ADVERTISEMENT

UNC on bubble now???

uNC should be behind us for sure, but what pisses me off is both UK and uNC are better than duke, but duke is a 5 seed right now. They look awful
Duke is lucky the ACC is crap, they could have some home losses if teams didn’t fold to them in Cameron

Reactions: Fox2monk
Hate to even mention it but………could be a GREAT NIT !
Wasn’t there a weird year similar to that where some big names really whiffed and missed the primary. Like Michigan and Florida and a couple of others that just was kinda shocking to eee. Or something like that.

It’s been a while back for sure. But it seems like that’s happened before.

Expect they will beat Duke

It is only one game but I see this game as very big for both programs. Both teams need this win for either making the tournament or for seeding. Plus, beating your biggest rival will give the winning coach some goodwill with the fans. Losing is going to erode support.

Pittsburgh coach Jeff Capel, following his team's 65-64 win at North Carolina on Wednesday, spoke out about the Tar Heels fans' treatment of his brother and current Panthers assistant, former UNC standout Jason Capel.

Jason Capel, who averaged 12.1 points in four years at North Carolina (1998 to 2002), was booed by UNC fans after the game, which completed a season sweep for Pitt.

In a video reviewed by ESPN, an animated Jason Capel, standing in the hallway of the Dean E. Smith Center following the matchup, can be heard proclaiming, "Check the record book! My boys did my work. I ain't got to say nothing. All I did for this program and y'all disrespect me? You got a broom? That's a sweep."

Jeff Capel said his brother was upset by a tweet posted by the North Carolina men's basketball account before the game but did not identify the specific tweet.

"My brother loves the school," Jeff Capel said. "He dreamt of coming here as a player when we were little, when he was little. He wore that [North Carolina] jersey with a lot of pride, and since he's left here, there has been a lot of disrespect toward him. And one thing happened today, and I don't think it's coming from within the basketball program, and I don't know who controls their social media ... I get social media, you try to be funny or whatever, but I thought it was them trolling him.

"It's a complicated relationship with him and North Carolina. He loves [them], but I think at times, he doesn't feel that back."

Do you imagine an nit with Kentucky ,North Carolina , and Duke?
Now you can kind of expected with Duke North Carolina cuz they went out and got garbage coaches with no experience.

But there's no way in **** we should be missing the tournament and if we do............ that pressure next season is ridiculous. I mean I'd fire him if they don't make the tournament but they're not going to do it they're going to wait on that recruiting class. it's got four of the top 10. So of course he's going to get a free pass. No wonder they're losing he don't care he knows he's okay..

A hook will be quick next year. They start off five and five or something like that and he's going to get fired. In the middle of the season. Which is what is sorry ass deserves if you can't make the tournament this year and you go five and five to start off next season......
That's my prediction of what happens

the biggest appeal to Cal continuing coaching with the retirement of Williams and Coach K was UK's return to recruiting dominance which in turn meant a run of final fours,etc

While next years class gives hope that is true, the fan base has lost confidence in Cal's ability to capitalize on that and turn it into a title.

the biggest appeal to Cal continuing coaching with the retirement of Williams and Coach K was UK's return to recruiting dominance which in turn meant a run of final fours,etc

While next years class gives hope that is true, the fan base has lost confidence in Cal's ability to capitalize on that and turn it into a title.
Dont include me in that dastardly group!

Reactions: drawing_dead
Pittsburgh coach Jeff Capel, following his team's 65-64 win at North Carolina on Wednesday, spoke out about the Tar Heels fans' treatment of his brother and current Panthers assistant, former UNC standout Jason Capel.

Jason Capel, who averaged 12.1 points in four years at North Carolina (1998 to 2002), was booed by UNC fans after the game, which completed a season sweep for Pitt.

In a video reviewed by ESPN, an animated Jason Capel, standing in the hallway of the Dean E. Smith Center following the matchup, can be heard proclaiming, "Check the record book! My boys did my work. I ain't got to say nothing. All I did for this program and y'all disrespect me? You got a broom? That's a sweep."

Jeff Capel said his brother was upset by a tweet posted by the North Carolina men's basketball account before the game but did not identify the specific tweet.

"My brother loves the school," Jeff Capel said. "He dreamt of coming here as a player when we were little, when he was little. He wore that [North Carolina] jersey with a lot of pride, and since he's left here, there has been a lot of disrespect toward him. And one thing happened today, and I don't think it's coming from within the basketball program, and I don't know who controls their social media ... I get social media, you try to be funny or whatever, but I thought it was them trolling him.

"It's a complicated relationship with him and North Carolina. He loves [them], but I think at times, he doesn't feel that back."
Can't wait for Dick Vital to shit on uNC fans for booing Capel. He has no problem calling UK fans out, so I'm sure he'll say something here too. Sure of it.

That USC loss was a killer

Yep. It's a massive anchor on us. Our resume and UNC's are really, really similar - both 15-7, similar NET ranking, almost identical NET SOS, both 1-6 against quad 1 - except that out best win is better than theirs and our worst loss is a TON worse than theirs. Bracket Matrix (which is just the average of everybody out there, wisdom of the crowd) has them as a 7 and us as an 11. We win that South Carolina game and we're comfortably in the tournament (though still at a pretty weak seed).

Can't wait for Dick Vital to shit on uNC fans for booing Capel. He has no problem calling UK fans out, so I'm sure he'll say something here too. Sure of it.

You mean the same guy who screamed for Pearl to be fired before anything was even investigated at Tennessee and then screamed for the NCAA to reinstate PJ Hairston and move on from the academic scandal at UNC? Yeah, that guy will definitely say something! LOL

Reactions: kyjeff1
Dont include me in that dastardly group!
Since you have responded directly to me, then I am going to take the opportunity to point this out

You are doing more to chase away people, the "good" UK fans, not the terminally disgruntled like me - the people who "support" the program with positivity because for every single over the top absurd post you create, it generates 10X as many negative posts.

I don't tell people on here to stop posting, even a one trick pony like Bassfan, but if you loved UK as much as you profess, you'd understand you are almost single handedly driving the galvanization on this board. You're doing much more harm than the good you think you are doing.

What I am saying won't matter to you , I also realize that. I think you have some mental hangup, a driven need for this attention starting new threads, but I think its important at least for someone to actually type this out to you - you are hurting the support for the program and this board, which apparently you cannot live without.

You are just as responsible for the BBBLazing thread , probably more, than 20 disgruntled fans who respond to posts with negativity. You intentionally generate it.

If you know this and still do it, then congrats, you're accomplishing your goal, if you don't understand it, now you've been told, consider your future actions.

This is out of character for me and will be the last time I reference it to you

rant over.

Yep. It's a massive anchor on us. Our resume and UNC's are really, really similar - both 15-7, similar NET ranking, almost identical NET SOS, both 1-6 against quad 1 - except that out best win is better than theirs and our worst loss is a TON worse than theirs. Bracket Matrix (which is just the average of everybody out there, wisdom of the crowd) has them as a 7 and us as an 11. We win that South Carolina game and we're comfortably in the tournament (though still at a pretty weak seed).
Agreed . It would be one thing to lose to them at USC with them getting hot . It would be a bad loss but it happens . But to lose to a team like that at Kentucky . Man that was brutal .

Duke is lucky the ACC is crap, they could have some home losses if teams didn’t fold to them in Cameron
and that K scheduled a cupcake out of conference schedule. During a normal year with decent OOC games they would have 10 losses already and to be honest without a couple of games with a favorable whistle they might have been there anyway.

I wish Oscar would get the calls that Filipowski gets. That dude is protected like other Duke guys usually are.

Their worst loss is Pitt, who are ranked 62 in kenpom. South Carolina is ranked 254. That's the difference
The 3, UK, UNC, Duke are interesting.
- UK has both, by far, the best win and the worst loss.
- Duke has the most Q1 wins but they are weak wins, no Q2 or worse losses, but IDKHTF that VaTech loss is not Q2 they are bad.
Right now I’d estimate Duke is a 6-7, UK is a 10-12, UNC is a 10-12. BUT…. I bet teams would much rather play Duke than UK or UNC!!!

and that K scheduled a cupcake out of conference schedule. During a normal year with decent OOC games they would have 10 losses already and to be honest without a couple of games with a favorable whistle they might have been there anyway.

I wish Oscar would get the calls that Filipowski gets. That dude is protected like other Duke guys usually are.

Yeah, I saw that in their last game. And, I was thinking the same thing...if only Oscar had those calls!

I’ve not seen guys allowed to foul a player like Oscar since Shaq 30 years ago.

Now Oscar is allowed to push a lot.

Him, bacot, & timme get foul calls Oscar would never get

Reactions: SophiesDad
ADVERTISEMENT