ADVERTISEMENT

UNC, Duke, and Kansas are what’s wrong with college basketball.

morgousky

All-American
Sep 5, 2009
It’s funny. I was just thinking.

Duke has ruined the idea of a student athlete by getting into bed with Nike, buying players, and turning an Ivy League of the south into an absolute disgrace. Lowering standards for athletes? Really? Taking players like Duval and Bagely with putrid transcripts from diploma mills? This is supposed to be Duke. Why is no one talking about this?

Let’s not fail to mention, Duke hid Soulamon and shipped him out, most likely to do with another another rape scandal.

Speaking of Rape, Kansas. Thug U in the flesh. Addidas number 1. Is this what college basketball is all about?

UNC and academics lol. Look at Tobacco Road. What a disgrace to the idea of an educational institution. Maybe the worst cheaters of them all.

And listen to ESPN. it’s disgusting. They all lie for profit.

And who is, just there, leaving the recruits on the take lying dead? Kentucky.

Wow.

Isn’t it great knowing that through this entire decade, we are the ONLY clean blue blood there is?

Who would have thought. And the media will never tell that story because like Duke, UNC, and Kansas...they low down, they dirty, they some snitches.

Duke has ruined the idea of a student athlete by getting into bed with Nike, buying players, and turning an Ivy League of the south into an absolute disgrace. Lowering standards for athletes? Really? Taking players like Duval and Bagely with putrid transcripts from diploma mills? This is supposed to be Duke. Why is no one talking about this?

Let’s not fail to mention, Duke hid Soulamon and shipped him out, most likely to do with another another rape scandal.

Speaking of Rape, Kansas. Thug U in the flesh. Addidas number 1. Is this what college basketball is all about?

UNC and academics lol. Look at Tobacco Road. What a disgrace to the idea of an educational institution. Maybe the worst cheaters of them all.

Wow.

Isn’t it great knowing that through this entire decade, we are the ONLY clean blue blood there is?

Who would have thought. And the media will never tell that story because like Duke, UNC, and Kansas...they low down, they dirty, they some snitches.
You damn right. It has soured me so much on college basketball.

Wow.

Excellant post, Morg.

Any other fanbase will throw Cal/UK in with these rogues. That's sad to me.

Wow.

Great post Morg.

UNC is a joke regarding they got no punishment for decades of academic fraud. I regard them as nothing but a sham school.

The durham bunch are just as dirty but at taking care of players families and getting unqualified kids accepted academically at "precious" dook. No way Duval and Bagley were eligible academically to play. K sold out everything to keep up with Cal and UK.

KU is just dirty all over. Rapes, car wrecks, paying players, etc.

All of these schools get passes while Cal and UK have to cross every "T" and dot every "I" meticulously.

I wish the opening post of this thread could find it's way to a nationwide media outlet.On the bright side it hasn't done KU much good the last few years........I guess you could say the chicken hawks....er Jayhawks have come home to roost

On the downside UNC never really missed a beat,that is truly sad

When K is done so is Duke and that will happen before too long

The question for me is,which of the 3 coaches should I despise the most,I can make a case for any of them,but I guess K wins by a nose,Self finishes second by a hair and Roy comes in third because he looks like Huckleberry Hound.

Wow.

Preach it brother. The Holy Trinity of UNC, Duke and Kansas are the dirty face of college basketball. They sold their souls

Excellent post although I will say UNC isn't doing anything wrong now . The other 2 are still cheating . Of coarse when UNC was cheating it was the worst case in NCAA history.
How do you know UNC is not doing anything wrong now. Do you have UNC insider information? Michael Jordan still hangs around and he has helped them break more NCAA rules than the little coach down at LSU. I don't think UNC ceased being dirty because they beat the NCAA. I would be more inclined to think they realize they are bullet proof and continued setting their own rules. It is UNC

:sunglasses:

Wow.

Try to post this on the u6 board. i’m sure they would enjoy it.

Even if there was an article on these cheaters I wouldn’t be surprised to see a picture of Cal with some sleezy bag man in the headlines. Not that it hasn’t already happened. :flush:

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
As each year passes, I grow more and more tired of college basketball. Between the cheating ass schools, and horrible officiating in which no one is ever held accountable, the terrible rules, obvious bias the NCAA has for or against certain schools, it’s to the point where I only watch UK play. And I’m tiring of that

LSU and Missouri will take the punishments for the ACC teams cheating.

Even our fans are buying into it, piling onto LSU for winning the SEC title. Have they cheated? Sure, but they’ll get their comeuppance just like the dirty birds.

It’s the ones who are going to get away with it that bother me and we need to talk about.

Reactions: morgousky
OP is 100% correct but, unfortunately, the 'Cal/UK cheats' narrative is ingrained in the collective public's mind thanks to the assholes in national media.

Reactions: morgousky
How do you know UNC is not doing anything wrong now. Do you have UNC insider information? Michael Jordan still hangs around and he has helped them break more NCAA rules than the little coach down at LSU. I don't think UNC ceased being dirty because they beat the NCAA. I would be more inclined to think they realize they are bullet proof and continued setting their own rules. It is UNC

What has Michael Jordan done to help them cheat ? Honestly curious

Jordan recruited players to UNC back in his NBA hey day.

It was against the rules but UNC got an exception for him to meet and greet players

Reactions: Sawnee Cat

Wow.

Great Post!

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Eh you could be right but I am not in the biz of slandering people and accusing them without proof. So while UNC was responsible for the biggest cheating scandal all time I doubt they are doing anything wrong now but really who knows . Same could be said for UK or any program though so you shouldn't excuse someone without some proof. . KU , Zona and LSU are flat out cheating . This is fact. Duke did pay Zion's family I can say this is pretty obvious too but it isn't as clear so there is a small amount of leeway with that one . IF those pics of Zion's house in Durham are real then it is more damning but I have never seen that verified.

Eh you could be right but I am not in the biz of slandering people and accusing them without proof. So while UNC was responsible for the biggest cheating scandal all time I doubt they are doing anything wrong now but really who knows . Same could be said for UK or any program though so you shouldn't excuse someone without some proof. . KU , Zona and LSU are flat out cheating . This is fact. Duke did pay Zion's family I can say this is pretty obvious too but it isn't as clear so there is a small amount of leeway with that one . IF those pics of Zion's house in Durham are real then it is more damning but I have never seen that verified.

Cane, the standard of proof doesn’t belong to UK. It belongs to UNC. we don’t have to prove anything, if UK was offering sham academics we would know.

Some of you need to stop pushing the typical rebuttals by UNC fans, that “everyone” probably does it therefore it’s a moot point. That’s bullsht.

UNC, if anything, is just more careful. Why do they need to stop doing anything? The NCAA already said it’s a SACS issue, SACS said it’s a non issue. Why stop?

Reactions: kywildcat41086
ADVERTISEMENT