ADVERTISEMENT

Underrated Actors

This is still one of my favorite movies of all time. It's a little indie.. but the cast is phenomenal. Not only does it have Carrell and Rockwell as main characters.. but you have Toni Collete, Rob Cordry, Allison Janey, Amanda Peet, Maya Rudolph, Nat Faxon, Jim Rash, along with some solid acting from the main kids.

Bob Odenkirk

He's outstanding in Better Call Saul.

Fun fact: Odenkirk was slated to be Michael Scott in The Office when their first pick (Carell) couldn't do it. Once Carell's schedule freed up, he was back in and Odenkirk was out. I actually think he could have pulled it off, and he even played a bizzaro-world version of Michael as Pam's boss in an episode.

Excited to see what he does in this new thriller. Him imitating Michael Scott is still classic.

Love Bob Odenkirk.

Is Jason Bateman underrated? He's won some GG's awards for both comedy (Arrested Development) and drama (Ozark) so not sure if he'd be considered underrated. But, he's not one of the guys the general public would immediately say is a 'great' actor. I like a lot of his work.

Bradley Cooper is another one who has done a good job in various types of movies, also. He, too, has been nominated for several roles but hasn't won the Oscar yet. He would probably be mentioned before Bateman just because of his looks. But, he's almost always very good in everything I've seen him in.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
Ok Gene Shalit, what is the criteria? In terms of really well-known actors known to the movie-going public and earning power says acting Giants as Adam Sandler and Shia LaBeouf earn 10-15 Times each one of those persons salary while each is infinitely more talented than the list below:

The Top Ten Money-Making Stars of 2008 (when the actors I listed were more in their prime)
  • Christian Bale.
  • Shia LaBeouf. ...
  • Harrison Ford. ...
  • Adam Sandler. ...
  • Reese Witherspoon. ...
  • George Clooney. ...
  • Angelina Jolie. ...
  • Daniel Craig. ...
I didn’t say they were unknown but rather they have many peers with incredibly inferior talent that make an amazing amount of money in comparison and are much more known. Adam Sandler is worth $420 million while Daniel Day Lewis is worth $60 million.

6a010536b86d36970c01b8d26eace3970c-pi
Sandler got that rich because of his writing, not his acting.

Love Bob Odenkirk.

Is Jason Bateman underrated? He's won some GG's awards for both comedy (Arrested Development) and drama (Ozark) so not sure if he'd be considered underrated. But, he's not one of the guys the general public would immediately say is a 'great' actor. I like a lot of his work.

Bradley Cooper is another one who has done a good job in various types of movies, also. He, too, has been nominated for several roles but hasn't won the Oscar yet. He would probably be mentioned before Bateman just because of his looks. But, he's almost always very good in everything I've seen him in.

I'd say Yes to Bateman.. what a trainwrekc of a came character in Smokin' Aces.

I mean, they have hair and make up teams change their appearances and they stand in front of green screens and play pretend. commit to doing a slew of sexual favors to get their names out there and land a few gigs. some are better at the aforementioned than others apparently. most have serious drug and alcohol addictions, but that usually helps the playing pretend part so hey. whatever. the real committed ones sell their souls to scientology and really take off.

not sure how to rate any of this though.

This is still one of my favorite movies of all time. It's a little indie.. but the cast is phenomenal. Not only does it have Carrell and Rockwell as main characters.. but you have Toni Collete, Rob Cordry, Allison Janey, Amanda Peet, Maya Rudolph, Nat Faxon, Jim Rash, along with some solid acting from the main kids.

Ever seen Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind? If not I highly recommend it. Rockwell plays Gong Show host and Dating Game Producer Chuck Barris who claimed in his autobiography The Dating Game was a cover for him to carry out CIA assassinations all over the world. It is a great flick that hardly anyone ever saw.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Caroline Jones, was almost always a supporting actress except for Addams Family role but, was actually very good.

Clint Howard (Joking) never got the chance to get out of his brothers shadow.

Reactions: augustaky1
As popular of a figure and singer as he was, Sinatra went pretty deep on some roles. Manchuria Candidate was great.

Reactions: blubo
Kind of applaud that. Does what he wants. Hires his buddies constantly. I think his personal assistant has a decent role in most of his movies. Pretty loyal guy.
Yep, I saw an interview with Julie Bowen about Happy Gilmore on the 25th anniversary of it's release. She was talking about doing Hubie Halloween with Sandler for Netflix and said it was basically the same folks working on that movie that made Happy Gilmore.

Bob Odenkirk

He's outstanding in Better Call Saul.

Fun fact: Odenkirk was slated to be Michael Scott in The Office when their first pick (Carell) couldn't do it. Once Carell's schedule freed up, he was back in and Odenkirk was out. I actually think he could have pulled it off, and he even played a bizzaro-world version of Michael as Pam's boss in an episode.
Jonathan Banks is pretty amazing on that show as well

Odenkirk has really impressive acting range though. He got his start in comedy but kills it as Saul.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT