ADVERTISEMENT

UNC on bubble now???

5AXWWES.png

Just a quick scan of their schedule it looks like OH St is their best win.
Must have skipped over the Xavier neutral site win. Iowa neutral site as well.

Every year goes by and people wonder why Duke gets seeded how they do. For the 20th time, the “cupcakes” that Duke schedules are traditionally mid majors that are favored to win their conference. Beating the #165 team goes a lot further than beating the #315 team.

So they are rewarded for playing the system and beating a bunch of decent mid majors rather than playing any tough games against legit power 5 out of conference games. Yeah we get it they are scared to play anyone tough.

So they are rewarded for playing the system and beating a bunch of decent mid majors rather than playing any tough games against legit power 5 out of conference games. Yeah we get it they are scared to play anyone tough.
This season Duke played 6 out of conference Power 5 teams: the weakest being Oregon State. Strongest: Purdue.
5 neutral site and 1 at home. Duke went 4-2.

Kentucky played 6 out of conference power 5 teams (I’m counting Gonzaga) the weakest being Louisville. Strongest: at Gonzaga?
3 neutral site. 2 home, and 1 road. Kentucky went 2-4.

Last edited:
Face it. It's gonna take a lotta losses for the powers that be to exclude Dook and UNCheat on Selection Sunday. 😐

Reactions: drawing_dead
if not please explain
UNC without Roy Williams & Duke without Mike Krzyzewski are in the process of taking a nosedive. And here we are at Kentucky with a coach that's in his 14th season that's so incompetent that we can't take advantage of the downfall of UNC & Duke.

• Love
Reactions: wildcatwelder
This season Duke played 6 out of conference Power 5 teams: the weakest being Oregon State. Strongest: Purdue.
5 neutral site and 1 at home. Duke went 4-2.

Kentucky played 6 out of conference power 5 teams (I’m counting Gonzaga) the weakest being Louisville. Strongest: at Gonzaga?
3 neutral site. 2 home, and 1 road. Kentucky went 2-4.
So your point is you suck less than we suck because neither of us have a snowballs chance of winning a title? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I just checked and below are the attempted free throws by the players we have discussed.

Armando Bacot 159
Drew Timme 157
Oscar 116
Filipowski 115

I went one step further and checked the number of shots taken to give us an idea of who should be drawing the greatest number of fouls due to shot attempts. It isn't an exact science but it at least gives you something for reference. Below are those numbers.

Timme 309 shots or 1 free throw per 1.96 shot attempts (18 being 3's)
Bacot 235 shots or 1 free throw per 1.47 shot attempts (4 being 3's)
Oscar 215 shots or 1 free throw per 1.85 shot attempts (1 being a 3)
Filipowski 269 shots or 1 free throw per 2.33 attempts (80 being 3's)

If you took out Timme and Filipowski's 3 attempts then Oscar has attempted fewer free throws per field goal attempt of all of the others. Bacot would be considered a low post physical type player but the other 2 are considered more finesse players than physical players and therefore, one would assume, should not draw more fouls.

As a side note everyone's perceived POY frontrunners Brandon Miller and Zach Edey's numbers are below

Miller 98 Free throw attempts
294 attempts or 1 free throw per 3.00 shot attempts. However he has taken 159 3's or 54% of his attempts are from 3 where he shouldn't get fouled very often which would skew those numbers in comparison. Without his 3 point number he has shot 1 free throw per 1.37 field goal attempts

Edey has 149 free throw attempts
He has attempted 303 shots for an average of 1 free throw attempt per 2.03 shot attempts. If anyone other POY candidate has an argument besides Oscar not getting the benefit of the calls it might be this guy.

So your point is you suck less than we suck because neither of us have a snowballs chance of winning a title? 🤷‍♂️
“So they are rewarded for playing the system and beating a bunch of decent mid majors rather than playing any tough games against legit power 5 out of conference games. Yeah we get it they are scared to play anyone tough.”

No. My point was to say your statement was far from the truth. And Duke going 4-2 against Power 5’s on the non conference schedule along with zero home losses is why they are a projected 5 seed.

“So they are rewarded for playing the system and beating a bunch of decent mid majors rather than playing any tough games against legit power 5 out of conference games. Yeah we get it they are scared to play anyone tough.”

No. My point was to say your statement was far from the truth. And Duke going 4-2 against Power 5’s on the non conference schedule along with zero home losses is why they are a projected 5 seed.
The best OOC win you have is Xavier and the other wins are marginal at best. Then when you get into the ACC schedule they have played 1 ranked team. Throw on top of that the fact you have squeaked by and won 3 of the 7 ACC games by 3 points or less and you should realized that Duke is not a good team. But keep telling yourself that they have played themselves into a 5 seed and then you can go out as a 5/12 upset. 🤣

Last edited:
And the crazy part was The Holes actually were not given an overwhelming friendly whistle last night. I thought Love may have been fouled on that last attempt and Bacot may have gotten pushed into walking at the end. I was screaming at the TV when that hooking little SOB Davis when he would intentionally hook the PITT players on about 3 occasions and then looked like a bad a$$ that wanted to start something. God I hate UNCHeat.

I think Bacot gets treated by the refs closer (but not quite as bad) to how Oscar does. Timme, OMG, he F'ing travels or pushes off every time he gets the ball.
Timme legit every time travels, bacot get the benefit of the doubt more than Oscar

uNC should be behind us for sure, but what pisses me off is both UK and uNC are better than duke, but duke is a 5 seed right now. They look awful
UNC has a chance Saturday to show they’re better than Duke. Guess we’ll see

North Carolina may not make the tournament at this point. Their best win was Ohio State and they're not doing much better.

And the crazy part was The Holes actually were not given an overwhelming friendly whistle last night. I thought Love may have been fouled on that last attempt and Bacot may have gotten pushed into walking at the end. I was screaming at the TV when that hooking little SOB Davis when he would intentionally hook the PITT players on about 3 occasions and then looked like a bad a$$ that wanted to start something. God I hate UNCHeat.
I actually thought this as well. It looked like the Pitt player slapped his hand on the follow-through after the ball left his hand I think. But, Love didn't really react I don't think so I'm not sure. I'd have to see it again.

I actually thought this as well. It looked like the Pitt player slapped his hand on the follow-through after the ball left his hand I think. But, Love didn't really react I don't think so I'm not sure. I'd have to see it again.

As I recall, Love flopped trying to get the call. If there were any contact, it was minor.

and that K scheduled a cupcake out of conference schedule. During a normal year with decent OOC games they would have 10 losses already and to be honest without a couple of games with a favorable whistle they might have been there anyway.

I wish Oscar would get the calls that Filipowski gets. That dude is protected like other Duke guys usually are.
According to Kenpom, Dukes OOC is ranked 75th and Ky's is 196th
And the NET says Dukes is 35th and Ky's is 120th

But like you said in a later post, neither school is likely to make a lot of noise in March

According to Kenpom, Dukes OOC is ranked 75th and Ky's is 196th
And the NET says Dukes is 35th and Ky's is 120th

But like you said in a later post, neither school is likely to make a lot of noise in March
My point wasn't that our schedule was tough but that the reason they hadn't lost more games than they have is the OOC is weak and the ACC pretty much sucks this year no matter how many teams Loonyardi shows them with in the tournament.

I believe the clock had already hit zero before the contact as well.

Michigan state could very well have their tournament hopes on the line at Rutgers tomorrow. At 14-8, seems like they'd be done if they go to 14-9.

Michigan state could very well have their tournament hopes on the line at Rutgers tomorrow. At 14-8, seems like they'd be done if they go to 14-9.
That’s one heck of a tough place to win too. I bet they lose that one.

Unc is out. If they beat duke they may get in. But they have work to do in order to be considered a tournament team.

Unc is out. If they beat duke they may get in. But they have work to do in order to be considered a tournament team.

Correction: UNC SHOULD be out. However, I don't trust the NCAA selection committee at all. If they can get UNC in, they will.

ADVERTISEMENT