ADVERTISEMENT

UL Fans On Twitter.

tmuck

Senior
Oct 3, 2009
They are giddy over some decent commits in the '21 class. Reading their tweets and messageboard's, we might as well pencil them into the playoffs in the very near future. Clemson and Bama, watch out, Satt is coming. Here's an example of their delusion. [laughing]

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
We have already seen that their schedule can benefit them in the years that they don't play the tougher ACC schools. I can't see them being one class away in a year from being competitive at the top since sometimes its hard to be great at recruiting when you have the problems that they have had.

Reactions: Blueaz
They're recruiting well enough to consistently win games in a bad conference. They're not recruiting well enough to ever beat Clemson. They're not recruiting well enough to consistently beat FSU and Miami. They're not recruiting well enough to beat UK.

I do give credit to Satterthorpe though. Winning 8 games last year was a feat, considering what he took over. They have a base of wins each year to build from (2 OOC stiffs, BC, Wake, Syracuse)...and a few other mediocre programs that will always be beatable (NC State, Virginia). It must be nice to have 6 stiffs when you look at the schedule every year.

Reactions: Blueaz
UylrjGv4nHo6YF0s8lA3svolAsWvYOltL-aOxFa77ET27ss90t1tNg9Tzr7bwu8RJ6XmmGAjNW8rpu6AdV29taM8YmR0vcKqfp89BIfY0GsYBv-NFhfCO5_yqmnHeLvcpUkvLUf29epr

Not disagreeing with you, but we're only a couple years removed from that glass house.

My first thought as well. Reminded me of UoL message boards in 2014 making fun of UK's Super Bowl commercial, and record-high signing class hype.

Not disagreeing with you, but we're only a couple years removed from that glass house. [laughing]
We've actually recruited really well since Stoops has been here. It took longer than I expected but Stoops was not cutting corners like some coaches. He has made big strides in the coaching department too.

My first thought as well. Reminded me of UoL message boards in 2014 making fun of UK's Super Bowl commercial, and record-high signing class hype.
Very true. Although in fairness to our fans, we did have the #1 class that year deep into June. #1.

If we had the #1 class right now, we would be giddy again. And rightfully so.

Reactions: The-Hack
They're recruiting well enough to consistently win games in a bad conference. They're not recruiting well enough to ever beat Clemson. They're not recruiting well enough to consistently beat FSU and Miami. They're not recruiting well enough to beat UK.

I do give credit to Satterthorpe though. Winning 8 games last year was a feat, considering what he took over. They have a base of wins each year to build from (2 OOC stiffs, BC, Wake, Syracuse)...and a few other mediocre programs that will always be beatable (NC State, Virginia). It must be nice to have 6 stiffs when you look at the schedule every year.
right now uls class is ranked over ours but I fully expect UKS staff to steam past them.

My favorite Satterthorpe moment was his interview before the 2nd half started when he said something to the effect of "we've been doing a pretty good job (defense) so far, we just have to tackle a little better".....and UK went on to outgain University Six 306 yards to 89 and outscore them 28-0 over the last two quarters and making those dudes look like they wanted to get back on the bus midway through the 3rd quarter.

So far the new UL coach seems to be about having big play guys to do a lot of their damage. Maybe lack of a line, but the key stopping them is having the speed to contain enough and the lines to control the ball. And we have that. The commits I have noticed them getting looks to be a notch down from making big strides anytime soon. Couple more years will show if he can win with lower level recruits they use to get.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
right now uls class is ranked over ours but I fully expect UKS staff to steam past them.

I checked Rivals, and we are currently 37th and U of L 39th.

We actually dropped with our JUCO (Joko) commit, as he has not received his evaluation from Rivals. He’ll likely be graded a 5.6 or 5.7 Three Star on Rivals, and we’ll go back up. His current 0 Star rating lowers our average to U of L’s 2.8, which is below the average they finished last year (2.96) with the 40th ranked class for ‘20. Last year, classes that ended up with 2.8 average Star ratings ranked 45th and below after NSD.

I’m sure they are giddy about some commits: go back and look at one year old posts from June or July of last year when they got an early commit from 4 Star QB Chubba Purdy. He didn’t stick, flipping on NSD to FSU, but for months he was the Big Stick they were going to ride to the promised land.

All fan bases project greatness onto recruits . . . a slippery slope, especially months from NSD.

If a Card fan, I’m sure current recruits would make me hopeful, but they have nary a 4 Star on their list to date, are ranked 10th among ACC schools with UK still ahead, and likely to be farther ahead, soon, and frequent opponent Notre Dame way ahead, already.

Fortunately, the Coach being quoted did not say which recruiting class was going to get them to the top, just that they are “one away.”

Last edited:
Reactions: WildcatStu1
We have already seen that their schedule can benefit them in the years that they don't play the tougher ACC schools. I can't see them being one class away in a year from being competitive at the top since sometimes its hard to be great at recruiting when you have the problems that they have had.
Other than Clemson, what constitutes a tough ACC school?

We actually dropped with our JUCO (Joko) commit, as he has not received his evaluation from Rivals. He’ll likely be graded a 5.6 or 5.7 Three Star on Rivals, and we’ll go back up. His current 0 Star rating lowers our average to U of L’s 2.8, which is below the average they finished last year (2.96) with the 40th ranked class for ‘20. Last year, classes that ended up with 2.8 average Star ratings ranked 45th and below after NSD.

I’m sure they are giddy about some commits: go back and look at one year old posts from June or July of last year when they got an early commit from 4 Star QB Chubba Purdy. He didn’t stick, flipping on NSD to FSU, but for months he was the Big Stick they were going to ride to the promised land.

All fan bases project greatness onto recruits . . . a slippery slope, especially months from NSD.

If a Card fan, I’m sure current recruits would make me hopeful, but they have nary a 4 Star on their list to date, are ranked 10th among ACC schools with UK still ahead, and likely to be farther ahead, soon, and frequent opponent Notre Dame way ahead, already.

Fortunately, the Coach being quoted did not say which recruiting class was going to get them to the top, just that they are “one away.”

The only variable is TIME!!!.
Right now all we know is Time > than 35 years.

GO BIG BLUE!!!

naw
i love thumping them and listening to their excuses
[laughing] Oh me too, but a good rivalry game needs to be consistently competitive. The UofL game honestly doesn't do much for me outside of that week. I wish we'd move it back to the opener, made the summer trash talk so much better.

As much as Ive enjoyed the last 2 ass whippings we've given them, if we are going to continue to have to play them, the game is better when its competitive.

Disagree. I want to beat them by 30 or 40 every year. It takes this kind of drubbing to make those lemmings realize that their program is worse than ours. If you go over to their sites right now, there are still mouth breathers over there claiming that they would have won the game if the weather had been better. They really believe this! 45-13 and 500 yards rushing against them and the weather would have yielded a different result. hilarious. The only thing better than 45-13 was 56-10 on their homefield.

Disagree. I want to beat them by 30 or 40 every year. It takes this kind of drubbing to make those lemmings realize that their program is worse than ours. If you go over to their sites right now, there are still mouth breathers over there claiming that they would have won the game if the weather had been better. They really believe this! 45-13 and 500 yards rushing against them and the weather would have yielded a different result. hilarious. The only thing better than 45-13 was 56-10 on their homefield.
I dont go over there. Honestly they only matter the week of that game. Id rather schedule someone else, get some new home and home series scheduled. Make for some good tailgate road trips. I care infinitely more about beating Tennessee than worrying about Louisville. They're just not worth our time.

UofL just got a 4* CB commitment and is now ranked 8 spots ahead of us 32 - 40. Things can change quickly, and UK should pull ahead after the total class is finished. But there is no doubting UofL has picked it up big time this year over what they did the last couple of years. At least they are being listed by some pretty good recruits and several 4* as well. Whether they land them or not is another matter.

Last edited:

Me too...I’d rather end the season with curb stomping UL after they’ve won 6-8 games beforehand as the Cards confidence is always a little too high, which makes a drubbing that much sweeter.

A close competitive game allows excuses and makes them believe they are actually equal with the Cats. The combination of deafening silence and ridiculous sounding fans that make excuses after a 30-40 point loss is so much sweeter.

Reactions: Old Jim
Whether they land them or not is another matter.

And whether they keep them. Purdy committed in June of last year, and flipped. This DB they got a commitment from is farther from campus in Washington State than Purdy was in Arizona.

They have playing time to sell, and a Heisman winner in 2016. That likely should result in a top 35 class.

And whether they keep them. Purdy committed in June of last year, and flipped. This DB they got a commitment from is farther from campus in Washington State than Purdy was in Arizona.

They have playing time to sell, and a Heisman winner in 2016. That likely should result in a top 35 class.

i believe he is also a legacy recruit

Reactions: The-Hack

FWIW. Purdy, from AZ, had a personal relationship with the FSU coaches prior to their stint at Memphis going back several years when they coached at Arizona State. Norvell's move from Memphis to FSU was untimely for UofL.

"This flip was fostered by the relationships Norvell and Kenny Dillingham developed while they were at Arizona State and it paid off in a huge way for the ‘Noles and Chubba Purdy. It’s worth noting that Chubba has family in Florida and that his father attended the University of Miami."

Also, Purdy may very well start as a freshman at FSU. Something that would not likely have happened at UofL and maybe not for 2-3 years.

The DB from Washington state is the son of Terrence Williams who played basketball at UofL.

ADVERTISEMENT