs. Georgia like last season:

Joey Gatewood will start, Chris Rodriguez will get way more carries, doughtnut gets to start at WR, and the defense will step back up after a below stellar performance in Missouri. All this gives us a new spark again, we win 24-20.

I'll be at the game. Whatever your smoking, bring some with you. We can share it. Must be good stuff for you to hallucinate like that.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Joey Gatewood will start, Chris Rodriguez will get way more carries, doughtnut gets to start at WR, and the defense will step back up after a below stellar performance in Missouri. All this gives us a new spark again, we win 24-20.
I like your thinking and I concur whole heartedly.
Stoops the Streak Breaker strikes again!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: DanCat17
I'll be at the game. Whatever your smoking, bring some with you. We can share it. Must be good stuff for you to hallucinate like that.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

We will smoke so much of it that even if we lose, we will still think we won!

Reactions: willievic
With Bennett at quarterback George’s offense has some weaknesses that Kentucky’s defense can exploit. He’s short has trouble seeing over lineman gets balls deflected frequently, and isn’t very accurate when he’s on the run. If Kentucky’s defense can keep Georgia in the low to mid 20s that would give us a chance. Offensively it’s anybody’s guess what we might see with a new quarterback starting and other possible changes of other personnel

With Bennett at quarterback George’s offense has some weaknesses that Kentucky’s defense can exploit. He’s short has trouble seeing over lineman gets balls deflected frequently, and isn’t very accurate when he’s on the run. If Kentucky’s defense can keep Georgia in the low to mid 20s that would give us a chance. Offensively it’s anybody’s guess what we might see with a new quarterback starting and other possible changes of other personnel
Question I have is...will the UK O score?

This may be the best defense he has seen this year. Yes I know they played Alabama but I am still not sold on Alabama's defense. They have a lot of talent but it is young.

UGA was bad against Arkansas ant UT in the first half so it's not like this is an invincible team. The D is gonna have to create some turnovers though.
Agreed. I think they can if they play up to their potential. Hopefully the offense shows up so the defense isn't on the field all day.

If we don’t play 15 yards off and let them play pitch and catch I like our defenses ability to limit them. The only issue i have is I really don’t think that we can score enough no matter how good the defense limits them.
I think GA can score 14 and win. I hope not but I think that’s where it’s going.

Reactions: catzfanjim
UGA was bad against Arkansas ant UT in the first half so it's not like this is an invincible team. The D is gonna have to create some turnovers though.

Offense is certainly a question, but Bennett only played a couple series in the first at Arky. Defense has been good other than 2nd half of Bama all year and will be the best D UK has faced by a good bit.

Im frankly very hopeful for Sat.

Unlike last week, all of the intangibles point UKs direction:

-Game at Kentucky
-Georgia has defeated UK 10 straight times
-UK is coming off an embarrassing loss and should be refocused and fired up.
-Georgia could come out flat as they are coming off a bye week and UK is a trap game between Bama and Florida.

UGA is also giving up 253 thru the air which ranks but 8th in the SEC. Hopefully Gatewood can exploit the Dawgs avg secondary.

Georgia has never defeated UK 11 straight times:

Last edited:
I just saw that UK has a +8 turnover margin this year and they are 2-3. Kentucky continues to find new ways to defy football logic. They've had 2 400 yard rushing games in the past 5 years and lost both of them. They bested Auburn in rushing and passing yards, 1st downs, 3rd down conversions and dominated TOP, and lost. Maybe this happens to other teams too and I just don't notice it as much.

I just saw that UK has a +8 turnover margin this year and they are 2-3. Kentucky continues to find new ways to defy football logic. They've had 2 400 yard rushing games in the past 5 years and lost both of them. They bested Auburn in rushing and passing yards, 1st downs, 3rd down conversions and dominated TOP, and lost. Maybe this happens to other teams too and I just don't notice it as much.
If Kentucky takes care of the football v Georgia I predict the game will be winnable in the 4th Quarter.

Herschel Walker and Matthew Stafford are not walking thru that door.

11am start in the fall? You never know what can happen...the cold fall weather has fully arrived.
We're coming off a big loss & they're the big favorite.

Could we have new energy with Joey Gatewood & be motivated to avenge last week?
Could UGA overlook the Cats be rusty from the bye week as they look towards Florida?
Will we let Missouri beat us twice?

We just don't know...but this isn't Jake From & Deandre Swift. We have a great defense & a great offensive line.

We played 2 similar opponents..
-Auburn. They held strong on defense and moved the ball a bit better, but didn't light up the scoreboard. Turnovers are why we lost to Auburn...so I look and see that they were just better at protecting the ball.

-Tennessee. We both blew them out. Tennessee actually had the game close at time due to UGA's turnovers. UGA wasn't good offensively until late. UT beat them deep at times. We held Tennessee in check and were just more careful on offense.

Georgia scored...
37 on Arkansas
27 against Auburn
44 Against UT
21 Against Bama

Arkansas held them in check until a QB change. UT held strong against them until an all systems failure. Considering Auburn only scored 6...27 isn't a big number. They couldn't really score on Bama, who isn't great defensively.

They don't have a great offense and we have a really good defense. But, last week is a game that just wears you out and they're coming off a bye week...that's gonna be the difference IMO. If we play with energy...I don't see UGA's offense as that scary.

So what's Joey Gatewood going to do....just say Rodriguez gets more carries and eats more clock and Gatewood provides a spark to the passing game? Smoke may actually be able to be used this week. Drennen looks to be used more?

My prediction? Ugly football. JG2 shows promise. We have more confidence going into the bye week. Our defense plays strong, but just runs out of gas after UGA establishes the run. But, if we come out early and take a lead....I feel like we could win.

UGA 24
Kentucky 17

All those turnovers happened in 2 games. We won both. What it tells us is when we don’t create turnovers we don’t win. 10 turnovers in 2 games Skews the numbers.

Im frankly very hopeful for Sat.

Unlike last week, all of the intangibles point UKs direction:

-Game at Kentucky
-Georgia has defeated UK 10 straight times
-UK is coming off an embarrassing loss and should be refocused and fired up.
-Georgia could come out flat as they are coming off a bye week and UK is a trap game between Bama and Florida.

UGA is also giving up 253 thru the air which ranks but 8th in the SEC. Hopefully Gatewood can exploit the Dawgs avg secondary.

Georgia has never defeated UK 11 straight times:

Average secondary? Bama is the onl yh team that had any success TV growing the ball against

ADVERTISEMENT