ADVERTISEMENT

UNC is our biggest enemy not Louisville

Untouchables96

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 21, 2014
Lexington, KY
I've been saying this for years. Louisville is only an annoying instate rival, but UNC deserves all of our true hate and venom. It's sickening that we are now basically playing a rigged game that is impossible to win.

I hope Mark Emmert and Roy Williams die of ass cancer and I'm not sorry for saying it.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
You can fault Emmert for a lot of reasons but better focus your current hate towards the committee on infractions members. They ultimately decided UNCheat could skate.

I have always said the people who care about UK or have any memories pre 1992 all should hate UNC. Ask Joe B Hall, UK players. It was always UNC above reproach, holier than thou, Dean Smith never getting one recruiting misdeed, not one inadvertent contact with recruit, not one phone call turned in that was illegal. Not one, zilch. They made UK look like we were UNLV, they do the right way, no $100 handshakes. UNC always said do we do it the right way. What a sham.

I could take Duke and UL winning the next 10 NC's in a row then to see UNC win one.

This was a total sham. Lawyers intimidated NCAA, threatened to sue. Talking heads ala Bilas saying it was an academic issue. It was not, it was started during Dean's tenure to take care of athletes.
They did not have the guts to take on UNC.
I think UL got a bad deal in comparison to UNC, UNC was 100 times worse than UL.

I've been saying for years, that UNC and Duke our our biggest enemy and rival, not UL. UL is not at the same level as us, never have been, they are a tier below us. Sure they hate us, programs that are envious of you always hate you. Who cares. UNC and Duke (as well as KU) are our competition for the top-tier of college basketball, they are who we battle with for recruits, for national prominence.

Reactions: Untouchables96
You can't separate the two(NCAA & UNC) so I think they are the enemy and should be viewed as such.
I agree but would point out UNC could not cheat and bend the rules of decency it the governing body called the NCAA did not pick and choose winners and losers. UNC has been picked as a program above every rule in the book. They have engaged in much more than academic fraud over the years. All of it was swept under the rug by of all organizations, the NCAA. The entire basketball world understands they and possibly Duke are the two programs that could get away with that.

You can't separate the two(NCAA & UNC) so I think they are the enemy and should be viewed as such.

DMBj8ZPVwAAyFO8.jpg

Reactions: blubo
I agree with OP. UNC is pure evil on a national scale and must be stopped.

UL are just a few wannabes from a big small city with two national championships . Once Pitino, Jurich and Bobby are gone ( and they all will be within a year) what's to hate.

In fact I consider Florida a bigger rival than UofL....ive also said that for years.

Before the internet, I always saw Tennessee as THE rival. Now, though UT is still up there, there's also Fla, Vandy (because of their annoying fans - not heir trophies) Duke, UNC, IU, and of course UofL (again, more because of their fans than their trophy case)

UNC and UCLA have always been UK's only real rivals.

I was at the East Regional final game in 1977 when Dean Smith ran out on the floor and poked Rick Robey in the chest and called him a SOB. Then he wrote a book claiming he never cursed a player. What a freaking phony. I've hated UNC ever since. Nothing made me angrier than watching John Higgins give them that championship last year.

At least UL earned its championships on the floor. Dean needed help from Fred Brown and Chris Webber to win his, and Roy needed fake classes and a corrupt referee to win his.

Imagine what Ramsey, Jurich, and Pitino would've done if they had known that they could create fraudulent classes and get by with it.

Reactions: blubo
The Red Chickens aren't even in my top 10 probably. I hate Georgetown, stupid Vandy, Arizona, UCONN, Florida, and even both Missisippi schools more really.

Once you account for Duke, UNCheats, IU, Tennessee, and UCLA in there the room for Lil Brother to get in is tight.

If I didn't live in Line beard land, I wouldn't even think about them.

Reactions: Untouchables96
Even before today, UNC and Dean Smith earned a place in basketball infamy for the four corners "offense."

Before the internet, I always saw Tennessee as THE rival. Now, though UT is still up there, there's also Fla, Vandy (because of their annoying fans - not heir trophies) Duke, UNC, IU, and of course UofL (again, more because of their fans than their trophy case)

I did too, BUT I lived 5 miles from TN at the time, I was a kid, I doubt I even knew who UNC & Duke were, and we didn't play UL.

It's different for UNC and UL. UNC is a legitimate blue blood who happened to cheat for twenty years and likenOJ got away with murder.
UL is a midmajor . Yes UNC is our number one rival.

I've been saying this for years. Louisville is only an annoying instate rival, but UNC deserves all of our true hate and venom. It's sickening that we are now basically playing a rigged game that is impossible to win.

I hope Mark Emmert and Roy Williams die of ass cancer and I'm not sorry for saying it.

I call bullshit..unless it's tourney time UNC is irrelevant..Louisville ( if you live here ) supersedes anything UNC ..to see UL meltdown is epic for me.. Could care less about what UNC does I just wanna see UL burn down

No school could ever take the place of UL as my most hated. However, with UNC players not having to go to class, plus, referees such as Higgins giving them 10 point advantage every game, the cheaters are a close 2nd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT